+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2022 - Reconsideration Requests

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Anyone whose reconsideration request was approved and received PPR. Kindly mention your case.

I applied on 24 April, Received an email on 28 April that they will review my application within 30 days.

Thank you

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Very low chances of decision reversal on reconsideration request. Don't hold your breathe, make your next move. That's a standard reply they send as per their procedure.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Very low chances of decision reversal on reconsideration request. Don't hold your breathe, make your next move. That's a standard reply they send as per their procedure.
I have fully funded a master's scholarship of $30,000 CAD / Year and still, they have refused my visa. It was my second master's although. I also attached bank statement of $14000 CAD along with gift deed of property and letter of support from brother.

My GCMS Notes, Chinook 3+ was also used.

"Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied there are funds available to pay this year's costs and also have a reasonable prospect of paying the following years' costs of studying in Canada.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
-the client is single, mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client has previous studies at the same academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.

Based on the review of the applicant's immigration history, I am not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 216(1)(b) of the IRPR.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I have fully funded a master's scholarship of $30,000 CAD / Year and still, they have refused my visa. It was my second master's although. I also attached bank statement of $14000 CAD along with gift deed of property and letter of support from brother.

My GCMS Notes, Chinook 3+ was also used.

"Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available. I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.

I am not satisfied there are funds available to pay this year's costs and also have a reasonable prospect of paying the following years' costs of studying in Canada.

I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
-the client is single, mobile, is not well established and has no dependents

The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client has previous studies at the same academic level than the proposed studies in Canada.

Based on the review of the applicant's immigration history, I am not satisfied that they will leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 216(1)(b) of the IRPR.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application. "
These are cookie-cutter reasons, nothing to do with your case specifically. Reapply under SDS and present scholarship confirmation/letter as proof of funding.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
These are cookie-cutter reasons, nothing to do with your case specifically. Reapply under SDS and present scholarship confirmation/letter as proof of funding.
This time I will reapply with Ph.D. because my supervisor agrees with that. I will go with Non-SDS because Ph.D. applicants can't apply under SDS. I hope this time I will get the study permit.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
This time I will reapply with Ph.D. because my supervisor agrees with that. I will go with Non-SDS because Ph.D. applicants can't apply under SDS. I hope this time I will get the study permit.
You can apply under SDS for a Ph.D. with a scholarship letter/confirmation as your proof of funding. People have done that and got their visas.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
You can apply under SDS for a Ph.D. with a scholarship letter/confirmation as your proof of funding. People have done that and got their visas.
Oh okay, I already have upfront medical, IELTS 7.5 bands (Not less than 6.5), So, I need to get GIC. Can I attach the scholarship letter without paying the first-year fee?

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Oh okay, I already have upfront medical, IELTS 7.5 bands (Not less than 6.5), So, I need to get GIC. Can I attach the scholarship letter without paying the first-year fee?
Yes, definitely. In the worst-case scenario, they will process your application under the non-SDS stream if they feel you don't fulfill the SDS requirement.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Okay... I have a total of $20,000 CAD bank statement, I will use $10,000 for GIC, and the remaining $10,000 statement, I will attach along with the application. is that okay?

Sukhihayer

Oct 15, 2020
Hi,

Anyone whose reconsideration request was approved and received PPR. Kindly mention your case.

I applied on 24 April, Received an email on 28 April that they will review my application within 30 days.

Thank you
Hello Brother could you please share the step by step process how do we lodge reconsideration request