+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

210,930 Citizenship Grant Applications PENDING - including 42,000 awaiting citizenship ceremony and 87,000 awaiting citizenship test (as of May 2020)

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monthly Comparison: New Citizens this year vs last year.

Mon = 2019 | 2020
------------------------
Jan = 22540 | 24788
Feb = 18774 | 26720
Mar = 22158 | 9438
Apr = 18930 | 2
May = 24502 | 53
------------------------
Tot = 106,904 | 61,001

2.5 months effectively lost plus counting and 46K applications shortfall from last year in 5 months.
What's the source for these numbers?

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
The more I read about horror stories caused by the complete paralysis and incompetency of IRCC, the more I wonder how much changes are needed to reform this institution. I think the only hope is that people actively push for reforms. This recent crisis just exposed how much the system is biased against immigrants. There was always some kind of institutional/systematic discrimination against immigrants and an attitude that can be described that immigrants are lucky to be here and they should shut up and do not question the system. I hope more immigrants who become citizens remember this suffering with IRCC and push for reforms.
I agree. The system is broken, and we can call for reforming now even before becoming citizens. Our wasted time is not for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: amrelroby

Flandernss

Mar 5, 2019
Have you noticed one of the bullet points in the document is missing text?

Was it censured during the ATIP (I think it can happen when it requires internal consultations, etc.) or maybe even by Rebell News itself?

xichanmontreal

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
According to this article from radio canada (the francophone section of CBC), the federal administrations are starting to develop work recovery plans.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/1721172/retour-bureau-teletravail-fonctionnaires-federaux-ottawa-plans

Here is what is said about IRCC : (Translated from French)

• Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada : des pilotes de réintégration progressive ont débuté; d'autres suivront en août.

Translation :

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: gradual reintegration pilots have started; others will follow in August.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
The cancellations happened less than a week before my test was scheduled to happen. I was soooo close.

I am not very optimistic about tests moving online quickly, so now I'm wondering if I'll have to go through the process of renewing my PR card because it will expire next year. It's a whole new process to go through, which lots of documents and official translations and... I'm depressed now.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The cancellations happened less than a week before my test was scheduled to happen. I was soooo close.

I am not very optimistic about tests moving online quickly, so now I'm wondering if I'll have to go through the process of renewing my PR card because it will expire next year. It's a whole new process to go through, which lots of documents and official translations and... I'm depressed now.
We all are in this together... Most people are thinking to renew their PR... Almost $100 additional expense.

Jul 13, 2020
Hello everybody,

Finally - got a call for my virtual citizenship ceremony!

Some details as follows:-

Passed my Test on 4th Feb at IRCC Scarborough

No Oath invite after that. ECAS status ‘In process’

Feb to April 2020 - Follow-up calls to IRCC in last week of Feb & last first week of April week. Was informed that my application is complete and given standard response to wait. ECAS status ‘In process’

May to June 2020 - Follow-up via web-form in 3rd week of May and 3rd week of June - Got standard responses. ECAS status ‘In process’

July 14 - decided to and wrote to the govt officials. My email was to seek clarifications as to why specific professions are deemed as ‘essential’. I presented my rationale that all industries & countries are inter-dependent and that one industry/country cannot survive on it’s own. I requested that I would like to speak to the department to discuss the points in my email . I did input my application details and that I was stuck for ‘awaiting update for citizenship ceremony’.

No replies to my email.

July 22 - received call for virtual oath ceremony on 27th July. The caller told me specific details of my application which assured me that the call was genuine. Awaiting email now, which I was told I will get within 24 hours. Got call starting with 647-xxx-xxxx (may have been IRCC Scarborough). I did ask the caller if he was aware of the email which I had sent. But the caller said that he was from the scheduling department and was not aware of my email.

Hallelujah, my PR phase will be over on July 27th.

Have had many discussions on this thread with various members and thank everyone for their inputs.

Wish everyone a speedy progress from PR to Citizenship Grant.

Signing off from this thread.

All the best!

Reactions: hudson34

bwrani

Star Member
Jul 14, 2020
Hello everybody,

Feb to April 2020 - Follow-up calls to IRCC in last week of Feb & last first week of April week. Was informed that my application is complete and given standard response to wait. ECAS status ‘In process’

May to June 2020 - Follow-up via web-form in 3rd week of May and 3rd week of June - Got standard responses. ECAS status ‘In process’

July 14 - decided to and wrote to the govt officials. My email was to seek clarifications as to why specific professions are deemed as ‘essential’. I presented my rationale that all industries & countries are inter-dependent and that one industry/country cannot survive on it’s own. I requested that I would like to speak to the department to discuss the points in my email . I did input my application details and that I was stuck for ‘awaiting update for citizenship ceremony’.

No replies to my email.

July 22 - received call for virtual oath ceremony on 27th July. The caller told me specific details of my application which assured me that the call was genuine. Awaiting email now, which I was told I will get within 24 hours. Got call starting with 647-xxx-xxxx (may have been IRCC Scarborough). I did ask the caller if he was aware of the email which I had sent. But the caller said that he was from the scheduling department and was not aware of my email.

Have had many discussions on this thread with various members and thank everyone for their inputs.

All the best!
[/QUOTE
Hi
What is your application timeline. I mean when did you send your application.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hello everybody,

No replies to my email.

All the best!
Congrats on oath.

I suggest reading what is essential services (police, hospitals, fire department). May be read why they are essential? Every job is important, but not essential.