+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

MMK2022

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
Just in case. I do not know the rule about "PGWP under public policy" (one-time countermeasure against the pandemic which could be obtained even after getting into another school after expiration of the 1st PGWP, if conditions were satisfied), but generally, PGWP does not allow to study. It says "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Therefore, Study Permit is useless after PGWP, even before expiration date printed on it.
I also hold a PGWP and Study Permit. The IRCC website shows both as valid. To have a study permit I applied again since I want to become a CPA in Canada.

byqc

May 26, 2021
I also hold a PGWP and Study Permit. The IRCC website shows both as valid. To have a study permit I applied again since I want to become a CPA in Canada.
I added info to someone's post which shows Study Permit becomes invalid after graduation. I was not mentioning Study Permit obtained later.

byqc

May 26, 2021
This is still not true. I am not trying to be antagonistic or anything like that, just trying to clarify and get the information out there because I had the same wrong information about concurrent PGWP and Study Permit before I got mine.

What I am discussing here is not a one-time public policy. Apparently, this is how it has always been: that you can hold both a PGWP for a just ended study (say you just finished an Msc) and a study permit for a new study (say you just got admiitrd into a PhD following my Msc) and both are valid concurrently. The only limitation is that you only get PGWP once in a lifetime, so the border officer will ask you twice if you are sure that you don't want to wait for you to finish your PhD before getting the PGWP.

As a matter of fact, the border officer explained the quote above that 'Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.", Unless authorized means that unless you have a Study Permit you can't study while you are on PGWP. So he said that for you to study at the same time while you have a valid PGWP you must apply for a study permit.

Just in case you are wondering if this is a mistake or something, I renewed both my PGWP and Study Permit just last week online. They were previously issued to my passport expiry but I got a new passport and now they expire in 2024.

TL;DR: YOU can have both PGWP and Study Permit at the same time and it's not a one-time public policy. Read the clause you wrote above again slowly from the beginning and you will see why this is correct. "Unless authorized,"
I am not saying that PGWP is one-time policy. Read well. I said that "PGWP under public policy" is one-time policy. I just put aside it because it exists as exception of the immigration rule.
Again, I added info to someone's post which shows Study Permit becomes invalid after graduation. I was not mentioning Study Permit obtained later.

melaninfinest

Dec 3, 2021
This is still not true. I am not trying to be antagonistic or anything like that, just trying to clarify and get the information out there because I had the same wrong information about concurrent PGWP and Study Permit before I got mine.

What I am discussing here is not a one-time public policy. Apparently, this is how it has always been: that you can hold both a PGWP for a just ended study (say you just finished an Msc) and a study permit for a new study (say you just got admiitrd into a PhD following my Msc) and both are valid concurrently. The only limitation is that you only get PGWP once in a lifetime, so the border officer will ask you twice if you are sure that you don't want to wait for you to finish your PhD before getting the PGWP.

As a matter of fact, the border officer explained the quote above that 'Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.", Unless authorized means that unless you have a Study Permit you can't study while you are on PGWP. So he said that for you to study at the same time while you have a valid PGWP you must apply for a study permit.

Just in case you are wondering if this is a mistake or something, I renewed both my PGWP and Study Permit just last week online. They were previously issued to my passport expiry but I got a new passport and now they expire in 2024.

TL;DR: YOU can have both PGWP and Study Permit at the same time and it's not a one-time public policy. Read the clause you wrote above again slowly from the beginning and you will see why this is correct. "Unless authorized,"
Are you allowed to work full time in that case even while taking classes?

Dinesh.mangla

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Once you confirm your address and picture I think it doesn't allow you to change it. From my experience, the button was blocked. I think you should use a web form.
i have not confirmed my photo and address yet. My address is different in application but now i live on different address. Can I put new address in PR portal with photo while my address in application is different?

K-P

Nov 19, 2021
Need help!!!!! Got request for my son passport which appears under my name of things to upload and not in his section. I uploaded the passport but then it’s saying uploaded - not submitted to IRCC. How will this be submitted?

VasuliBhai_PR_Vale

Nov 13, 2021
how long you got the PR confirmation after the GU, bro? I had a GU on Dec. 09, but nothing happens
It takes almost 15 to 20 days for PR Confirmation after the 3 GU Brother.

I believe that 70% of people get their PR Portal in 40 to 50 days after AOR. Some people receive late AOR and PR because of their file complications and the afghan situation. So be positive, hope you get your PR soon. All the best.

dongdong6406

Oct 3, 2021
It takes almost 15 to 20 days for PR Confirmation after the 3 GU Brother.

I believe that 70% of people get their PR Portal in 40 to 50 days after AOR. Some people receive late AOR and PR because of their file complications and the afghan situation. So be positive, hope you get your PR soon. All the best.
Thank you buddy. I hope mine is coming before the Xmas. I am afraid that they won't process them fast in January like right now. Cuz they might have the pressure to process 400k cases at the end of the year, but in Jan, no rush any more. hmmmm. Waiting game, eh. Anyway, thanks buddy. Enjoy the holidays.

Reactions: VasuliBhai_PR_Vale

K-P

Nov 19, 2021
Need help!!!!! Got request for my son passport which appears under my name of things to upload and not in his section. I uploaded the passport but then it’s saying uploaded - not submitted to IRCC. How will this be submitted?
You can ignore this question I got it

byqc

May 26, 2021
I linked in mid Sep and got AoR in late Sep, and saw 3 timings of GUs (early Nov, mid Nov, yesterday).
I saw 3 GUs yesterday (in 1 day). Each time I logged in I saw GU yesterday.
Today, it shows just "submitted" and no letter from IRCC.
Any issue for IRCC to hesitate to take further procedure?
I got Request letter just after 1st GU and submitted documents days later. And then I saw 2nd GU but received nothing then.