+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2023 PR Applications Timeline (Protected Persons & Refugees)

Faizulpalash

Dec 11, 2023
My wife is a the primary applicant , we both living inside Canada. she successfully linked her application in Gckey account. I’m the dependent applicant and I can see my status through Ecas but I can’t link my profile in Gckey account. Any idea how I can link my profile into Gckey account ? I did not received any AOR but my wife she got it. In Ecas status says they received my application 07 June 2023 and start processing my application 17 November 2023.

Waiting for the valuable response.

Saralynn97

Mar 7, 2018
I applied for PR as protected person end of September 2023 I haven’t received an AOR yet but I realized I didn’t electronically sign the Schedule 14 form. Cause I thought the electronically signature at the end of the application on the portal count as a signature. Should I worry? Should I do it and send it through webform? Is this a reason for a return or the agent may just ask for it later? Have anyone be in my position?

spadda

Dec 8, 2023
I applied my open work permit before AOR. After getting AOR I send it through web form. Currently, my application is linked online .
Thank You so much, have you applied by yourself, if yes what option you opted when you checked eligibility? Do I need to select first option or Second .. I am confused here ?
Find out if you're eligible to apply

Does one of the following apply to you?

• I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
  • I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
  • I am in primary or secondary school, or a visiting or exchange student, in Canada with visitor status.
  • I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.
  • I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
  • I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
    • Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada
    • Humanitarian and Compassionate cases
    • Protected Persons in Canada
    • Live-in Caregiver in Canada
(required)
Please make a selection YesNo
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent childof a person who:
  • Holds a work permit or is applying for a work permit
  • (only spouses or common-law partners) holds a study permit and is a full-time student in a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) eligible program of study at a PGWP eligible designated learning institution?;
  • holds a temporary resident permit that is valid for 6 months or more;
  • applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval); or
  • is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable
(required) Help - Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:

• a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreement
  • a military personnel assigned to Canada
  • a participant in professional sports activities or events
  • an employee of a foreign news company
  • a religious worker
I

Last edited:

spadda

Dec 8, 2023
If you have consultant and you believed them, why you ask here? You wasted your and our time. Right? If you dont trust people here who shares their own experiences, then you dont need to ask. :)
I have doubt on consultant that why asking people who are in same boat and experienced everything personally. I even tried to apply by myself but stuck on eligibility check.
:(

jinglebell0123

Jun 4, 2021
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
Other
My wife is a the primary applicant , we both living inside Canada. she successfully linked her application in Gckey account. I’m the dependent applicant and I can see my status through Ecas but I can’t link my profile in Gckey account. Any idea how I can link my profile into Gckey account ? I did not received any AOR but my wife she got it. In Ecas status says they received my application 07 June 2023 and start processing my application 17 November 2023.

Waiting for the valuable response.
I believe only main applicant can link the application to GCKey account, since it is basically considered one application. I have the same situation as well, only I'm able to link the application, not my wife. She can't even get to see anything on Ecas.

Reactions: Faizulpalash

Faizulpalash

Dec 11, 2023
Thank You so much, have you applied by yourself, if yes what option you opted when you checked eligibility ?

• I applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; or
  • I am in primary or secondary school, or a visiting or exchange student, in Canada with visitor status.
  • I am applying for an open work permit under an active public policy or pilot program announced by IRCC.
  • I am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; or
  • I applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:
(required)
  • (only spouses or common-law partners) holds a study permit and is a full-time student in a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) eligible program of study at a PGWP eligible designated learning institution?;
  • applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval); or
(required) Help - Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:

• a religious worker
Thank You so much, have you applied by yourself, if yes what option you opted when you checked eligibility ?

(required)

• a religious worker
I believe only main applicant can link the application to GCKey account, since it is basically considered one application. I have the same situation as well, only I'm able to link the application, not my wife. She can't even get to see anything on Ecas.
you right !! Thank you so much for the reply.

Reactions: jinglebell0123

altdiem

Jul 26, 2023
Source:
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-207.html

Applicants in Canada

A work permit may be issued under section 200 to a foreign national in Canada who
  • (a) [Repealed, SOR/2017-78, s. 9]
  • (b) is a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class set out in Division 2 of Part 7;
  • (c) is a protected person within the meaning of subsection 95(2) of the Act;
  • (d) has applied to become a permanent resident and the Minister has granted them an exemption under subsection 25(1), 25.1(1) or 25.2(1) of the Act; or
  • (e) is a family member of a person described in any of paragraphs (a) to (d).

Reactions: spadda

himankkohli6

Jun 2, 2023
Can we work on applied status for open work permit as dependent of protected person
I have a question can overseas dependents of protected person who applied for pr can they apply for open work permit once they come to canada on any type of visa like visit or study ?