+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

uddsy27

May 10, 2021
Hey guys, I am confused regarding my situation explained as follows:

I applied through tr to pr international graduate pathway on may 6th, around 12:40 pm (marital status single). Haven't received AOR yet.

On June 10 I got married in Pakistan. (I travelled to Pakistan from June 5 to 17 and am back in Canada now, currently in quarantine).

My wife had previously applied for a study permit in April and is coming to Carleton University for a graduate diploma starting September 2021. For her study permit application, she got her medical completed on 12 june after IRCC asked for it.

My questions are as follows:

1. At what point should my wife inform IRCC via webform or otherwise about her change in marital status? Please note we haven't yet received proof of marriage certificate from government authority (NADRA) but we should get it within 1-2 weeks max. Should we wait until receipt of proof or update IRCC already? What if IRCC asks for passport before that?

2. In the webform, should she just inform that she is married now or should she add additional details (who she married, my status in canada, pictures of event, proof of relationship etc)?

3.. Does anybody know if there are any additional steps left in study permit application after medical or will they now request my wife's passport once they process her medical results?

4. How would the marriage update affect her study permit application?

5. Pros and cons of updating passport to reflect change in last name? Is it wise to leave it as it is or get it changed?

6 . Once I get my AOR, I intend to add her to the PR application. Should I wait until she lands in Canada before updating IRCC or should I do it immediately after receiving AOR?

Thank you for your help and sorry for the bombardment of questions. If I am posting on the wrong thread, please let me know the correct thread if possible :)

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
If you pay the biometric fee because you’ve been prompted to do so, and you receive a biometric instruction letter, you do not have to give your biometrics if you’re in Canada and applying for temporary residence. When we finalize your application, we’ll send you a refund for the biometric fee. You do not need to do anything to initiate the refund.

-> They sent me refund for nearly 1 week but has not finalized application yet

Reactions: Owonikoko2021

Owonikoko2021

May 5, 2021
If you pay the biometric fee because you’ve been prompted to do so, and you receive a biometric instruction letter, you do not have to give your biometrics if you’re in Canada and applying for temporary residence. When we finalize your application, we’ll send you a refund for the biometric fee. You do not need to do anything to initiate the refund.

-> They sent me refund for nearly 1 week but has not finalized application yet
Your application has most likely been finalized on their end and you will get a notification this week or next week unfailingly.

If I were you, I will be so relaxed right now and planning on how to celebrate my PR, possibly looking up vacation spots to enjoy the summer weather. Congrats in advance.

frz077

May 23, 2020
Hi, I submitted my application under International Graduate stream on May 06. However, I was not able make full payment due to the payment system issues and paid $1,000 (wife included) at the time of submission. I’ve paid rest of the fees ($1,270) the next day when payment system was working fine and retained the receipt. Should this result in rejection of my application? Or, IRCC will contact me for the full fees before they send me AOR? Thanks for your reply.

A_Tamara

Jun 21, 2021
Hey Guys,
I have applied to TR to PR in the Graduation stream.
I had attached the Work permit and pay stubs while at submission. But, I have missed attaching an employment letter ( which is a mandatory letter ). Although I raised a webform IRCC says they wouldn't replace documents in this stream. It was important to submit all the mandatory documents on the fly. and they would contact us if the officer needs any other documents. So this seems to be a generic Email. Also, IRCC mentions that if I feel that I have missed any Mandatory documents I can request for refund before I receive AOR.

Is it advisable to wait and check for the officer's request since I have my pay stubs mentioning my Role and salary or Is it good to request a refund?

Looking for the replies. Thank you :)

Harkaran bhullar

May 12, 2021
There are reasons to be impatient. There is a looming Canadian general election in July 2021 if the Trudeau government falls during budget voting in parliament. If that happens then we don't know how IRCC will respond till the new government will be in place OR what immigration stance the new government will take.

See what happened in Quebec when a new government came there - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/coalition-avenir-quebec-immigration-bill-1.5009402
Elections comes in quebec only?

sarbpreet

May 16, 2021
There are reasons to be impatient. There is a looming Canadian general election in July 2021 if the Trudeau government falls during budget voting in parliament. If that happens then we don't know how IRCC will respond till the new government will be in place OR what immigration stance the new government will take.

See what happened in Quebec when a new government came there - https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/coalition-avenir-quebec-immigration-bill-1.5009402
Hey Guys,
I have applied to TR to PR in the Graduation stream.
I had attached the Work permit and pay stubs while at submission. But, I have missed attaching an employment letter ( which is a mandatory letter ). Although I raised a webform IRCC says they wouldn't replace documents in this stream. It was important to submit all the mandatory documents on the fly. and they would contact us if the officer needs any other documents. So this seems to be a generic Email. Also, IRCC mentions that if I feel that I have missed any Mandatory documents I can request for refund before I receive AOR.

Is it advisable to wait and check for the officer's request since I have my pay stubs mentioning my Role and salary or Is it good to request a refund?

Looking for the replies. Thank you :)
do not request the refund yet wait for there email

sandeep2021

Star Member
Jun 21, 2021
Does any know if any couples have received any AOR. We submitted TR to PR application at 12:45 Eastern time. and till today we have not received anything Are they taking more time to reject or accept couples' application?

byqc

May 26, 2021
Lol.. No please don't spread info of which you are not sure as these things can can literally have a mammoth effect on one's life. #respectfully
Agree. According to the application rule we have to disclose our family members even if we are single. Some one showed, by a screenshot, that we can add missing documents after getting AoR, but family info is a material fact anyway. The rule says that it is MANDATORY, and the application site I used had a button to upload the form. I wonder how come the applicant without the form could process his/her application.

https://www.bellissimolawgroup.com/inadmissibility/misrepresentation/

For reference. This site says that family info is material. My guess...IRCC wants to know family members because 1) it is possible that the applicant may support for PR of his/her family in the future (IRCC says that family who was not declared at the supporter's PR application cannot be supported in the future), and 2) (according to the live session) negative histories of family members may affect family of those and IRCC wants to track histories of family members if any.

Pardeep911

Jun 21, 2021
Hi everyone just wants to know that so far any of the Tr to pr application got refused?
Also did any officer requested the additional documents or forms from any applicant

hereandthere

Jul 10, 2020
Hey guys, I am confused regarding my situation explained as follows:

I applied through tr to pr international graduate pathway on may 6th, around 12:40 pm (marital status single). Haven't received AOR yet.

On June 10 I got married in Pakistan. (I travelled to Pakistan from June 5 to 17 and am back in Canada now, currently in quarantine).

My wife had previously applied for a study permit in April and is coming to Carleton University for a graduate diploma starting September 2021. For her study permit application, she got her medical completed on 12 june after IRCC asked for it.

My questions are as follows:

1. At what point should my wife inform IRCC via webform or otherwise about her change in marital status? Please note we haven't yet received proof of marriage certificate from government authority (NADRA) but we should get it within 1-2 weeks max. Should we wait until receipt of proof or update IRCC already? What if IRCC asks for passport before that?

2. In the webform, should she just inform that she is married now or should she add additional details (who she married, my status in canada, pictures of event, proof of relationship etc)?

3.. Does anybody know if there are any additional steps left in study permit application after medical or will they now request my wife's passport once they process her medical results?

4. How would the marriage update affect her study permit application?

5. Pros and cons of updating passport to reflect change in last name? Is it wise to leave it as it is or get it changed?

6 . Once I get my AOR, I intend to add her to the PR application. Should I wait until she lands in Canada before updating IRCC or should I do it immediately after receiving AOR?

Thank you for your help and sorry for the bombardment of questions. If I am posting on the wrong thread, please let me know the correct thread if possible :)
You should tell them you got married right after your AOR. It is stated in the AOR that you should update them if your marital status has changed.

Reactions: canadawonderland