+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 semester = 1.5 year PGWP?

Mar 15, 2021
FYI. I was under 1 year PWGP, same 3 semesters program in College.

You may take your chances for sure, it's your life.

However according to official website it's nothing to do with academic years:
"If you graduate from an eight-month certificate program, you would be eligible for a work permit that is valid for no more than eight months." (c) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
Hello, how were you able to get yourself to stay back after the 1year elapsed please? I'm looking at running a one year program

priit23

May 31, 2023
hello i am so confused plz help me !! i have applied in humber about 3 days ago and still haven't received any conformation mail and it isn't visable on OCAS portal !!what should i do ??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello i am so confused plz help me !! i have applied in humber about 3 days ago and still haven't received any conformation mail and it isn't visable on OCAS portal !!what should i do ??
What does this have to do with PGWP? Call OCAS or chat with them online.

Noorien

Aug 4, 2023
I spoke to a lawyer and he said that I should have received a 1.5 year work permit. I don't know if I should waste my money re-applying through him.
Hi can you please give me the lawyers contact details, I also want to apply through him,I completed 3 semester course

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi can you please give me the lawyers contact details, I also want to apply through him,I completed 3 semester course
The person posted in 2016 and hasn’t been on the forum in a year. How long of a permit did you get? What was the program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Actually, I haven't applied yet, so that's why I am asking for the lawyer contact details.
Why pay a lawyer thousands of dollars, when you can do it yourself? The moderators of this forum are lawyers so click on Cohen Immigration Law.