+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Lol! The 4 months window is for all programs like it was for that 18 month open work permit ext. for Intl. Grads earlier this year, same for PNP nomination etc.
The Temporary policy of OWP is for Tr2Pr, not mention of other programs

UPDATED TODAY, July 26
Temporary public policies: Open work permits for applicants under the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html

Reactions: M8sidhu

byqc

May 26, 2021
I know most people would not like to hear this but TR to Pr processing time is two to three years. If you have other options go for it, if not, keep yourself busy and keep waiting.
I am basing this of the current processing speed. This is if at least 1000 applications are processed per month.

Currently less than 1000 applications are being processed monthly.

The current slow speed could be due to 1) Work From Home of the officers 2) adjusting number of processing, according to COVID situation and restriction at the US-Canada border etc. 3) system error, or the system of internal processing is not established well.

So we cannot predict the future by the status quo.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Timeline sharing..

Stream; International Graduate
Submitted; May 6th, 9:15am PST (12:15pm EST)
AOR: June 26th
Had everything upfront: medical exam, IELTS, graduation certificate, etc
July 21st: got the email of "New Credentials for PR confirmation", needed to submit my orginal date of entry and last date of entry, etc. to IRCC.
July 22nd: Got the PR confirmation portal and uploaded my address and my photo
July 23rd: Got my eCOPR and waiting for my PR card
Did you submit your PCC

Alta1991

Jul 6, 2021
Hello everyone.

I had a question about the portal request. I was wondering if we have time to answer the portal request and confirm we are in Canada or we can do it with some delay.
Actually, right now I am not in Canada and I had to travel due to some family emergency. I am extremely worried if this may cause a problem.

I have applied at 12:17 and got my AOR on July 12. I got one ghost update today.
Also, I was wondering what is the last thing that may happen before getting the portal request so I can use that as the time that I should head back to canada.

I would really appreciate your help.

Reactions: npnan

Ana Silva

Jul 26, 2021
Hello!

I applied on May 7th under the Essential workers Stream, but I did not receive any email of confirmation. Did it happen to anyone else?. I was checking that it's mandatory to have a proof of application to request the work permit

Thank you :).

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
The current slow speed could be due to 1) Work From Home of the officers 2) adjusting number of processing, according to COVID situation and restriction at the US-Canada border etc. 3) system error, or the system of internal processing is not established well.

I think the same with #1 and #3
But #2 why border US-Canada restriction affect the process?

From the news here and there, I think that IRCC is digitally projecting all immigrant programs going forward in order to reach the target 2021+2022+2023 (1.2 millions). Perhaps while doing and editing the necessary details, fixing the errors were not planned, so the progress was unexpectedly delayed.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
The Temporary policy of OWP is for Tr2Pr, not mention of other programs

UPDATED TODAY, July 26
Temporary public policies: Open work permits for applicants under the temporary resident to permanent resident pathway

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/open-work-permit.html
I already know this mayne. I am saying that that statement of "4 months or less is applicable to many" -

To be eligible for this open work permit, you must meet the following 5 requirements:

1. Your post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
    1. expired on or after January 30, 2020, or
    2. will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students/pgwp-extend.html

NL PNP: Applicants to the International Graduate category must:
Have an IRCC Post- Graduation work permit (PGWP). The work permit must have at least 4 months validity remaining at the time of application for the NL Provincial Nominee Program
https://www.gov.nl.ca/immigration/immigrating-to-newfoundland-and-labrador/provincial-nominee-program/applicants/international-graduate/

So that's what am saying,4 months doesn't relate it to that TR to PR will be processed in 4 months as per your analogy

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021

mostly it's cuz it's all new program and they're taking time to get accustomed to it

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hello!

I applied on May 7th under the Essential workers Stream, but I did not receive any email of confirmation. Did it happen to anyone else?. I was checking that it's mandatory to have a proof of application to request the work permit

Yes, you would get it instantly. I applied on 15 July and got submission confirmation within few minutes as per my recollection. It is important to show as a proof along with payment receipt.

Quackisss

Jul 6, 2021
Hey guys!

I have just submitted application for the new open work permit. Can anyone confirm if just having confirmation of application is enough to prove maintained status to keep working? Or do I need to apply for some kind of letter to prove maintained status?

Prateek710

Jun 15, 2021
I used the existing account. When i logged in , my TR to PR pathway application was already linked to the portal
Just for Curiosity what do we need to do in PR confirmation portal once we receive our application inside it and what do we need to reply in the e-mail corresponding to it ?

Last edited:

constellation13

Sep 9, 2020
Just for Curiosity what do we need to do in PR confirmation portal once we receive our application inside it and what do we need to reply in the e-mail corresponding to it ?
I have no clue tbh. I responded to the PR confirmation portal email nonetheless. And then I put my info and photo on the portal.

jugarsep

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Hello!

Hey Ana

I think normally you get an email “no-reply” saying that you have successfully submitted your application. That is not the AOR though. However, that email is the evidence you need to submit.

Reactions: Ana Silva