+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2nd Extension of Visitor Visa

bhiwani

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi there,
My parents are visiting us from India. We are based in BC. They arrived here in Jan, 2020 on Visitor Visa. I applied for the extension of their Visitor Visa (Extend Stay as Visitor) in Jun 2020 (one month before the 180 days implicit expiry of visitor visa). They got a request to submit Biometric data in Jun 2020. However, Biometric Collection Centers remains closed due to Covid. Now, its Dec 2020 and the extension of their visa (if it gets approved), will expire in Jan 2021. Here are my questions:
1. The extension of their visa will expire in Jan, however, I would like to extend it further. Can I apply for another extension to extend their visa to Jul 2021 while still waiting to hear back from CIC on the current extension application submitted by us in Jun 2020?
2. Is there a center open now in BC where I can take my parents for Biometric Collection?
Your responses are much appreciated.
FYI, the latest processing time on CIC site for Visitor Extension (Visitor Record) is 192 days. My parents application is still sitting at around 175 days.
Thanks,

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi there,
My parents are visiting us from India. We are based in BC. They arrived here in Jan, 2020 on Visitor Visa. I applied for the extension of their Visitor Visa (Extend Stay as Visitor) in Jun 2020 (one month before the 180 days implicit expiry of visitor visa). They got a request to submit Biometric data in Jun 2020. However, Biometric Collection Centers remains closed due to Covid. Now, its Dec 2020 and the extension of their visa (if it gets approved), will expire in Jan 2021. Here are my questions:
1. The extension of their visa will expire in Jan, however, I would like to extend it further. Can I apply for another extension to extend their visa to Jul 2021 while still waiting to hear back from CIC on the current extension application submitted by us in Jun 2020?
2. Is there a center open now in BC where I can take my parents for Biometric Collection?
Your responses are much appreciated.
FYI, the latest processing time on CIC site for Visitor Extension (Visitor Record) is 192 days. My parents application is still sitting at around 175 days.
Thanks,
You can only apply for an extension once you have heard about the first extension. They are currently making appointments for biometrics.

Reactions: bhiwani

bhiwani

Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can only apply for an extension once you have heard about the first extension. They are currently making appointments for biometrics.
Thank you, Canuck78. Much appreciated.