+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

26 July, 2013; Refusal on Mar 2, 2014

Harmandeep

Mar 6, 2014
My lawyer told me to get a reconsideration letter from employer. I have already talked to my employer and he is giving me that letter soon. I hope this letter will convince VO that I was actually qualified for this job. This would be my next step now. I hope it will bring some good news otherwise I have to reapply somewhere else.
I am still hoping for the best.

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Harmandeep said:
Yes, It was my first job as a supervisor but, I was already working part time for the same restaurant and I was just promoted to Supervisor position after my graduation. I did everything as per CEC requirement and I really did this job with honestly. It is very disheartening to get such a response after all the hard work I did.

Should I send reconsideration letter now to convince them that I am actually qualified for this job?
Did you mention in letter that you worked part-time in same restaurant while studying? How long have you worked part-time in that restaurant?

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
My understanding of the VOs letter is that it's not that you are not qualified for your job, but that the NOC that was used require years of experience which he apparently did not see (or misjudged) in the documents. His use of the term "usually" was the critical factor. A more compassionate VO might have given you the benefit of the doubt.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Yes, I have a same question did u mention that you worked as part time before...
for new applicants , under new rules, they will asked for explanation from you before sending you rejection letter..

And when i was at school, I was part time supervisor in INDIAN restaurant. NO one with MBA will do this job its a bad decision on VO part...
sorry about it

UNDER WHAT NOC YOU APPLIED

sheena231

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20-2013
AOR Received.
Oct 22-2013
Med's Request
Mar 24-2014
Med's Done....
Mar 31-2014
Passport Req..
Apr 9-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-11-2014
LANDED..........
Apr-20-2014
But i really dont understand...how come this education point is raised by VO...

Like as such there is no criteria that job shd be in the related field of education...

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
gladaki said:
Yes, I have a same question did u mention that you worked as part time before...
for new applicants , under new rules, they will asked for explanation from you before sending you rejection letter..

And when i was at school, I was part time supervisor in INDIAN restaurant. NO one with MBA will do this job its a bad decision on VO part...
sorry about it
I also filed under Supervisor. I worked voluntary part-time as something for like 8-9 months and then I was hired full-time after completing my studies and got promoted to Junior position (probation) and after 2 months I was promoted to Supervisor. Its like a story but I got it all mentioned in my Reference letter.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
sheena231 said:

Like as such there is no criteria that job shd be in the related field of education...
Like VO officer said this supervisory position requires several years of experience in the same field or diploma in same field. Unfortunately neither he has any experience nor his course of study in that light. However, VO should not directly refused the application they should ask for any supporting docs first.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
I agree with alijumani.
I don't think the VO was questioning the education. What he's saying is that "you just graduated and you became a supervisor after 3 months"?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
sheena231 said:

He thought that exp is fake becoz it require some exp before

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
alijumani said:
Like VO officer said this supervisory position requires several years of experience in the same field or diploma in same field. Unfortunately neither he has any experience nor his course of study in that light. However, VO should not refuse directly refused the application they should ask for any supporting docs first.
Ok I got it what you mean to say. He first of all didn't have education related to the field he is working (i.e. he studied business and got appointed as food supervisor position which I think is not related). So that means he got rejected because he didnt have nor practical knowledge or theoretical knowledge of Food Supervisor. VO specifically mentioned about his education as well. Correct me if I am wrong.

Felix14

Star Member
Nov 7, 2013
I just want to ask this guys, in cec application
Do we need to send our education(college diploma),
Apprenticeship certificates, trades certificates?

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Felix14 said:
no unless they asked for it..

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
Felix14 said:
I sent it because I worked on OCWP and my diploma certificate had my Graduation date (my last day in college). Otherwise I don't think it will have impact on you CEC application.

sheena231

Star Member
Mar 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 20-2013
AOR Received.
Oct 22-2013
Med's Request
Mar 24-2014
Med's Done....
Mar 31-2014
Passport Req..
Apr 9-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-11-2014
LANDED..........
Apr-20-2014
No as such theres no reqiurement of educational docs...

Coz criteria is minimum 1 year skilled job n language...

Like many ppl come on work visa n not on study tooo...so they apply on that behalf...but as such no need to send educational dox...but yes we can file up as supporting docs...or to show that v hv local education too

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
sheena231 said:
No as such theres no reqiurement of educational docs...

Coz criteria is minimum 1 year skilled job n language...

Like many ppl come on work visa n not on study tooo...so they apply on that behalf...but as such no need to send educational dox...but yes we can file up as supporting docs...or to show that v hv local education too
You already have all of you local education info. in schedule 8. So, don't send unnecessary documents with you file. I don't thinks its wise thing to do.