+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

205 C 2 open work permit refused. REASON PULLED OUT AFTER MP INQUIRY

gagandeep94000

Dec 5, 2018
Hey all. I am an international student and I applied for my wife’s open work permit and got refusal under 205 C 2. My marriage is 5 years old and i never thought visa can be denied. One person told me to apply for inquiry from nearest MP and they pulled out important reason of refusal in three day. I never knew that this can be reason of refusal.

I applied with all proper documentations. Except enrolment I thought to provide transcript also. I was in 4th month of my program when i applied and i was having only one transcript at that time. I’m in Montreal and here exams are on monthly basis. Here is the email i got from MP office

Dear Mr. Singh,

I hope that all is well.

I spoke with the IRCC this morning and confirmed that an important issue in your wife’s application is related to your transcript. The IRCC has a transcript that you have completed one course since you have started your studies in Canada. A typical full-time course load is 4 courses. Given that the record indicates your course load is below full-time, it impacts your wife’s application because it raises the issue as to why she would need to work in Canada.

Please note that the above is an important issue and that if you become a full-time student and submit the transcript, it does not automatically guarantee that your wife would be granted a work permit. The agent evaluates the full application.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

When i got this email i felt that me and my lawyer both are fool because i was about to apply with the same circumstances without knowing the reason. Lawyer was saying me that now we will provide more marriage proofs etc etc. She said this section is inappropriate because this related to Labour Market and nothing to do with OWP.

Now i need advise from you all. I have completed 5 exams..i got passing marks in 4 and failing in 1 (retake done). I’m afraid that my low grades can be negative symptoms. Will it impact on application or no ? Kindly help me out please.

Also college is not telling any timeframe to correct the exam of retake instead they gave me letter stating that i have done retake and grades will change accordingly.

Can i apply with these documents or i need to wait for result. Still, MARKS WILL BE SAME ON ALL SUBJECTS THAT ARE PASSING MARKS ONLY

Last edited:
Reactions: preetgill12

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It appears that she was denied because IRCC felt that you weren't a full-time student. Are you a full-time student? What's your course load?

In addition, getting a work permit for a spouse on a student permit isn't guaranteed.

Reactions: gagandeep94000

gagandeep94000

Dec 5, 2018
It appears that she was denied because IRCC felt that you weren't a full-time student. Are you a full-time student? What's your course load?

In addition, getting a work permit for a spouse on a student permit isn't guaranteed.
Thank you for your response. Yes I’m a full time student. I have already mentioned that I provided only one transcript to IRCC in 3-4 months that caused this all. Now i have all transcripts but grades are lower. Is this okay ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Thank you for your response. Yes I’m a full time student. I have already mentioned that I provided only one transcript to IRCC in 3-4 months that caused this all. Now i have all transcripts but grades are lower. Is this okay ?
The grades don't have a direct impact per se. The application will be evaluated in its entirety. If the officer feels that your low grades are due to you not being a bonafide student, it can cause an issue. It's impossible to say for sure, but there's definitely no bar to applying with low grades

princesahib1=

Aug 16, 2019
my situation is the same as yours. I got refusal of my husband's visa after 1 month. ircc gave me 2 reasons. 1) 205(c) 2 and 200 (1). but I am not satisfied with these reasons, as I provided proof of full-time student.
if somebody can help.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
my situation is the same as yours. I got refusal of my husband's visa after 1 month. ircc gave me 2 reasons. 1) 205(c) 2 and 200 (1). but I am not satisfied with these reasons, as I provided proof of full-time student.
if somebody can help.
You need to provide a lot more detail if you want help. Describe your situation fully so that we can understand what happened.

Also, include the full text of the refusal letter.

princesahib1=

Aug 16, 2019
You need to provide a lot more detail if you want help. Describe your situation fully so that we can understand what happened.

Also, include the full text of the refusal letter.
• You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
these 2 two reasons, that i just copied from refusal letter.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
• You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
these 2 two reasons, that i just copied from refusal letter.
Yes, but what about your profile? IRCC has told you why they aren't giving you a visa, especially the bit about not leaving Canada.Are you a student? Where? What course? What was the purpose of your visit? Under what basis did you apply for a SOWP?

Without this information, it's impossible to help you.

UnitedweStand

Aug 4, 2018
India
Category........
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
Can you pleas guide me how to approach local MP ? do we email them or visit office . What detail we need to provide them .

Mansum418

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Yes, but what about your profile? IRCC has told you why they aren't giving you a visa, especially the bit about not leaving Canada.Are you a student? Where? What course? What was the purpose of your visit? Under what basis did you apply for a SOWP?

Without this information, it's impossible to help you.
Greetings
I have got rejection for my SWOP on 19 sep 2019 and there are plenty of reasons what my friends have told me behind it ,frst of all I hired a lawyer based in Brampton and she applied for my visa from there only but what I have observed she didn't uploaded too many decouments of my wife while submitting my file
She didn't uploaded my wife college enrollment letter
She didn't uploaded any engagement marriage pics picsand ormy Thailand pics with my wife of me n my wife
I provided joint bank account but she didn't uploaded tht too
She didn't asked me to show money in my account to make immigration sure that I can take care of my self financially in Canada

What she had uploaded was only my wife visa copy and marriage certificate on behalf of my wife

Could it be a reason for rejection under section 205 C (ii)

PreetKhabra10

Oct 31, 2019
Hey all. I am an international student and I applied for my wife’s open work permit and got refusal under 205 C 2. My marriage is 5 years old and i never thought visa can be denied. One person told me to apply for inquiry from nearest MP and they pulled out important reason of refusal in three day. I never knew that this can be reason of refusal.

I applied with all proper documentations. Except enrolment I thought to provide transcript also. I was in 4th month of my program when i applied and i was having only one transcript at that time. I’m in Montreal and here exams are on monthly basis. Here is the email i got from MP office

Dear Mr. Singh,

I hope that all is well.

I spoke with the IRCC this morning and confirmed that an important issue in your wife’s application is related to your transcript. The IRCC has a transcript that you have completed one course since you have started your studies in Canada. A typical full-time course load is 4 courses. Given that the record indicates your course load is below full-time, it impacts your wife’s application because it raises the issue as to why she would need to work in Canada.

Please note that the above is an important issue and that if you become a full-time student and submit the transcript, it does not automatically guarantee that your wife would be granted a work permit. The agent evaluates the full application.

Sincerely,

When i got this email i felt that me and my lawyer both are fool because i was about to apply with the same circumstances without knowing the reason. Lawyer was saying me that now we will provide more marriage proofs etc etc. She said this section is inappropriate because this related to Labour Market and nothing to do with OWP.

Now i need advise from you all. I have completed 5 exams..i got passing marks in 4 and failing in 1 (retake done). I’m afraid that my low grades can be negative symptoms. Will it impact on application or no ? Kindly help me out please.

Also college is not telling any timeframe to correct the exam of retake instead they gave me letter stating that i have done retake and grades will change accordingly.

Can i apply with these documents or i need to wait for result. Still, MARKS WILL BE SAME ON ALL SUBJECTS THAT ARE PASSING MARKS ONLY

Swati singh

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019

Dear Mr. Singh,

I hope that all is well.

Sincerely,

But this section is for questioning genuine of the marriage i guess? Even i got the refusal on the same background

PreetKhabra10

Oct 31, 2019
But this section is for questioning genuine of the marriage i guess? Even i got the refusal on the same background[/QUOTE
This is section under 205 c 2 and there can be lots of reason under this section . Your reason is applicable because if you are student and want to apply for ur wife then your load of the courses in one semester should be atleast 4 and your GPA should be above 2. This issue can be solved with the help of lawyer rather than consultant . So take a advice from good lawyer .