+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Paomayin

Star Member
Apr 4, 2023
@CherAmie good morning and thank you for the selfless service you have been offering here.
I received ADR yesterday for a dependent who turned 19 few days ago. He wasn’t 18 yet when application was submitted on 16 July 2021.
He’s currently a college student but advised to withdraw as of end of winter semester so could not register for his second semester (summer).
He has the opportunity to retake the courses he failed in the winter semester by fall 2023 so that he can continue.
I am in doubt of how to report his personal history from the end of winter semester to date. He currently has a study permit and hope to continue his study by September 2023.
Could you please recommend what to do here. Thank you.

Redan33

Star Member
May 29, 2023
After 2 3 days you will get acknowledgment that they received your document and status will change to documents under review and after few days you get GU otherwise I’d they need something else they will send another ADR or pr portal
Ok guess my next step is to wait for the acknowledgment! Thanks
Also what are the timelines for background check?
Will my background check take longer since one of the ADRs was a police certificate? (Submitted May 26 2023)

Narender kaur

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Ok guess my next step is to wait for the acknowledgment! Thanks
Also what are the timelines for background check?
Will my background check take longer since one of the ADRs was a police certificate? (Submitted May 26 2023)
Ok so no timeline for background check even if you passed and got portal request in gc account it still says processing.
I will suggest to call ircc and ask them whether they received your document or not if they say no submit by webform and ask them what is completed on my application

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
@CherAmie good morning and thank you for the selfless service you have been offering here.
I received ADR yesterday for a dependent who turned 19 few days ago. He wasn’t 18 yet when application was submitted on 16 July 2021.
He’s currently a college student but advised to withdraw as of end of winter semester so could not register for his second semester (summer).
He has the opportunity to retake the courses he failed in the winter semester by fall 2023 so that he can continue.
I am in doubt of how to report his personal history from the end of winter semester to date. He currently has a study permit and hope to continue his study by September 2023.
Could you please recommend what to do here. Thank you.
(Please tell me if his Study permit has expired and how many courses he is retaking this summer.)

Assuming that his Study Permit is still valid, he would list this last Winter semester as being a Student even though he withdrew. If he is re-taking course right now, he is still a Student/Studying, again assuming his Study Permit is still valid and he's taking 3 or more courses therefore a full-time student. Or, because it is the Summer, he can say that he is on summer break if he is not in school. If his Study Permit permits work (on or off campus) he can also say that he is Working during the summer. While on school breaks he can work full-time, but during school, he is only permitted to work 20hrs/wk.

If his Study Permit will expire soon, to be on the safe side given his past grades, I would apply for a renewed Study Permit AND also apply for an "OWP under TR to PR Pathway" for him (as your dependent/student on your TR to PR) which would be valid to the end of Dec 2024. It is possible that they might shorten the length of the Study Permit or refuse the Study Permit due to poor grades but it is up to the agents discretion. Given that this was his first semester, they would likely give him at least one or two semesters to recover his grades. If you also go for the "OWP under TR to PR", make sure his passport is up to date and does not expire before Dec 31, 2024 to maximize the length of the OWP validity. Many folks are not reading the fine print that says IRCC (generally) will not provide permits with an expiry date beyond the validity of their travel documents (usually a passport).

I hope you and your family get PR soon. Also, I recommend that he only takes 3 courses in the Fall if you have not yet received PR. He will still be a full-time student and have more time to focus on improving his grades.

Reactions: Redan33

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I wonder how many of us are stuck only because our file is in Whitehorse
Generally speaking, WHITEHORSE IS WHERE PROCESSING ACTUALLY HAPPENS, or is centred. Typically, all files got started in Sydney (entered into GCMS system) after waiting for a long-time in the original 'special' portal we all had to apply in/on. After a basic check and entering into GCMS, they ALL went to Whitehorse. Once complete or nearly complete (although it may not show in your account), they eventually get sent to a regional landing office like Calgary, Vancouver, Brampton, etc., to initiate the PR landing process. Best wishes!

Reactions: Jb24 and Redan33

N1ck

Apr 20, 2023
Generally speaking, WHITEHORSE IS WHERE PROCESSING ACTUALLY HAPPENS, or is centred. Typically, all files got started in Sydney (entered into GCMS system) after waiting for a long-time in the original 'special' portal we all had to apply in/on. After a basic check and entering into GCMS, they ALL went to Whitehorse. Once complete or nearly complete (although it may not show in your account), they eventually get sent to a regional landing office like Calgary, Vancouver, Brampton, etc., to initiate the PR landing process. Best wishes!
Well that good to know I guess, so until I see my file being in any place other then whitehorse it means that I am close to receiving my final decision?

Redan33

Star Member
May 29, 2023
Ok so no timeline for background check even if you passed and got portal request in gc account it still says processing.
I will suggest to call ircc and ask them whether they received your document or not if they say no submit by webform and ask them what is completed on my application
I called IRCC and they said my documents have been received on May 26 and uploaded for officer review but funny thing is she said officer reviewed my file on May 29 to update my biometrics and criminality which is now complete but my supporting documents haven’t been reviewed or even updated on my portal as received. Portal still showing we require documents from you

Oct30healthcare

May 28, 2023
Hi all,

I read somewhere on this thread to send email to this address to find out the Visa Office Name: cpc-ctd-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I keep getting failed mail delivery notice. How can find out the visa office for my application?

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

cpc-ctd-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Your message couldn't be delivered because you don't have permission to send to this recipient. Ask the recipient's email admin to grant you permission and then try again.

Redan33

Star Member
May 29, 2023
Question?
We should be looking forward to a file sent from Whitehorse to a regional landing office?
How do we know if file has been sent from Whitehorse ?
If GCMS, I requested GCMS notes twice(March and May) but haven’t received any yet

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Question?
We should be looking forward to a file sent from Whitehorse to a regional landing office?
How do we know if file has been sent from Whitehorse ?
If GCMS, I requested GCMS notes twice(March and May) but haven’t received any yet
The only way I am aware of you finding out where your file is at is through ordering your GCMS notes. So you may see a note saying your primary office is Whitehorse and perhaps a notation that your secondary office is Calgary (for example). BUT KNOWING THAT WON'T DO ANYTHING TO SPEED UP YOUR FILE. Best wishes.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Well that good to know I guess, so until I see my file being in any place other then whitehorse it means that I am close to receiving my final decision?
Once your file is completed processing (though it may not show as complete in your account), it will get sent to a regional office (most likely based on where you are currently living) for the PR Landing process, HOWEVER, depending on how busy the landing queue is in that location and what their priorities are at that time, etc., you could still wait in the landing queue for a while (days, weeks, months). Best wishes!

Reactions: Jb24