+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 semester = 1.5 year PGWP?

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
thanks for this info , but have you studied for one year and got 1.5 PGWA or do you know anyone who did?

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
No bro i have read it on cic official site
can you share the link details?
My course completion letter mentions that it is one year course although it has 3 semesters. all my seniors got just 1 year pgwp.
So what are chances for me to get 1.5yr pgwp?

May 18, 2019
Hi All

My brother was also looking for a post graduate diploma 33 credits 3 semesters
In Kpu university.Will he be eligible for 3 year Pgwp or less.Though the LOA issued by university states program length is 2 year study.

Thanks in advance

Aitha

Star Member
Jul 5, 2018
Toronto
Category........
I spoke to immigration officers face to face on this. They don't care how many semesters did the student studied, but they just will see what is written in the course completion letter by the university. As you mentioned LOA states a program length is 2 yr study, the student is entitled to 3yrs PGWP.
However, as per rules and mood of IO and the student's luck determines it to be somewhere around 12months (length of course) to 3 years (maximum limit).

Akhil goud

May 5, 2019
I spoke to immigration officers face to face on this. They don't care how many semesters did the student studied, but they just will see what is written in the course completion letter by the university. As you mentioned LOA states a program length is 2 yr study, the student is entitled to 3yrs PGWP.
However, as per rules and mood of IO and the student's luck determines it to be somewhere around 12months (length of course) to 3 years (maximum limit).

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Hey guys,

My sister started her course on August 2018 and if she finishes her course on April 2020 ( a total of 4 semesters) how long her work permit will be? Will it be 1 year 8 months (duration of her course) or 3 years?

manasidesai

Feb 29, 2020
Hi all! Iam planning to pursue 1 year PG program in toronto. (3 semesters). My duration of PGWP will be 1 year or 1.5 years?
Please help!
Thanx in advance

gaby1991

Nov 21, 2018
Hello

I have a doubt about what you say. If the program is a Co op of 2 years (4 terms) and the last term is the Co-op term; would it be considered as a total of 2 years program for PGWP? or they wont consider 1 term because of the Co op part of the program?

dakugandhi

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi guys,

I completed a 1 year (3 semester course) from a college in Ontario, and I received a 1 year post graduate work permit. However, some one my classmates received a 1.5 year work permit. So I was wondering if I was supposed to get more than a 1.5 too. We did have classes in the 3rd semester.
Hi did you end of getting 1.5 year of work permit? I'm planning to take a course that is going to be of 3 semesters so would like to confirm. Thank you in advance!