+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SPQR

May 26, 2021
Guys what do you think about this:
During the days of the application (I did stream be, essential worker no health care) the only way for see how they calculate the qualification hours was in the glossary where you still can find this:

Calculating work experience for CEC

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work, for example:

• 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at:
    • Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations);
    • Skill Level A (Professional occupations); or
    • Skill Level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC.
  • Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

For a student who had graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, only work experience gained after graduation will count towards meeting the work experience requirement (e.g., post-graduate work permit).

etc. etc.

Obviously, seeing a 30/37.5 hours per week, I took the highest number for calculate my hours during the period I worked full time. And I was ok with my hours, because nowhere else in the CIC site I could find other information about the hour calculation for the TR to PR stream.

Since today that they publish in this link Assessing the application against the policy conditions : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

the way they do the calculation and they say very clearly:

The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

So, suddenly my 1600 hours became 1480.
Was I a stupid applicant throwing away 2500 bucks for being too confident and relay in the information i liked?
Do you guys think a lawyer 15 days ago had more information than me about this detail?
Anyone else in this situation?

Thank you
Ad maiora

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Guys what do you think about this:
During the days of the application (I did stream be, essential worker no health care) the only way for see how they calculate the qualification hours was in the glossary where you still can find this:

Calculating work experience for CEC

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work, for example:

• 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at:
    • Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations);
    • Skill Level A (Professional occupations); or
    • Skill Level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC.
  • Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

For a student who had graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, only work experience gained after graduation will count towards meeting the work experience requirement (e.g., post-graduate work permit).

etc. etc.

Obviously, seeing a 30/37.5 hours per week, I took the highest number for calculate my hours during the period I worked full time. And I was ok with my hours, because nowhere else in the CIC site I could find other information about the hour calculation for the TR to PR stream.

Since today that they publish in this link Assessing the application against the policy conditions : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/tr-pr-pathway/assessing.html

the way they do the calculation and they say very clearly:

The 1 year of work experience can be acquired through multiple periods of employment but must equal at least 1,560 hours in the 3 years before the application for permanent residence is received. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

So, suddenly my 1600 hours became 1480.
Was I a stupid applicant throwing away 2500 bucks for being too confident and relay in the information i liked?
Do you guys think a lawyer 15 days ago had more information than me about this detail?
Anyone else in this situation?

Thank you
Ad maiora
Was your work over a period of 12 months? If yes, it clearly says you're fine.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
You are not reading the whole processing manual.

Read this:

So if it's mentioned in the guide, YES.

Paystubs ARE required.
Whatever was written in the guide+public policy will be verified by the officers, as mentioned in the processing manual.

Reactions: canadawonderland

SPQR

May 26, 2021
Was your work over a period of 12 months? If yes, it clearly says you're fine.
Hey cap, thanks for the fast response,
yes was even more than one year but if I don't add the 37.5 hours worked during full-time I am short to the 1560 required.

Explain better:

from march 2020 to august 2020 full time 42 hours x 24 weeks = 1008, but let's put only the 37.5 they mention in the website and we have 900 hours
from september 1st 2020 to May 6th 2021 20 hours x 35 weeks = 700

like this i have a total of 1600 in 1 year and 3 month
but if for the period full time they consider that the qual. exp. can't exceed the 30 hours, suddenly I have only 1420..

I know that anyway i have to wait, but I think this can be a good topic.
Thanks again

Ad maiora

Taran123

May 12, 2021
I messed it up in background declaration form.
1. I forgot to type my name in native language .
2. I forgot to tell about my refusal ?
3. I used two abbreviations to write my school name.?

my experience for CEC will complete on 20th june as well as i am working in essential job. I will be eligible for that also.

i am thinking to withdraw my application just because of this form otherwise everything is good. Just my background declaration form is not good ?

what you all advice withdraw or wait ?

canadawonderland

May 2, 2021
You are not reading the whole processing manual.

Read this:

So if it's mentioned in the guide, YES.

Paystubs ARE required.
Whatever was written in the guide+public policy will be verified by the officers, as mentioned in the processing manual.
Yup that makes sense, but what about if someone's employment began this May?

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
yes was even more than one year but if I don't add the 37.5 hours worked during full-time I am short to the 1560 required.

Explain better:

from march 2020 to august 2020 full time 42 hours x 24 weeks = 1008, but let's put only the 37.5 they mention in the website and we have 900 hours
from september 1st 2020 to May 6th 2021 20 hours x 35 weeks = 700

like this i have a total of 1600 in 1 year and 3 month
but if for the period full time they consider that the qual. exp. can't exceed the 30 hours, suddenly I have only 1420..

I know that anyway i have to wait, but I think this can be a good topic.
Thanks again

Ad maiora
The essential worker stream is sitting at 10,000 right now. There's no way it'll fill up in 2 months.
You still have time, even if you work 30 per week, in a month and little bit you will get 1560.

Now about the rule they mentioned,

Read this carefully;
Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

From what I understand, you can't work 1696 hours in 11 months and claim that you met 1560, rather you need to work 12 months and you can use all the hours.

If they really wanted to say hours over 30 won't count, they would've used the CEC,EE lingo
We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.

Reactions: Kate Le and SPQR

SPQR

May 26, 2021
The essential worker stream is sitting at 10,000 right now. There's no way it'll fill up in 2 months.
You still have time, even if you work 30 per week, in a month and little bit you will get 1560.

Now about the rule they mentioned,

Read this carefully;
Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least 1 year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.

From what I understand, you can't work 1696 hours in 11 months and claim that you met 1560, rather you need to work 12 months and you can use all the hours.

If they really wanted to say hours over 30 won't count, they would've used the CEC,EE lingo
We don’t count any hours you work above 30 hours/week.
Ok, this make sense, and I really hope you are right. Looks like the 30 hours rule apply only, and I quote "over a shorter period"... Finger crossed and thanks again

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Ok, this make sense, and I really hope you are right. Looks like the 30 hours rule apply only, and I quote "over a shorter period"... Finger crossed and thanks again
You can wait a month and apply, just to be on the safe side.

AloeVera

May 19, 2021
As far as I know that was always a requirement for EE, nothing new.

You need full 12 months of full time work experience, total 1560hours, and count only 30h per week.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Last edited:

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Param1991

May 16, 2021
I messed it up in background declaration form.
1. I forgot to type my name in native language .
2. I forgot to tell about my refusal ?
3. I used two abbreviations to write my school name.?

my experience for CEC will complete on 20th june as well as i am working in essential job. I will be eligible for that also.

i am thinking to withdraw my application just because of this form otherwise everything is good. Just my background declaration form is not good ?

what you all advice withdraw or wait ?
Don't withdraw, correct it after you receive Application number.
Just send the IMM5669 form again with lOE