+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

rxhxnxx

Aug 3, 2018
Hi, can you please share your timeline ?
Stream: IG
Submission time: Around 4:30 pm EST
AOR: December 3 (Linked on Dec 4)
1st ADR (Dec 4): PCC and Payment Fees (Submitted Same Day, Received on Dec 9)
Medical (Dec 10): Passed (used my old medical)
I got 3 GUs on Dec 14 (Background Check changed)
2nd ADR (Dec 16) : IMM5669 (Totally missed a gap on my list of addresses and I just added more details on my personal history)

monroviana

Sep 2, 2018
For what a little bit i know, your previous study permit would have automatically expired after certain number of days after your study ended.
No you cannot hold PGWP and study permit at same time .
Also pgwp is only issued once, so you won't receive it again after your new study permit.

Get PR and then do these things. Also call CIC.
This is categorically untrue. I currently have both a PGWP and Study Permit. You can hold both concurrently.

byqc

May 26, 2021
This is categorically untrue. I currently have both a PGWP and Study Permit. You can hold both concurrently.
Just in case. I do not know the rule about "PGWP under public policy" (one-time countermeasure against the pandemic which could be obtained even after getting into another school after expiration of the 1st PGWP, if conditions were satisfied), but generally, PGWP does not allow to study. It says "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Therefore, Study Permit is useless after PGWP, even before expiration date printed on it.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Does anyone know why sep aor are not getting finalize as of now nothing almost 3 months
Some apps take longer, there are a bunch of Sep apps with COPRs already.

As I say again and again, some apps take longer.

Zusha

Dec 2, 2021
Pending security/info sharing. After Schedule A if it's delayed, usually that's the reason.
I would strongly advise you to apply for GCMS notes.
Hi,
Applied GCMS notes yesterday as per the suggestion!
we have shared medical as requested but still it remains the same that we don’t require your medical.
Do you have any idea how long will it take for the PR confirmation. Thanks in advance

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi,
Applied GCMS notes yesterday as per the suggestion!
we have shared medical as requested but still it remains the same that we don’t require your medical.
Do you have any idea how long will it take for the PR confirmation. Thanks in advance
PR Confirmation can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months or longer.
As long as everything has been submitted, you should be fine. The waiting game begins.

Zusha

Dec 2, 2021
PR Confirmation can take anywhere between 2 weeks to 6 months or longer.
As long as everything has been submitted, you should be fine. The waiting game begins.
Thanks for the reply
Is there any thing I need to worry about or should I just wait for PR confirmation??
it’s because it’s 2 years since we got married and we are away because of pandemic and now this PR !

monroviana

Sep 2, 2018
Just in case. I do not know the rule about "PGWP under public policy" (one-time countermeasure against the pandemic which could be obtained even after getting into another school after expiration of the 1st PGWP, if conditions were satisfied), but generally, PGWP does not allow to study. It says "Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course."

Therefore, Study Permit is useless after PGWP, even before expiration date printed on it.
This is still not true. I am not trying to be antagonistic or anything like that, just trying to clarify and get the information out there because I had the same wrong information about concurrent PGWP and Study Permit before I got mine.

What I am discussing here is not a one-time public policy. Apparently, this is how it has always been: that you can hold both a PGWP for a just ended study (say you just finished an Msc) and a study permit for a new study (say you just got admiitrd into a PhD following my Msc) and both are valid concurrently. The only limitation is that you only get PGWP once in a lifetime, so the border officer will ask you twice if you are sure that you don't want to wait for you to finish your PhD before getting the PGWP.

As a matter of fact, the border officer explained the quote above that 'Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.", Unless authorized means that unless you have a Study Permit you can't study while you are on PGWP. So he said that for you to study at the same time while you have a valid PGWP you must apply for a study permit.

Just in case you are wondering if this is a mistake or something, I renewed both my PGWP and Study Permit just last week online. They were previously issued to my passport expiry but I got a new passport and now they expire in 2024.

TL;DR: YOU can have both PGWP and Study Permit at the same time and it's not a one-time public policy. Read the clause you wrote above again slowly from the beginning and you will see why this is correct. "Unless authorized,"

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
This is still not true. I am not trying to be antagonistic or anything like that, just trying to clarify and get the information out there because I had the same wrong information about concurrent PGWP and Study Permit before I got mine.

What I am discussing here is not a one-time public policy. Apparently, this is how it has always been: that you can hold both a PGWP for a just ended study (say you just finished an Msc) and a study permit for a new study (say you just got admiitrd into a PhD following my Msc) and both are valid concurrently. The only limitation is that you only get PGWP once in a lifetime, so the border officer will ask you twice if you are sure that you don't want to wait for you to finish your PhD before getting the PGWP.

As a matter of fact, the border officer explained the quote above that 'Unless authorized, prohibited from attending any educational institution, or taking any academic, professional or vocational training course.", Unless authorized means that unless you have a Study Permit you can't study while you are on PGWP. So he said that for you to study at the same time while you have a valid PGWP you must apply for a study permit.

Just in case you are wondering if this is a mistake or something, I renewed both my PGWP and Study Permit just last week online. They were previously issued to my passport expiry but I got a new passport and now they expire in 2024.

TL;DR: YOU can have both PGWP and Study Permit at the same time and it's not a one-time public policy. Read the clause you wrote above again slowly from the beginning and you will see why this is correct. "Unless authorized,"
"Unless authorized" could be authorized.
Thanks for sharing.

IG1

Sep 16, 2021
Guys quick question, please reply.... Is it a good sign, i am not getting blocked from exceeding registrations, I am able link more than 5 times.