+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

24th draw on 29th December won't surprise me .

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
number411 said:
440 was an example taken to explain the logic. Obviously, it will take more time to hit 430 than 440, and still more for 420. Since the OP spoke about "coming months", I took 440. In the below posts, I've used 430 and even 400, as examples, if that will make you happy! :D

In this post here, I've mentioned how many people are at each point, taking examples of 440, 430 etc. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cic-19th-draw-how-many-450-and-above-still-waiting-t360753.0.html;msg4697291#msg4697291

In this post here, I've said it won't come below 400 for a long long time: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-crs-is-380-any-chance-for-me-t380338.0.html;msg4774526#msg4774526

Further analysis here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/19th-draw-what-could-be-the-lowest-score-t354583.0.html;msg4676468#msg4676468

If CIC says scores will come down, then it will. Can you please give me a link where they said that?

Here is the link
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Here is the link
http://www.cicnews.com/2015/11/important-updates-express-entry-selection-system-canadian-immigration-116607.html
thank you. +1 for you. I read the article and yes, the scores will come down according to CIC. All the best to everyone! :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Here is the link
It is a 3rd party site not CIC's official report. The scores have to fall as the backlog clears off so there is no breaking news on that front. The question is how much it will fall. And number411 got it right - there are enough candidates waiting with a score of 440-450 to keep the draw cutoff high enough in early to mid 2016. Draw cutoff is unlikely to ever fall below 430 or thereabouts.

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Query regarding proof of funds.

i am about to submit my application for Ontario PNP. I have 2 FD's issued in July and one in October, do I need to submit any letter of explanation that these were given to me by my husband?

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
It is a 3rd party site not CIC's official report. The scores have to fall as the backlog clears off so there is no breaking news on that front. The question is how much it will fall. And number411 got it right - there are enough candidates waiting with a score of 440-450 to keep the draw cutoff high enough in early to mid 2016. Draw cutoff is unlikely to ever fall below 430 or thereabouts.
Well for a moment Asivad, I wondered if I had made a mistake by accepting SINP nomination at 446. If scores are going to fall to 446 in the next 3 months, then I would have waited.

Yeah, a bird in hand is better of course, but the liberty to shift provinces look attractive too, for a PN guy. :)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:
Well for a moment Asivad, I wondered if I had made a mistake by accepting SINP nomination at 446. If scores are going to fall to 446 in the next 3 months, then I would have waited.

Yeah, a bird in hand is better of course, but the liberty to shift provinces look attractive too, for a PN guy. :)
The Canadian constitution protects your mobility rights. Even as a PN, you are free to relocate and work anywhere in Canada after you 'land' and activate your PR status. There could be moral arguments to stay back and strive to make a living in the province that nominated you and helped you become a PR but there are no legal hurdles in moving to another province after getting your PR status.

saravsingh1

Oct 15, 2014
India
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
How long will it take to reflect the updated score after adding new IELTS score?

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
The Canadian constitution protects your mobility rights. Even as a PN, you are free to relocate and work anywhere in Canada after you 'land' and activate your PR status. There could be moral arguments to stay back and strive to make a living in the province that nominated you and helped you become a PR but there are no legal hurdles in moving to another province after getting your PR status.
Yes, I know this, thank you however.

Its better to be safe than sorry later. So I guess it makes sense to do a genuine effort at settling down in the same province that nominated, and thereby avoid worries that might cause High BP till citizenship, which takes a long enough time for the BP to kill the PNP PR guy. :eek:

I'm still learning about SK, and just saw that Saskatoon and Regina are the 3rd and 4th highest population growth areas last year in Canada, Calgary and Edmonton being the first two. Ref: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/91-214-x/2015000/section01-eng.htm

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
number411 said:
Yes, I know this, thank you however.

Its better to be safe than sorry later. So I guess it makes sense to do a genuine effort at settling down in the same province that nominated, and thereby avoid worries that might cause High BP till citizenship, which takes a long enough time for the BP to kill the PNP PR guy. :eek:

I'm still learning about SK, and just saw that Saskatoon and Regina are the 3rd and 4th highest population growth areas last year in Canada, Calgary and Edmonton being the first two. Ref: http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/91-214-x/2015000/section01-eng.htm
I've actually been doing some research as well, and SK might not be so horrible after all. I think I will definitely give it a geniune shot at settling there.
Obviously if it doesn't work out soon enough..that's a different story :)

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One_Topsy said:
I've actually been doing some research as well, and SK might not be so horrible after all. I think I will definitely give it a geniune shot at settling there.
Obviously if it doesn't work out soon enough..that's a different story :)
So will you also take a flight via London -> Calgary -> Saskatoon? I know its too early to discuss flights but I hate paying last minute big bucks and long flights make me uneasy so I try to pick good stopovers and a short last leg. Compared to Toronto or Vancouver, a Calgary SK flight is just about 1 hour.

cjs

Nov 13, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
may be over 6 months scores ll come down to 425 because let's not forget the fact that lot of people between 400 and 450 are getting nominations also. and if backlog is really cleared that means number of candidates being picked up by ee will be doubled. my perception is that it should touch 425 430 in next 6 8 months

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
number411 said:
So will you also take a flight via London -> Calgary -> Saskatoon? I know its too early to discuss flights but I hate paying last minute big bucks and long flights make me uneasy so I try to pick good stopovers and a short last leg. Compared to Toronto or Vancouver, a Calgary SK flight is just about 1 hour.
Good question. The London -> Toronto flight is shorter than the London -> Calgary, so i think the total journey time to SK is about the same. I will definitely be going with the cheaper option as it's me and spouse. I have also been keeping an eye on tickets but you can't really do anything until you get PPR :(
Again, if my friend in Toronto is around, I might just do my landing there and stay a couple of days.

mahfuzul80

Apr 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
13-01-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
14-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
29-01-2016 (Passed)
Asivad Anac said:
Hi Asivad,

How long it will take to get PR status?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
mahfuzul80 said:
Hi Asivad,

How long it will take to get PR status?
Once you get PR visa and you cross the border, you are PR.