+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[3 Colleges] Are the reviews for these colleges true?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
since i dont know about colleges in toronto, i checked review in some sites, and i found a site which have mixed reviews, but most of them said bad things about these colleges..

these are the links, pls help people, i dont want any trouble in college, i want it to be smooth study and graduation. ;D

also, i dont like to encounter any thiefs or a**holes in these colleges.. if these are all "BAD" colleges, then i should aim for university?

http://reviews.collegetimes.us/ontario/sheridan-college/
http://reviews.collegetimes.us/ontario/humber-college/
http://reviews.collegetimes.us/ontario/seneca-college/

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't know these colleges but you can counter assholes and thieves pretty much anywhere if you are unlucky. I suppose some colleges try very hard to "sell" their courses and sometimes the courses might be kind of useless or the job opportunities after completing their courses are not what they say they are.

The only advice I can give you is to research the course you want to take and if that particular course might be good at that college and also what the job opportunities are after you graduate.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
At any college or university you will encounter a mix of good and bad people. These don't have a bad reputation in Canada, really. As for the courses, again, some will be good and some won't. This partly depends on you, how you get along with the other students and teacher, and what you want out of the course.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do "colleges" teach less than "universities" in canada, i mean in quality of education?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hell911 said:
do "colleges" teach less than "universities" in canada, i mean in quality of education?
Most people would probably say that the quality of education provided by universities is significantly higher / better than colleges. But it depends what you're studying and what you want to do after you finish your studies. For example, if you want to be a chef - you're probably better off going to college. If you want to be an engineer - then university.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@scylla

i will be taking "Computer and Network Support Technician " in humber college, what do you think, college is fine for that 2 year course or still university?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Google anything you can find about that course that does not come from Humber college directly. If you find someone on linked in or other places that has completed that course in their CV, write them a note and ask them if they would recommend it.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@leon

yea, thats nice suggestion, right now i have sent messages to about 5 people who took the same course, lets hope they will reply. ;D