+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

22 year old with wife and child looking to emigrate to BC

Theprestige94

Sep 2, 2016
Good evening,

I've had a previous post that didn't have any replies so I am hoping that this one may hold the key for us emigrating.

I'm 22 year old with 3 years policing service in the UK, I am aware that Canadian forces do not hire unless you have PR. So I looked at my options for express entry and thought that was my way in. Instead I am sitting with 410 points including my wives qualifications.

I have made contact with several security firms in and around vancouver to see if they hire UK citizens without PR needed.

I am seeking advice on how I'd get a valid job offer to complete express entry or if there was a suitable alternative to it. Funding and accommodation is not an issue as my father has PR status and is staying over in vancouver.

If anyone can put me in contact or has advice then it would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at emigrating for the past year and the only other alternative is the IEC program but I'm unsure about that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's generally very difficult to obtain a job offer as a foreign worker since the employer has to go through the long and expensive LMIA process. This process also requires them to prove that no Canadian could be found for the role. Having said that, you can certainly try. There are no jobs on this forum. You would have to search for jobs on reputable sites such as indeed, monster, linkedin, etc.

The IEC visa would allow you to live and work in Canada temporarily. The downside is that there are very few available and they are snapped up quickly each year. These visas also don't immediately allow you to take your spouse or family with you.

Are your language test results as high as they could be to ensure you have maximum points?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
You should check PNP programs of Saskatchewan, PEI, Nova Scotia etc.

These are relatively less major provinces which have been opening up PNP programs for people with decent scores who are not yet in Canada though they open up on a given date and would only accept like first 500 applications.

Also i know that Ontario was accepting PNPs based upon EE score of 400 or higher though i suspect being present already in Ontario was a requirement too, no harm in checking that out.

If you get nomination, that would add 600 to your score and an ITA in the next draw.

Of course this assumes that the provinces include your NOC in the PNP program. But NOCs kept changing among draws depending upon provincial needs.

Theprestige94

Sep 2, 2016
I've considered these carefully but not sure if I can leave my wife on a daily basis in a foreign country without the support of my family.

Does anyone have any other options for British Columbia I have appoached many companies for a job offer in writing for the BC PNP but none would do it whilst I'm in the UK.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I would forget about any route that requires a job offer. They are honestly next to impossible to obtain.

You should look to see what you can do to increase your point. Have you maxed out your language test scores? (If not, retake the test.) Has your wife completed the test and achieved the required score? Have both of you had your education assessed?

You need to hit around 430 to have a decent change of being selected through FSW/Express Entry.