+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3-6 month course

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Hi all,

I am bachelors degree holder from Pune with 5 years work exp in IT.

I have current CRS score of 441 and want to increase it by taking further education. (I have max points in language)

Can you suggest any short course of 3-6 months in India in Software/IT which can help me claim points for "2 or more post secondary certificates/degrees/diplomas" which is recognized by WES ?

Please help.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
It would be wise to apply for a PNP to increase your score by additional 600 CRS points instead of enrolling into a post graduation course. You would need to invest in atleast 1 or 2 years course to be recognized by WES and claim points for "Two or more degrees".

PNP will take anywhere between 3 to 6 months to get the nomination to fetch you additional 600 CRS points to shoot your score to 1041.

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
i get your point, but there is no guarantee of getting a PNP right?

i am only aware of the ontario PNP which i can get without job offer but that is also closed for this year due to cap being reached.

do you know anyone who has got any pnp at around 400 points without job offer ?? and what is the probability of my getting it??

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
When you apply for a PNP and submit all the documents which fulfills the requirements, then there is more than 80% chance that you will get nomination.
Candidates with even 400 CRS points have received PT NOI from Ontario in the past. OINP started out in June 2015, so probably they have reached their quota for 2015. The quota for 2016 is yet to be announced. Visit their website regularly for news and updates.

Alternatively, you can also see if you are eligible to apply for SINP EE when it opens next. There is a list of "In-Demand" NOC codes and if your NOC code is in their list and you fulfill their eligibility criteria, then you can apply for it.

There are many people who obtained nomination from SINP even though they had less than 400 points

ajithj

May 1, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2017-Mar
AOR Received.
2017-Mar
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
2017-Mar
Passport Req..
2017-May
LANDED..........
2017-Jun
rollercoaster said:
Hi all,

I am bachelors degree holder from Pune with 5 years work exp in IT.

I have current CRS score of 441 and want to increase it by taking further education. (I have max points in language)

Can you suggest any short course of 3-6 months in India in Software/IT which can help me claim points for "2 or more post secondary certificates/degrees/diplomas" which is recognized by WES ?

Please help.
The additional diploma/certificate course has to be atleast 1 year in duration. I don't think 3-6 months course will fetch you any additional points.

Refer the below link:
w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
ajithj said:
The additional diploma/certificate course has to be atleast 1 year in duration. I don't think 3-6 months course will fetch you any additional points.

Refer the below link:
w w w.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/ECA_table_EN.pdf
Thanks for this vital information!!

Are distance learning programs like a 1 year distance masters able to fetch me points here??

Also any institutes in india you can suggest for such 1 year courses for which WES credentials are recognized would be great!

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
When you apply for a PNP and submit all the documents which fulfills the requirements, then there is more than 80% chance that you will get nomination.
Candidates with even 400 CRS points have received PT NOI from Ontario in the past. OINP started out in June 2015, so probably they have reached their quota for 2015. The quota for 2016 is yet to be announced. Visit their website regularly for news and updates.

Alternatively, you can also see if you are eligible to apply for SINP EE when it opens next. There is a list of "In-Demand" NOC codes and if your NOC code is in their list and you fulfill their eligibility criteria, then you can apply for it.

There are many people who obtained nomination from SINP even though they had less than 400 points
i think i have been late on this.. i should have checked the PNPs last year itself.. anyways.. better late than never. Thanks!!

lastwayout

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks for this vital information!!

Are distance learning programs like a 1 year distance masters able to fetch me points here??

Also any institutes in india you can suggest for such 1 year courses for which WES credentials are recognized would be great!
I am a same query.......did you get information of these courses and institutes (especially distance learning ones) in India ?