+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 questions..please please please help!

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Hi friends,

3 questions:

Please let me know if it's easy to get job after 1 year post graduate degree diploma from VIU?

Also, how easy it is to convert from study permit to 1 year PGW permit through this course?

If I get only a 1 year work permit...how do I extend it or convert to permanent residency?

Please help me.

Thanks!
Ashley

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Please let me know if it's easy to get job after 1 year post graduate degree diploma from VIU?
not easy...but depends on a lot of other factors.....just doing a diploma/degree does not guarantee a job.....it usually takes 3-6 months on an avg to find a job.

Also, how easy it is to convert from study permit to 1 year PGW permit through this course?
if ur collage is on the approved list and duration of ur degree/diploma 1 year then shouldnt be a problem..PGWP is not like study visa ....mostly everyone gets PGWP if they r eligible and have attached the right documentation. below link gives more details
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

If I get only a 1 year work permit...how do I extend it or convert to permanent residency?
Depends which PR stream ur aiming for....under CEC u need 1 year work experience..however in some provinces like alberta their PNP programs are different. eg. check out link below to BC PNP. you will have to go through the PNP program of province ur going to and the province u may get a job in. however i believe 1 year pgwp is not enough time..... too risky.
http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP.aspx

linus27

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you so much, Mead!

I'm applying for Post Graduate Degree Diploma in Financial Services. If I even get the 1 year work permit, is it possible to get employment sponsorship after the 1 year work permit concludes? Would my employer need to prove that no local citizens were available for my role?

If my wife gets a work permit while I study for the 1 year post graduate degree diploma course, will she be able to find job in hospitality industry easily? She's a flight attendant currently.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
I'm applying for Post Graduate Degree Diploma in Financial Services. If I even get the 1 year work permit, is it possible to get employment sponsorship after the 1 year work permit concludes? Would my employer need to prove that no local citizens were available for my role?
for an employer to sponsor u they have to apply for LMO. I cannot tell u if u will find an employer like that or not but below link is the info on LMO.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

If my wife gets a work permit while I study for the 1 year post graduate degree diploma course, will she be able to find job in hospitality industry easily? She's a flight attendant currently.
its difficult it normally take 3-6 months and without canadian experience or canadian education its even more difficult....I cannot tell u about flight attendants.....