VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ok as he has only married you in Saudi Arabia, while he was still married, that marriage is not recognized in Canada, regardless if it is in Saudi Arabia where limited polygamy is recognized..
As for you, while he still lives with his official wife, you are nothing but a mistress when it comes to Canadian law. Meaning you yourself have 0 chance to be recognized as a common law or a wife for that matter at the moment. That would also include any claims on his possessions (no legal right there).
Of course would he have children with you those will be still regarded his even if he had them out of wedlock.
Worst consequences for you hardly anything on the legal side as you did what was legal in your country. Worst consequences for him that depends how and where was his first marriage made and recognized.
So in the general law she can accuse him of cheating her with you and if she has a marriage contract with him that can be costly. And hoho if ever he is proved a crime of bigamy (up to a jail time).
And by the way it does not even seem to be ok according to the sharia law. If I am not mistaken first wife is supposed to know about such marriage. So she can even pursue him back to Saudi Arabia (if she has powerful family).
I guess practical consequence for you might be that later on he might just divorce you (if he would find it too difficult with the first marriage).
What will it mean for your life as a divorced later on is difficult to say (I guess for you to judge). But then again you went into that risk.

So good luck there