+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

21 month plus, and waiting

mmz19

Sep 9, 2019
Hi there,

I'm hoping that I will get an answer for my case.

I have applied for my citizenship grant in December 2017. I did my interview exam in April of 2018. I have not yet received any letter or change of status from "In process" to anything since April of 2018. I have contacted the call center a few times, but I wasn't able to get any information other than " your application is still in process. so, if you do the math, I've been waiting around 21 months now?

In addition to that, My PR card has been expired. I have applied to get my PR card renewed as well, but no word yet and that has been over 2 months.

Now, I've been reading on different topics on this forum and I'm hoping to see what sort of options I may have to take to get an answer.

Maybe talk to a lawyer? MP?

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi there,

I have applied for my citizenship grant in December 2017. I did my interview exam in April of 2018. I have not yet received any letter or change of status from "In process" to anything since April of 2018. I have contacted the call center a few times, but I wasn't able to get any information other than " your application is still in process. so, if you do the math, I've been waiting around 21 months now?

In addition to that, My PR card has been expired. I have applied to get my PR card renewed as well, but no word yet and that has been over 2 months.

Now, I've been reading on different topics on this forum and I'm hoping to see what sort of options I may have to take to get an answer.

Thanks
Wow . PR renewal processing time is only 20 days for the moment . You should request atips and contact MP office too. I just did both this morning . My citizenship exam was in Feb 2019 and I received RQ lite CIT0520 and the final notice for missing documents CIT0519, also received FP request which I submitted all of them.

I renewed my PR card and they received my package last week. I also included all supporting documents such as school , work papers, etc .

You should get GCMS notes . And contact MP

mmz19

Sep 9, 2019
Wow . PR renewal processing time is only 20 days for the moment . You should request atips and contact MP office too. I just did both this morning . My citizenship exam was in Feb 2019 and I received RQ lite CIT0520 and the final notice for missing documents CIT0519, also received FP request which I submitted all of them.

I renewed my PR card and they received my package last week. I also included all supporting documents such as school , work papers, etc .

You should get GCMS notes . And contact MP

Thanks for your reply. yes, I would do the following. Now what are the differences between GCMS & ATIP notes. ? which one do I need to do first?

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi there,

Thanks
One thing I learned today is that whenever we call the call Center, most of the times, there is no record of it at all and therefore the local office might not even know how many times the applicant calls for his/her application.

I’m saying this because I called the call Center on August 14. They had no record of it. I sent a web form on August 22. Between August 22 and today Sep 09, I called the call Center 3 more times . Guess what ? The call Center agent today told me that the last time I contacted them was on August 22 via web form. According to the agent, there was no record of me contacting them at all after Aug 22 although I called 3 times between August 22 and Sep 09.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Hi there,

Thanks
If your PR is taking that long, most likely because of a pending security check on your citizenship. In this case, any other application is also paused. This happened to me when I was waiting for my PR while trying to renew my work permit. You could contact MP, that's your best route. GCMS AtiP notes is practically useless, they don't initiate anything at their end. Start talking to your MP and see what they say.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Hi there,

Thanks

Did you not get the AOR for PR renewal ? I got AOR within a week and next day it was decision made , and ECAS said “complete” and that the card was sent the following day. They received application on Sep 3, Today Sep 17, I received the card. Exactly 2 weeks for PR renewal.

You should call them for AOR on PR renewal . If not, your application might’ve been lost. Believe me, some applications and mails do get lost. It shouldn’t take more than 2 months.

Last edited:

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Damn with CSIS, CBSA and IRCC. 21+ Months and still no test invite.

As per ATIP in July 2019:

1) Application is "On-Hold". Reason: Suspended - clearances
2) CSIS sent a letter saying my file is still in progress.
3) Criminality Clearance: Passed
4) File transferred to: Case Review

I did everything humanely possible. Nothing worked. My lawyer sent a Demand Letter to process my application by Dec 16. If there is no reply, we will be filing Mandamus application in FC.

They don't care about 20% of us who are delayed.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014

I did everything humanely possible. Nothing worked. My lawyer sent a Demand Letter to process my application by Dec 16. If there is no reply, we will be filing Mandamus application in FC.

At 24 months myself without a test invite, I completely sympathize with you.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019

sorry to hear, but how did you see on ATIPs that your application is on hold due to security clearance etc ?

Isn’t the security info supposed to be blank? others who received ATIPs said so too.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Did your lawyer file mandamus already? I’ve been wanting to ask you. Did your MP follow up frequently?

It looks like in Montreal, for some of us ,whose MPs follow up regularly, get their cases move quickly. Not sure if you live in a liberal riding .

Good luck and keep us posted.

sarafandee

Nov 18, 2014
Did your lawyer file mandamus already? I’ve been wanting to ask you. Did your MP follow up frequently?

It looks like in Montreal, for some of us ,whose MPs follow up regularly, get their cases move quickly. Not sure if you live in a liberal riding .

Good luck and keep us posted.
I follow up with my MP all the time, nothing useful there. I am filing Mandamus in the next two weeks.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
I follow up with my MP all the time, nothing useful there. I am filing Mandamus in the next two weeks.
Same here. I have already sent the Demand Letter in to process my application by Dec 16. Otherwise, we will be filing the Mandamus application with FC hopefully in first week of January.

Keep us posted.

Kambiz2002

Star Member
Jan 11, 2019
Hi, I am also considering the mandamus option. Can some of you introduce a good lawyer? I know someone already but I am not sure how experienced he is with Mandamus route. I got an advice that only those who specialize in this filed should be trusted with sending such an application (for mandamus). Thanks!

Reactions: Fallen_Warrior