+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3-Day hotel quarantine lifted from august 9?

sbenyamin

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey guys, i read on canada.ca that from august 9 we don't need to book for 3-day airport hotel quarantine, does this include all the international students or just selected coutnries?

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
Hey guys, i read on canada.ca that from august 9 we don't need to book for 3-day airport hotel quarantine, does this include all the international students or just selected coutnries?
Same concern. Is it for student vaccinnated with accepted vaccines only? I assume, students with Sinovac or Sinopharm are not exempted.

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Same concern. Is it for student vaccinnated with accepted vaccines only? I assume, students with Sinovac or Sinopharm are not exempted.
If you're unvaccinated or vaccinated with sinovac or sinopharm, you no longer need to spend 3 days in hotel quarantine, but you still need to do the 14 days quarantine at home (effective on August 9)

If you're fully vaccinated with pfizer or moderna or johnson or AZ, you don't have to quarantine.

The above applies to all travelers regardless of country of origin.

Last edited:

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
If you're unvaccinated or vaccinated with sinovac or sinopharm, you no longer need to spend 3 days in hotel quarantine, but you still need to do the 14 days quarantine at home.

If you're fully vaccinated with pfizer or moderna or johnson or AZ, you don't have to quarantine.

The above applies to all travelers regardless of country of origin.
Thanks man for the info, I assume this rule applies from Aug 9? I saw on a source it say's for foreign travellers it'll be starting from 7th September.

Source: https://ca.travelpulse.com/news/impacting-travel/canada-to-open-us-border-august-9-quarantine-hotel-program-ends-same-day.html

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021

DevSB

Mar 27, 2021
so for us, foreign international students it is from Aug 9, right? the 3day hotel lift i mean.
If you’ve been fully vaccinated with one of the 4 vaccines approved by Canada for at least 14 days , you don’t need to quarantine in a hotel anymore, even if you travel today

Reactions: inkpot

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Thanks for the source man, I assume for foreign nationals it applies from 7th Sept as per the source?
Lifting of the 3 day hotel quarantine for all travellers applies from August 9. September 7 is when fully vaccinated travellers can enter Canada for non essential reasons such as tourism regardless of country of origin.

Reactions: sbenyamin

omarasimd005

Mar 27, 2019
If you’ve been fully vaccinated with one of the 4 vaccines approved by Canada for at least 14 days , you don’t need to quarantine in a hotel anymore, even if you travel today
I assume students with sinovac like me will still need to quarantine for 14 days but we'll be exempted from 3 day hotel quarantine rule?