+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3-Day hotel quarantine lifted from august 9?

santiago.ac

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
If my flight arrives in Canada at 5pm the 9th, but my travel starts august 8, this still applies, right? I don’t need to do the hotel quarantine?

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I have concern about the airport PCR test. my final destination is Halifax and I will enter Montreal on August 12. now since we don't have 3-day hotel anymore and I am unvaccinated, I guess I need to give a PCR test at entry point. So how can I use a connecting flight from Montreal to Halifax even though I am yet to receive my PCR test results?
isn't it risky for everyone on the connecting flight? or they will ask me to self quarantine at the airport?

My university has booed a 14 days hotel quarantine for me in Halifax.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
I have concern about the airport PCR test. my final destination is Halifax and I will enter Montreal on August 12. now since we don't have 3-day hotel anymore and I am unvaccinated, I guess I need to give a PCR test at entry point. So how can I use a connecting flight from Montreal to Halifax even though I am yet to receive my PCR test results?
isn't it risky for everyone on the connecting flight? or they will ask me to self quarantine at the airport?

PCR test that you'll give at airport is rapid so you'll get the results at the same time. Your connecting flight wont get affected by it. Quarantine is what you'll need to do after reaching the final point. But are you sure hotel quarantine has been ended for unvaccinnated people as well?

Reactions: sbenyamin

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
PCR test that you'll give at airport is rapid so you'll get the results at the same time. Your connecting flight wont get affected by it. Quarantine is what you'll need to do after reaching the final point. But are you sure hotel quarantine has been ended for unvaccinnated people as well?
They say from August 9, the 3 Day hotel quarantine Will be lifted for all travelers, so I guess so.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020

You don't need to wait in Montreal for your test results. You can go straight to Halifax and start quarantine there. I hear they are even giving people the tests to take home and DIY now. At least in Toronto.

KoKo_

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Starting august 9th, on arrival testing isn’t even gonna be a thing for fully vaccinated individuals.

they say that on canada.ca
True for fully vaxxed

"...All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, will still require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result. However effective August 9, 2021, the Government of Canada is adjusting its post-arrival testing strategy for fully vaccinated travellers. Using a new border testing surveillance program at airports and land border crossings, fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. There are no changes to the mandatory testing requirements for unvaccinated travellers. "

Source: Government of Canada announces easing of border measures for fully vaccinated travellers - Canada.ca

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The PCR tests at Canadian airports are not rapid tests. You will not get the results that day.

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
The PCR tests at Canadian airports are not rapid tests. You will not get the results that day.
so they let you continue the travel to desired location without the test results you think? or despite saying that the 3 day will be lifted, we still need to wait for the test results?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
so they let you continue the travel to desired location without the test results you think? or despite saying that the 3 day will be lifted, we still need to wait for the test results?
You don't wait for the test result. You continue on your onwards journey. They might not even test you at the airport (depending on which one) but rather send you home with a testing kit to do at home same day or next, with instructions on how to send it for testing.

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
One concern, if I'm getting a flight to Saskatoon with a layover at Montreal of 11 hours, I'll most probably need to book one night hotel there. Do I need to complete all my 14 days in Montreal then or can i continue my journey and quarantine in Saskatoon?