+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

29th June IELTS GT discussion

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Pls don't give up. Youve adequately preared to consistently achieve these scores.Try seeing E2 language videos by Jay, it helped me achieve my desired score after bagging 6.5 in writing thrice . Good luck
Thanks for your good thoughts mate. I am appearing on 7sep again. As suggested did review E2 material along with checking service. I am confident to get the desired scores this time. Thanks again for motivating.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
LRWS 8777 is the required score for me to get 450+ CRS, hence none of the score works for me!!
Oh........ This 0.5 is evading you everytime either in listening or in writing. Darn it. I guess luck matters a lot. Now when I compare mine with you, I feel, I'm blessed.

You've already invested close to a lac in this.

Good luck mate.

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Oh........ This 0.5 is evading you everytime either in listening or in writing. Darn it. I guess luck matters a lot. Now when I compare mine with you, I feel, I'm blessed.

You've already invested close to a lac in this.

Good luck mate.
Thanks,
I am personally not that much concerned about the money I have spent, but yes I can’t agree much that luck plays it part.
Thanks for the wishes, I am writing the exam again though!!

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Okay. Well I have also attempted thrice, and am going in on the 9th of this month for th 4th time. I believe, we need to find out the mistakes that we are unintentionally making while doing the writing exam. If you deviate from the topic, no matter how good you write, you won't be awarded a 7 or above. In my previous 3 attempts, I did not fulfill the needs of the essay which lead me to score 6.5, 6, 6.5 in writing. I later came to know that I had issues with my 1. Structure of body paragraphs, and 2. Response to the question asked.
Work on these key areas and see where else you may be lacking. Get some IELTS correction service, that helps too. Check (https://www.ieltsanswers.com/contact-tutor.html) for correction service (the instructor's name is Mike). Get at least 4 of your task 2 evaluated by him.
Hi Ammad, how did your ielts go ? Hope you got the magical score you need. Do inform me about your status.

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Thank you for asking. I got L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7 and have also received ITA on the 20th of August. I wish you all the best of luck.
So happy to hear another success story,. I am appearing on 7th too, I have prepared adequately this time focusing specially on writing, let’s see how it goes. Will keep you posted, thanks for your wishes.

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Thank you for asking. I got L8.5 R7.5 W7 S7 and have also received ITA on the 20th of August. I wish you all the best of luck.
Didn’t you say u appeared on 9th aug ? did you appear for CBT as your result seems to have come in early for you to receive the ITA within a week. This is so motivating.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Didn’t you say u appeared on 9th aug ? did you appear for CBT as your result seems to have come in early for you to receive the ITA within a week. This is so motivating.
Yes. I appeared for CBT IDP on the 9th and got my results on the 15th August. Updated my profile the same day and got an invitation in the very next round (20th August) . Cut off was 457 and my score was 462.

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
So happy to hear another success story,. I am appearing on 7th too, I have prepared adequately this time focusing specially on writing, let’s see how it goes. Will keep you posted, thanks for your wishes.
Good luck with your exam. Just make sure to stick to task response in essay. Never add in anything irrelevant to the task. Follow the general pattern of writing and you will definitely succeed..

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Yes. I appeared for CBT IDP on the 9th and got my results on the 15th August. Updated my profile the same day and got an invitation in the very next round (20th August) . Cut off was 457 and my score was 462.
Great job, I am sitting for a PBT, somewhat more comfortable writing. CBT wasn’t a good experience I appeared twice

Reactions: ammad88

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Good luck with your exam. Just make sure to stick to task response in essay. Never add in anything irrelevant to the task. Follow the general pattern of writing and you will definitely succeed..
Noted, thanks mate. I believe I have filed it again because of motivation from people like yourself. Fingers crossed!! Thanks again

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Thanks for all your wishes mate! It worked!!
I appeared cbt on 14th sep got my result today LRWS 9 9 7.5 8.5
CRS 455 now, so happy and keeping fingers crossed now... how are things going with you?

ammad88

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for all your wishes mate! It worked!!
I appeared cbt on 14th sep got my result today LRWS 9 9 7.5 8.5
CRS 455 now, so happy and keeping fingers crossed now... how are things going with you?
That's great news buddy. So happy for you. I am working on documentation... Almost done, will submit the application soon. Max in 2 weeks.

Manishprasher

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
That's great news buddy. So happy for you. I am working on documentation... Almost done, will submit the application soon. Max in 2 weeks.
All the best, I hired a consultant initially so he is taking care for all the paperwork for me. It’s almost complete, just exploring other ways to increase score, may be my wife sits and we get 5-6 points there. I have seen crs hovering around 460 for past couple of months which worries me a bit. But yeah determined.