+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
First off, you don't need to extend your status 6 months in advance. I did it for my family little over 30 days. You may have received AOR by then.
Second, what is your husband's status? I am assuming his is expiring at the same time as yours? The normal way is to extend the main applicant's status, then those of dependants.
He is on a work permit which was extended for another 18 months under the new policy. Yes I am waiting for the AOR now and will see for another month if we get it otherwise I will apply for an extension. I'm just a visitor here, no work permit.

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
Wonder, if you are in Canada as a visitor, you have Work Permit too?
I am here only as a visitor, cant apply for owp since my husband's job category (noc c) doesn't make spouse eligible for it.
I recently read a news that they might be giving a chance to the dependants to apply for owp while waiting for the PR application?

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
I am here only as a visitor, cant apply for owp since my husband's job category (noc c) doesn't make spouse eligible for it.
I recently read a news that they might be giving a chance to the dependants to apply for owp while waiting for the PR application?
If your husband qualify for this one-time open work permit, and you are his dependent then (I think) you may have a chance .... Just wait until they release the guide on July 26, 2021.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html

nobita107

Dec 3, 2014
  • Stream: IG from Quebec
  • Submitted: May 6th, 2021 9:09 AM
  • AOR: June 8th, 2021
  • Biometrics: Requested June 8th, Received June 10th
  • Medical: Requested June 14th, Submitted June 30th, Passed July 15th
  • PCC: Not needed
  • Eligibility: Processing
  • Admissibility: Processing
  • COPR: Received(?) July 17th, 1:45 PM
Just received an email from the Calgary office, nothing updated on my application's webpage. It looks like that I will need to reply to the email to receive the portal link.
Congrats. I'm just wondering if you are still in Québec? If not, how does your 'intent to live outside of Quebec' look like?

Mightythor

Oct 22, 2019
#1 sorry to interrupt
Actually I applied both international and essential stream cause of i was eligible for both stream i spent 2000 cad for that but now I realized that I made so many mistakes in international grade stream so should I withdraw international grade stream? What if I withdraw that is it affecting my essential stream too. I paid different pay slips. Help me out thanx

buzz07

Star Member
Apr 2, 2021
#1 sorry to interrupt
Actually I applied both international and essential stream cause of i was eligible for both stream i spent 2000 cad for that but now I realized that I made so many mistakes in international grade stream so should I withdraw international grade stream? What if I withdraw that is it affecting my essential stream too. I paid different pay slips. Help me out thanx
What kind of mistakes?

rose-sh10

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Vancouver
If your husband qualify for this one-time open work permit, and you are his dependent then (I think) you may have a chance .... Just wait until they release the guide on July 26, 2021.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/07/new-open-work-permit-available-for-recent-permanent-residency-applicants.html
My husband already has a work permit until sep 2022 so I guess he wouldn't need this one time open wp, I guess will have to wait until 26th and see, nevertheless I'll just apply for an extension. Hoping to receive the AOR soon before that.

Gaurav D

Star Member
Sep 24, 2018
Punjab india
Category........
  • Stream: IG from Quebec
  • Submitted: May 6th, 2021 9:09 AM
  • AOR: June 8th, 2021
  • Biometrics: Requested June 8th, Received June 10th
  • Medical: Requested June 14th, Submitted June 30th, Passed July 15th
  • PCC: Not needed
  • Eligibility: Processing
  • Admissibility: Processing
  • COPR: Received(?) July 17th, 1:45 PM
Just received an email from the Calgary office, nothing updated on my application's webpage. It looks like that I will need to reply to the email to receive the portal link.
congrats, did you submit PCC upfront?

Reactions: Ac1dico