+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 months to complete the full requirements STILL REFUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone. I just want to share that i got my refusal exactly on the 8th day from the 14 days processing timeline. For the reason that i didnt satisfy the officer with one or more of the ff. (they're not specific to where i really have a problem), funds, job security, family ties here in the Philippines and in Canada... i showed a $6,000 joint funds from me and my common law partner(canadian), my recently renewed working contract for 2 years as hotel resident manager indicating as well that i am earning $1,500 a month, supported by my payroll bank statement and payslip, approved vacation leave, i also provided certification from my lawyer that i have a pending annulment and child custody case on process that i have to return on time to attend the hearing, i submit as well my partner's tax assessment for the past 3 years from his courier business in Edmonton, his property tax from his houses, travel registration of his vehicles, his divorce papers, pictures, cards, receipts and statement of all our hotel accomodation from his visit here in the Philippines, email and chat logs ( i also provide proof of our common law relationship), return ticket for the trip, itinerary, invitation letter from my partner and his sister, birth certificate of our 16th month old baby.... and more. What's weird is when they returned my documents it looks like as if they didnt even look at my work contract and approved leave and such.... but the pictures yes... everything is there. I am now re-applying as i dont want to waste the full effort, time and money we spend here.... it's just a visit to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday and 55th anniversary of my in-laws (my mother in law is too weak, and we're only counting the days - cancer patient) and her only wish is to see her daughter in law. We didn't indicate this reason in the invitation as we know they dont sympathize in cases such as this... it's just so sad that their decision is abrupt and not justifiable. Hoping for the next visa officer who will review my re-applied application to re-consider my case...... EVERYTHING that they asked from the list of requirements is presented and it's all genuine documents but still not enough.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
From the Phils, show at least 10k funds (your own, not joint), more is better. Applying too soon after a refusal may not be a good idea. Also. looks like you have an ongoing FSW application. Read on dual intent. If I were the officer processing your application, I would think you want to go to Canada to be with your partner. Let the officer know that you would be going back to the Phils once your allowed visit is over since you would not want to jeopardize your future sponsorship application later. Go thru the refusal letter and try and overcome their objections.

Esther2010 said:
Hi everyone. I just want to share that i got my refusal exactly on the 8th day from the 14 days processing timeline. For the reason that i didnt satisfy the officer with one or more of the ff. (they're not specific to where i really have a problem), funds, job security, family ties here in the Philippines and in Canada... i showed a $6,000 joint funds from me and my common law partner(canadian), my recently renewed working contract for 2 years as hotel resident manager indicating as well that i am earning $1,500 a month, supported by my payroll bank statement and payslip, approved vacation leave, i also provided certification from my lawyer that i have a pending annulment and child custody case on process that i have to return on time to attend the hearing, i submit as well my partner's tax assessment for the past 3 years from his courier business in Edmonton, his property tax from his houses, travel registration of his vehicles, his divorce papers, pictures, cards, receipts and statement of all our hotel accomodation from his visit here in the Philippines, email and chat logs ( i also provide proof of our common law relationship), return ticket for the trip, itinerary, invitation letter from my partner and his sister, birth certificate of our 16th month old baby.... and more. What's weird is when they returned my documents it looks like as if they didnt even look at my work contract and approved leave and such.... but the pictures yes... everything is there. I am now re-applying as i dont want to waste the full effort, time and money we spend here.... it's just a visit to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday and 55th anniversary of my in-laws (my mother in law is too weak, and we're only counting the days - cancer patient) and her only wish is to see her daughter in law. We didn't indicate this reason in the invitation as we know they dont sympathize in cases such as this... it's just so sad that their decision is abrupt and not justifiable. Hoping for the next visa officer who will review my re-applied application to re-consider my case...... EVERYTHING that they asked from the list of requirements is presented and it's all genuine documents but still not enough.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with job seeker, I think the chances of the visa being approved are low given that you have a partner in Canada and possibly a FSW application in process. Visit visas typically aren't granted in these situations since it's clear the applicant wishes to remain in Canada long term. However I supposed there's no harm in trying again.

Esther2010

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I agree with job seeker, I think the chances of the visa being approved are low given that you have a partner in Canada and possibly a FSW application in process. Visit visas typically aren't granted in these situations since it's clear the applicant wishes to remain in Canada long term. However I supposed there's no harm in trying again.
Thanks to you and Jobseeker's opinion, i appreciate it. And yes i fully understand that it would probably what the visa officer might think. That's why i really showed proofs that i am really coming back due to the fact that i have a pending annulment case going and child custody case over my kids, that i really need to attend the upcoming hearings and not just set aside it.... me and my Canadian partner have been apart for 2 long years and we are doing our best to fulfill the requirement for our future spousal sponsorhip. I have a very high paying job here in the Philippines and i cannot just lose it over this one month visit for a double celebration... i even got my boss approval presented with approved leave form and my working contract. I will probably write a letter of intent as what jobseeker suggested, that i wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our future spousal application once we are qualified to apply for it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.