+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

byqc

May 26, 2021
seems your vocabulary is limited, because "backdoor business" is in now way, shape or form limited to profiting monetarily
You have no choice but resort to meaningless reply. Thanks for post which shows in another way that contacting MP is unofficial and applicants should go from the official door by paying the fee which supports extra work on IRCC employees.
I think this post ends the baseless claim from the other side.

Last edited:

monroviana

Sep 2, 2018
Oh that's not good. When setting up the TR to PR pathway acct, I received 2 emails from IRCC in my inbox, but after paying and submitting - none!
Anyways , I was hoping you could advice me on the very precarious situation I am in right now, please. You've been very helpful thus far and I truly appreciate it.
Below is what I am in a dilemma about right now:

'To recap: I applied for my PR under this pathway in October - under the essential health care category. While i can see my submission online with submitted payment receipt, I never received any confirmation email. I understand AORs are being received rather late, but i never received even the system generated automated email.
Now my current employer- specific work permit ( as a post doctoral clinical fellow) expires on 31/12/21.

Since i did not have any confirmation email, i applied for a new work permit since i have a new job offer - the problem is , the new job offer is not employer specific and does not have an LMIA exempt number. It is a self contracting research position paid by grant money .
I applied under the 'self -employed' category, but realise now that i am not eligible for such a work permit, and fear now that my application is redundant.

I have received implied status, and an email from IRCC, giving me authorization to continue working in my old job (although i cant since it a 2 year max training position) , while they come to a decision.

I now want to try applying for the open permit based on the premise that I have applied for PR.
I have made a file with the payment receipt and screen shots of the submission page on my TRto PR account, as per your advice. Hoping that will work, along with a personal letter of explanation.

But, I also I need to withdraw my current application, before i can even make a new application, and worry that they will only see my withdrawal request after the holidays. By then , i will be post expiry of my work permit and wont be able to make a new application for open permit? or will i have still have an implied status based on the current work permit application ?
(AND even if i can , without PR confirmation email, its a risk as to whether it will even work.)

When submitting the webform, do i select enquiry priority request as
1. Withdrawal of application , or will it be safer to select 2. Replacement documents, amendments to documents and verification of status documents.

And do I explain that i made a mistake applying by applying under self employed since i have a contracting job offer, and realize now that it makes me ineligible . And that i would hence like to apply for an open work permit asap...

Such a crunch time and so stressful as to what to do. Would appreciate your thoughts on this.

If you had received the registration confirmation email in your inbox, then it's very unlikely that the submission confirmation email went to Spam. You probably never got it in the first place. If it was a spam issue, the registration confirmation email would have gone to Spam to begin with. Your best bet is to do as advised already, which is to just put together any other evidence as you seem to have done.

To be safe, you can withdraw your current WP application and apply for the OWP based on the TR-2-PR before your current WP expires on Dec 31. You will still be on implied status, legally, with that OWP application and you can continue on your current job if possible, but you can't switch to another job.

If you keep your current WP application, you can also still apply for the OWP after your current WP is expired on Dec 31, so far your current WP application has not been concluded, and you will still be in legal status but you may or may not be able to continue working.

I think cancelling your current application now and making another OWP application before Dec 31 is the safer option. Also, you can make another application and leave both applications to run concurrently, no harm done.

All these possibilities are listed on this IRCC policy guide that deals with this subject:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html#sec4

Mariyam Varghese

Jan 29, 2018
Hi guys. Just want to know if anyone is in the same situation. I submitted portal details(in Canada declaration, passport photographs and address) since 10th of December, but am yet to receive Ecopr. That’s a week ago and I see people receive Ecopr like 2 days after so at this point, am wondering what could be causing the delay. It’s just showing - In review with IRCC
i did submit photo and address on dec 14 th no ecopr tilk now .did u receive ecopr ? which vo is its ?

Nasheman

Dec 19, 2021
If you can't upload then send it via webform and upload an explanation letter in the ADR section explaining why you couldn't upload it there.
Or, try to leave the expiry date section empty.
Thank you for your reply
I sent a webform today. Can we upload LOE in ADR section ? Will that be fine ? I am just worried...

monroviana

Sep 2, 2018
You have no choice but resort to meaningless reply. Thanks for post which shows in another way that contacting MP is unofficial and applicants should go from the official door by paying the fee which supports extra work on IRCC employees.
I think this post ends the baseless claim from the other side.

Errm, there is nothing 'unofficial' or 'backdoor' about contacting your MP for immigration assistant. As a matter of fact, on many MP's website there is a dedicated link to contact their constituency office about immigration issues. And before they can intervene on your behalf, you will need to sign an IRCC consent and representative form and there is nothing more official than that. There are so many ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view) going through the MP works extremely well. My spouse's SOWP application was abandoned for almost a year by the IRCC. At that point it had been well over processing time ( which was just 3.5 months then) and I had been writing to IRCC and filling webforms for more than 4 months with no single response. It got to a point where the upfront medical was about to expire and I resolved not to pay for a new one so I desperately reached out to the MP of where I lived. We signed the consent form and the MP's office got involved. The SOWP application was approved within 4 days!

byqc

May 26, 2021
Errm, there is nothing 'unofficial' or 'backdoor' about contacting your MP for immigration assistant. As a matter of fact, on many MP's website there is a dedicated link to contact their constituency office about immigration issues. And before they can intervene on your behalf, you will need to sign an IRCC consent and representative form and there is nothing more official than that. There are so many ways to skin a cat, as the saying goes.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your view) going through the MP works extremely well. My spouse's SOWP application was abandoned for almost a year by the IRCC. At that point it had been well over processing time ( which was just 3.5 months then) and I had been writing to IRCC and filling webforms for more than 4 months with no single response. It got to a point where the upfront medical was about to expire and I resolved not to pay for a new one so I desperately reached out to the MP of where I lived. We signed the consent form and the MP's office got involved. The SOWP application was approved within 4 days!
Don't you see that it was over? Please stop this completed argument.
It is just like humanitarian politicians are willing to help apply for benefit. They are willing to be nice to people in the area. But generally, the municipal office does not show it as an official method for application. Sometimes getting politicians involved may work but it does not mean it is official method.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=444&top=7
>The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use a representative or not.<
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=009&top=4
This does not specifically expect "representative" to be a politician.

So, having a politician will not work, and it will not be an official way you expect.
By the way, Web Form is not the one I mention as an official way to inquire the phase of processing. See other posts in this thread.

Last edited:

agrewal98

Star Member
Nov 13, 2021
Hi guys. Just want to know if anyone is in the same situation. I submitted portal details(in Canada declaration, passport photographs and address) since 10th of December, but am yet to receive Ecopr. That’s a week ago and I see people receive Ecopr like 2 days after so at this point, am wondering what could be causing the delay. It’s just showing - In review with IRCC
It's different for everyone. If someone received their eCOPR in 2 days, doesn't mean that your file is delayed. It's been only 9 days. Hang in there.

Reactions: Abbyakins

monroviana

Sep 2, 2018
Don't you see that it was over? Please stop this completed argument.
It is just like humanitarian politicians are willing to help apply for benefit. They are willing to be nice to people in the area. But generally, the municipal office does not show it as an official method for application. Sometimes getting politicians involved may work but it does not mean it is official method.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=444&top=7
>The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether they use a representative or not.<
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=009&top=4
This does not specifically expect "representative" to be a politician.

So, having a politician will not work, and it will not be an official way you expect.
By the way, Web Form is not the one I mention as an official way to inquire the phase of processing. See other posts in this thread.

Then why exactly are you responding if the 'argument' is ended?

For the umpteenth time, there is no unofficial or backdoor way to inquire about the processing of your application. Every way you reach IRCC is official. Whether you do that by yourself, or you assign a representative such as an MP to inquire about your folder: it is all official regardless of whether it is listed on whichever website you are referring to or not. And stop with your ignorant take on the issue, it is not an 'humanitarian' service by the MP, it is literally part of the definition of their work as a 'representative' of your Federal Riding (which includes whether you are a Canadian, a PR, or a TR). There is absolutely nothing humanitarian about it.

And if you believe that an MP intervening in your application makes ABSOLUTELY no difference, then I have a bridge to sell to you and you can keep on wallowing in your obstinacy. All the best.

• Haha
Reactions: byqc

byqc

May 26, 2021
Then why exactly are you responding if the 'argument' is ended?

For the umpteenth time, there is no unofficial or backdoor way to inquire about the processing of your application. Every way you reach IRCC is official. Whether you do that by yourself, or you assign a representative such as an MP to inquire about your folder: it is all official regardless of whether it is listed on whichever website you are referring to or not. And stop with your ignorant take on the issue, it is not an 'humanitarian' service by the MP, it is literally part of the definition of their work as a 'representative' of your Federal Riding (which includes whether you are a Canadian, a PR, or a TR). There is absolutely nothing humanitarian about it.

And if you believe that an MP intervening in your application makes ABSOLUTELY no difference, then I have a bridge to sell to you and you can keep on wallowing in your obstinacy. All the best.
>Then why exactly are you responding if the 'argument' is ended?
You reopened the closed case and the above should not be words from the one who reopened.

Your opinion is more authentic than governmental ones, you are the rule, then, why can't you obtain what you want immediately LOL
Anyway, if there is a way by which people can get the goal faster than by the way officially disclosed by Gov, it is unofficial backdoor.

Last edited: