Jul 27, 2018
Alexandria
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 8
Writing 6.5
Overall 8
I can’t believe as my writing went really well
Maybe ask for re-evaluation? I'm considering that as well. Honestly, the writing for me was a bit hard, especially the topic for the letter. I brainstormed for ideas for 10mins and didn't have enough time left, so I went ahead and started writing Task 2 essay before Task 1.

Reactions: Mandeep1989

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Great score but it sucks when you miss by 0.5.

I also got my score today
L-8
R-8
W-6.5
S-7
O-7.5

Writing dropped my score by 57 points to 396. I am going for re-evaluation as well as booking a new test today as next available date is in November.
In your case, re-evaluation won't be good option as you have 2 bands difference in your score. So, it is already reviewed by a second examiner.
What's the logic behind the two bands difference .since I believe I m more probable to get it done in the reevaluation as my other modules are excellent.
every module goes to different examiners for checking and reevaluation one will be checked by the examiner in Cambridge University. Accordingly , the is no logic behind the one or two band difference , if anybody is confident about its performance and not being awarded bands, then reevaluation is the best option

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
What's the logic behind the two bands difference .since I believe I m more probable to get it done in the reevaluation as my other modules are excellent.
every module goes to different examiners for checking and reevaluation one will be checked by the examiner in Cambridge University. Accordingly , the is no logic behind the one or two band difference , if anybody is confident about its performance and not being awarded bands, then reevaluation is the best option
Also, one ex-examiner told me that when any candidate is given seven bands by an examiner , then the second examiner check it. Below 7 only one examiner checks it. My recent scores we're
L 7.5 r9 w7 s8
L7.5 r9 w7.5 s 7.5
This one L8.5 R9 W7.5 S8
I can't believe that I score 6.5 in writing as I performed far better than my recent attempts

Mandeep1989

Oct 23, 2017
Maybe ask for re-evaluation? I'm considering that as well. Honestly, the writing for me was a bit hard, especially the topic for the letter. I brainstormed for ideas for 10mins and didn't have enough time left, so I went ahead and started writing Task 2 essay before Task 1.
Yes I will apply definitely

Rangrez

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hi Mandeep,
I am sorry for the confusion. I read it wrong. I should have posted the exact content what I read.
"If there is a 2 band difference between your writing and speaking scores, they are usually double-checked automatically, so a re-mark probably won't help."

It was for 2 band difference in speaking and writing. As you have only 0.5 difference in both bands, I think you should go for the re-evaluation and also apply for a new test in case score doesn't increases.

As you have already talked to ex-examiner, he will be able to guide you better.

Kiwi07

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Category........
FSW
Looks like writing was everyones pain and downfall this time. I never scored below 7.5 in an Academic attempt in 2014 and 3 recent General attempts in last 2 years. But to fall to 6.5 is unfair as I did as well as any other attempt before. Because I cracked in other sections it does not matter anyway. Another attempt in September.

Narang89

Nov 6, 2017
People even with 2 band difference should apply for eor if they are confident. I have recently got my eor with increase in writing from 6.5 to 7.5. I was confident enough about writing
Score before eor 9 9 6.5 8
Score after eor 9 9 7.5 8

Reactions: ashokacca

ashokacca

Jun 21, 2018
People even with 2 band difference should apply for eor if they are confident. I have recently got my eor with increase in writing from 6.5 to 7.5. I was confident enough about writing
Score before eor 9 9 6.5 8
Score after eor 9 9 7.5 8
That is encouraging... BC or IDP