+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd X ray- and sputum test

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Hi,
Please let me know if anything like this happened to you .
hoping your journey can help me out a little.
I did my medical on 23rd April, and received an e-mail that further medical examination is required.
Now I have my sputum test from 21st- June To 23rd June and another X ray is required on 14th Sept. I have been advised to visit a pulmonologist as well.
My intake is sept 2021! How long does it take after 2nd X ray to get a visa and should I inform my university about it already ?
please tell your timelines for getting an approval after 2nd X ray and experience if nothing goes wrong and one tests negative in sputum test, does medical passed shows then in your status or it can still be rejected ?

Ek0101

Apr 30, 2021
Hi let me share my experience i gave sputum samples on 21-23 april and they testes all of them for smear which were negative but my after 6 weeks my cultue comes postive and i got failed in medical
In your case if your all smear comes negative i doesn't mean you pass the medical you have to wait for culture report which usually comes in 6-8 weeks if culture negative and xray same as before or improved then you will definitely pass the medical within few days
Thanks

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
So then your study permit got rejected ? Did IRCC give medical reasons and refuse your application, if yes ? how long did it take to receive the final letter of refusal ?

Vini3456

Jun 19, 2021
Hi let me share my experience i gave sputum samples on 21-23 april and they testes all of them for smear which were negative but my after 6 weeks my cultue comes postive and i got failed in medical
In your case if your all smear comes negative i doesn't mean you pass the medical you have to wait for culture report which usually comes in 6-8 weeks if culture negative and xray same as before or improved then you will definitely pass the medical within few days
Thanks
Also then how long did it take to get the report for smears ? Culture takes about 6-8 weeks ? right ?

Ek0101

Apr 30, 2021
So then your study permit got rejected ? Did IRCC give medical reasons and refuse your application, if yes ? how long did it take to receive the final letter of refusal ?
No, I'm already in canada i found with active tb in PR medical and i don't get any refusal yet. I consult the professional he said my file will be on hold till treatment. Hope so i will get pr soon

Don't worry most people found negative at the end if you have 1-2 spot then it would be birth mark i know many people have this so just wait and pray everything will be cleared

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks
Think you are misunderstanding what the TB test is. You give a sample and it takes 6-8 weeks minimum to grow the culture to see if you grow TB. Not sure what you are talking about smears taking 2-3 days. The culture preparation perhaps but how cultures are prepared are irrelevant to patients. What matters are results. If you test positive you will be expected to get treatment which usually means a minimum of 6 months of antibiotics and then retesting. If you test negative and and your s-rays come back clear then your application moves forward. Canada tries very hard to prevent people with TB from entering Canada because TB is pretty rare except in some populations like the homeless and aboriginals on reserves. Canada does not want TB infections as part of the normal population.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, I'm already in canada i found with active tb in PR medical and i don't get any refusal yet. I consult the professional he said my file will be on hold till treatment. Hope so i will get pr soon

Don't worry most people found negative at the end if you have 1-2 spot then it would be birth mark i know many people have this so just wait and pray everything will be cleared
You will have to go through a rigorous 6 month course of antibiotics and you will be followed very carefully by public health. Until you complete another TB test and it comes back negative you file can’t get approved.