+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

27 July 2019 IELTS General Training Questions and Answers

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
I m thinking to give on 17th august..last day for booking is 13th..by 9th results will be out..so I will wait and then decide..but yes listening was tough
Thanks for telling. I dint know that the last day for booking is 13th. Are you planning to take the exam from Hyderabad?

farazi14

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
I am disappointed with listening this time.
Last time i got 7.5 but i messed up after the map thing
Yes, same here, I constantly got 8 band in listening in my three recent IELTS exams, but this time I also think that I might get 7.5 because of the difficulty level. Having said that, reading was quite easy this time and I was able to complete and recheck my answers well in time. So, I think they make at least one module super difficult so that the candidates fail to achieve the required score, and thereby, keeping IELTS business healthy.

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Yes, same here, I constantly got 8 band in listening in my three recent IELTS exams, but this time I also think that I might get 7.5 because of the difficulty level. Having said that, reading was quite easy this time and I was able to complete and recheck my answers well in time. So, I think they make at least one module super difficult so that the candidates fail to achieve the required score, and thereby, keeping IELTS business healthy.
So sad to read the last line

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah it's sad...it was my 4th attempt and i am so frustrated with ielts i am already thinking of not appearing anymore

Reactions: Lord V

S@j

Jul 28, 2019
Yeah it's sad...it was my 4th attempt and i am so frustrated with ielts i am already thinking of not appearing anymore
Well!! Atleast you are in a better position as you are sure about 7.5.. I literally couldn't catch a single question in map..that's how 6marks gone

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Though am nobody to suggest....its my sincere suggestion not to give up. Looks like ielts is the only barrier standing btw a majority of the people and their PR.
I read of someone who took the test for a staggering 13 times

Lord V

Aug 1, 2019
Indeed,the maps have really ruined my listening.my last listening was 8.5.could not even follow the direction.

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
It would be better to start ECA first and then appear for IELTS, as ECA will further take approx 2 months time, for Canada..
Yeah. Thats correct.
But anywys just seeing if i can make the most out of these 2 months until the ECA arrives. Will try to improve my ielts score as much as I can

DrKT

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
My ECA is done already, only road-block is IELTS. Last time appeared on 29th June, hyd, got 8.5 L, R and 7 in speaking with 6.5 in writing..
Hope to go Par this time..
Alas !! Just a 0.5 in writing last time would have sealed the deal for you.
Anyways great to see that you are optimistic about the 27th exam. I am unable to gather courage to stay postive because of the listening

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Thanks for telling. I dint know that the last day for booking is 13th. Are you planning to take the exam from Hyderabad?
No I m not planning to write from Hyderabad, All depends upon the results on 9th August

fperk_83

Nov 1, 2016
Could anyone please suggest some tips and tricks to deal with maps
Practice is the only key..I use this trick, first check if any direction is given in the MAP, then i check the starting point, i dont read the questions at all and just keep jotting ALL the places as discussed in the map while listening and then at the time while noting it in the answer sheet i match it with questions..
i have used this trick only, but in the exam i missed the starting point only as my concentration was on previous question of section , i have answer but not sure if it is correct