+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

28th September 2019 IELTS Answers in American Countries

piyush1234

Sep 29, 2019
I agree with your statement but we are not supposed to take words from out of the speech right ?
Yes, that's really debatable. They should have clearly mentioned it a "discount", since "cost" or "reduction" doesn't really make sense considering it's just one word answer. I also felt that the answer to one of the questions should have been Radio-station" instead of Radio because it just sounds right. But I just put it "Radio".

LucasBR

Nov 20, 2017
" Group reduction" has completely different meaning than "Group Discount". I guess that shifts context to whole new level.
Agreed. Group discount makes more sense to me... but because we have to catch the words from the speech, I think Reduction is more likely to be right..

Rjk

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
I don’t even remember what passage had these t,f,ng.... question...
Can you help?
Now I remember
Reading passage 2 Was on some zoo
1. Ng ... held every year
????
What was the answer of .... every week volunteers perform three kinds of duties???
T or F???

Rjk

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Agreed. Group discount makes more sense to me... but because we have to catch the words from the speech, I think Reduction is more likely to be right..
Yeah.... but the question was
No group........
So either it should be cost reduction or discount.... since it was one word allowed so discount seems right.

LucasBR

Nov 20, 2017
Now I remember
Reading passage 2 Was on some zoo
1. Ng ... held every year
????
What was the answer of .... every week volunteers perform three kinds of duties???
T or F???
2. I put false
and for every week..... I also put false, because it was said that they rotated twice a week...

Rjk

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
How it can be “discount” if the speaker say cost reduction
Sometimes the question’s aswer demands synonyms.... it’s a trap from IELTS.... I learnt it while practicing for exam.....

Eg. the speaker says finally, we have to revise.

But the correct answer in book was LASTLY...but speaker never said lastly

Trinath

Sep 29, 2019
" Group reduction" has completely different meaning than "Group Discount". I guess that shifts context to whole new level.
But we can interpret no group re
2. I put false
and for every week..... I also put false, because it was said that they rotated twice a week...
I think it’s True-it said once or twice every week....and question said every week and didn’t mention frequency