+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Visitor Visa Extension

spatel74

Jan 11, 2010
Hi All,

My Father in Law came to Canada last year on a 10 year Multiple Visitor Visa. We got one extension for another 6 months back in December which will expire in August. Due to the current COVID situation in India we are not comfortable to send if back even if the international flights resume. In the wake of this situation can we apply for another extension for another 6 months. As per the rules you can only get extension once but when i called the CIC call center they said you can apply given the current situation.

My only worry is will it affect any future applications of Visitor Visa, Super Visa or Permanent Residence since we have requested another extension against the rules.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

My Father in Law came to Canada last year on a 10 year Multiple Visitor Visa. We got one extension for another 6 months back in December which will expire in August. Due to the current COVID situation in India we are not comfortable to send if back even if the international flights resume. In the wake of this situation can we apply for another extension for another 6 months. As per the rules you can only get extension once but when i called the CIC call center they said you can apply given the current situation.

My only worry is will it affect any future applications of Visitor Visa, Super Visa or Permanent Residence since we have requested another extension against the rules.
There is no rule stating you can only get an extension once.

Yes - you can apply for another extension.

ady555

Jan 28, 2014
Need some info regarding my mom visitor visa extension

i have applied for my mom visa extension earlier and then applied for a super visa which is expiring by sept -20 this year so i am planing to extend her stay for another 6 months by applying a visitor visa

My question:

1.can i apply for the visitor visa extension for second time

2. if i can apply then when i log into my account in the visitor visa page i dont see a option to apply a new form

please clarify

arunmanian

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
Hi All,

There is no rule that its only one extenstion, if you provide enough information and ties back to your country the chances of approval for further extension provided if you have met visa obligations such as visitor visa stamped on the passport meets the extension date. or if your visa exempt. I have been and also currently in the same situation as you. I am hoping for another extension as well.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
There is no rule that its only one extenstion, if you provide enough information and ties back to your country the chances of approval for further extension provided if you have met visa obligations such as visitor visa stamped on the passport meets the extension date. or if your visa exempt. I have been and also currently in the same situation as you. I am hoping for another extension as well.
were you successful?

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Hi All,

did you managed to get it extended?