+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
what i think is the email that he received is just system generated by ircc not the official one . so wait for another one email
But he didn't even link it yet, something is up for sure with their system, its like getting the windfall when you didn't even buy the ticket, makes no sense

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Guys what do you think about this:
During the days of the application (I did stream be, essential worker no health care) the only way for see how they calculate the qualification hours was in the glossary where you still can find this:

Calculating work experience for CEC

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work, for example:
  • 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at:
    • Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations);
    • Skill Level A (Professional occupations); or
    • Skill Level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC.
  • Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
For a student who had graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, only work experience gained after graduation will count towards meeting the work experience requirement (e.g., post-graduate work permit).

etc. etc.

Obviously, seeing a 30/37.5 hours per week, I took the highest number for calculate my hours during the period I worked full time. And I was ok with my hours, because nowhere else in the CIC site I could find other information about the hour calculation for the TR to PR stream.

Since today that they publish in this link Assessing the application against the policy conditions : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

the way they do the calculation and they say very clearly:

The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

So, suddenly my 1600 hours became 1480.
Was I a stupid applicant throwing away 2500 bucks for being too confident and relay in the information i liked?
Do you guys think a lawyer 15 days ago had more information than me about this detail?
Anyone else in this situation?

Thank you
Ad maiora
This is what I "understand" the updated from iRCC, May 26:

1. Intel Grad stream targets graduated who is in Canada, employed
2. Essential workers (non-healthcare), targets students who is in Canada, part-time employed (Index A & B).

Eligible for intel grad (IRCC will verify through GCMS if not provided when applying)
  • being in Canada
  • graduated (from Canadian colleges, univ. in DLL list, must have completed the program of study prior to the date on which the application for permanent residence is received, and no earlier than January 2017.
  • authorized employed at the time of application
  • IELTS level 5
Eligible for essential workers (non-healthcare)
  • being in Canada
  • IELTS level 4
  • minimum 1 year of employed (Index B, or Index A+B)
*The way IRCC calculates: 1560 hrs must be 1 to 3 years, no more than 30hrs/week will be counted

The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

* Unfortunately, it is clear that students who applied in Intel Grad stream may be refused if not completed the program before applying.

Last edited:

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Tomcat initially talked about calculating hours by CEC formula, and he didn’t used the correct one. And now TRtoPR has similar requirements as EE
Yes, it almost the same as CEC/EE. I read from here :)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

Alberta2018

Dec 8, 2020
Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

If you still have trouble, contact us.

I still can't Link my Application :( V32892**** this is my Application Number and I still cannot link it :(
Looks like it's a Visa application, not permanent residency

Reactions: hhzara

Tomican

Feb 20, 2020
Wxxxx -> work permit
Vxxxx -> Visa
Exxxx -> Economic PR
What is the Application Number (file number)?
Application number or file number refers to a number unique to the application you have submitted. This number usually begins with one or more letters, followed by nine digits. For example,

https://www.settler.ca/english/uci-application-number-canada/

miguelca

May 6, 2021
Based on the information you entered, we found no applications.

What do I do next?

You may have made a mistake entering your information. Go back and try to enter it again. You can only try to link an application five times in 24 hours.

If you still have trouble, contact us.

I still can't Link my Application :( V32892**** this is my Application Number and I still cannot link it :(
That looks like a Visa application

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
1. Did anyone get the file numbers yet?
2. Can you still link the application even if you don't have a file number?

Neetu78

Apr 27, 2021
Yes, it almost the same as CEC/EE. I read from here :)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

CEC says: We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

TR to PR says: Work in excess of 30 hour per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

There’s a huge difference.

In CEC they will NOT count any hour above 30 in a week to accumulate 1560 hours of work experience. Whereas, in TR to PR they WILL count hours above 30 in a week to accumulate 1560 hours of work experience, BUT it will compensate a shorter period than 12 months/1 year.

Rest, experts please give your opinion.

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: captainarabiia

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
What is the Application Number (file number)?
Application number or file number refers to a number unique to the application you have submitted. This number usually begins with one or more letters, followed by nine digits. For example,

https://www.settler.ca/english/uci-application-number-canada/
Yeah I was like how is this even happening. Thanks for clarifying