+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020

Mk@yla

Jul 26, 2021
Is it true that to be able to apply for the OWP under TR to PR you need to have an AOR first. Thats what my consultant just told me. My WP is only valid until NOV 5 2021. I applied May 14 Essential - non healthcare.

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Is it true that to be able to apply for the OWP under TR to PR you need to have an AOR first. Thats what my consultant just told me. My WP is only valid until NOV 5 2021. I applied May 14 Essential - non healthcare.
i would change consultant…or try to do my own research too…google is your best friend

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

an email from IRCC confirming that you’ve successfully submitted your permanent residence (PR) application for 1 of the following:

Reactions: Tomican

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Principal applicants in Canada
To be eligible for an open work permit, you must meet 5 requirements:

1. Residency
You must live in Canada.

2. Application for a temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
You must have applied under one of the temporary resident to permanent resident pathways.

You must have received one of the following:

3. Authorized to work
When you applied for the PR pathway, you were legally authorized to work with 1 of the following:

4. Language requirements
When you applied for the PR pathway, you met the language requirements for the pathway you’re applying for.

You must have had valid results from an approved language test when you applied.

5. Immigration status
When you apply for your work permit
, you must either:

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hey guys!

I have just submitted application for the new open work permit. Can anyone confirm if just having confirmation of application is enough to prove maintained status to keep working? Or do I need to apply for some kind of letter to prove maintained status?
I believe that the evidence of the application is enough to proof your status...
Also, did you have to submit the format "Family Information Form IMM 5707"? I am just reading that it is supposed to be one of the required documents but my application is not asking for it... Isn't that format supposed to be for those outside of Canada? Or maybe I answered a question wrong? xD

Mk@yla

Jul 26, 2021
i would change consultant…or try to do my own research too…google is your best friend

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

an email from IRCC confirming that you’ve successfully submitted your permanent residence (PR) application for 1 of the following:
Principal applicants in Canada
To be eligible for an open work permit, you must meet 5 requirements:

1. Residency
You must live in Canada.

2. Application for a temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
You must have applied under one of the temporary resident to permanent resident pathways.

You must have received one of the following:

3. Authorized to work
When you applied for the PR pathway, you were legally authorized to work with 1 of the following:

4. Language requirements
When you applied for the PR pathway, you met the language requirements for the pathway you’re applying for.

You must have had valid results from an approved language test when you applied.

5. Immigration status
When you apply for your work permit
, you must either:

Mk@yla

Jul 26, 2021
That’s how i understand it too. That i only need confirmation email that i submitted my application which i have. Now I’m starting to get worried☹

Saab22

Jun 27, 2021
I submitted mine on May 16th!! I’d be happy to get my PR before my kids go to college.. and I don’t have any yet lol. I don’t even bother checking my email for AOR! My blood pressure is too precious to be unstable!
hahaahaahhahahah thats good one >>10/10

Quackisss

Jul 6, 2021
I believe that the evidence of the application is enough to proof your status...
Also, did you have to submit the format "Family Information Form IMM 5707"? I am just reading that it is supposed to be one of the required documents but my application is not asking for it... Isn't that format supposed to be for those outside of Canada? Or maybe I answered a question wrong? xD
Yes I had to submit IMM 5707 and I am in Canada

Sam8899

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Did somebody receive pr or pr protal email today ? Waiting for mine its been 1 month since i linked my file waiting for the protal email or pre arival letter

yassinebouhlel

Sep 27, 2020
Hi everyone,
For the last news about the exemption of the medical exam, what should we upload into the application as its a mandatory thing ?

Fran Cisco

Jul 26, 2021
Hello!

I applied on May 7th under the Essential workers Stream, but I did not receive any email of confirmation. Did it happen to anyone else?. I was checking that it's mandatory to have a proof of application to request the work permit

Thank you :).
Search for “IRCC” in your mail inbox folder, the subject should be something like “Submission confirmation – Online permanent residence application / Confirmation de soumission – Demande de résidence permanente en ligne”

Jul 26, 2021
I have applied for the student stream and have not received any confirmation email from the cic, I checked my spam many times , nothing was there, i cannot reach cic on the phone, what should i do to be able to apply for the new work permit