Applied 5th June 2021 essential, non-health
AOR 17 Feb 2022, E0026
ADR 23 Feb 2022
BIL fees 27 Feb 2022
BIL request 9 May 2023
BIL submitted 11 May 2023
ADR request 11 May 2023

GU for documents being reviewed and background in process 30 May 2023

Primary office Whitehorse, secondary office Sydney centralized intake office; two notoriously slow horses of the entire IRCC network.
What's GU? and how do you find this out?
I requested GCMS in March and May but not received yet!
Also found out today that my file is in Whitehorse, there goes my hope

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
What's GU? and how do you find this out?
I requested GCMS in March and May but not received yet!
Also found out today that my file is in Whitehorse, there goes my hope
A Ghost Update is when you receive a notice that your account has been updated but when you go in and look at your account nothing has actually changed. Usually it just means someone has been doing something with or to your file. Generally, GUs are a good thing — someone working on your file.

Reactions: Redan33 and Ash05

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Well, mine expiring the 9th of June 2023
This may not be your situation but PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR STATUS EXPIRE.

I spent 1.5 hours talking to an agent today (about someone else’s issues) whose problems have multiplied by falling out of status and by not applying for restoration until after the 90 day window. IRCC can withhold or delay your PR while you wait, for example, for a Visitor Record update (with an extra $200 restoration fee), which is currently taking about 131 days.

STAY IN STATUS with updated Study or Work permits, or at the very least an updated Visitors record. Apply before your current status expires so you can continue working or studying under maintained status. Having a PR in progress alone
does not maintain your status. You can also apply for the “OWP under TR to PR Pathway”.

Reactions: kagawa and Redan33

God’s daughter

May 10, 2023
This may not be your situation but PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR STATUS EXPIRE.

I spent 1.5 hours talking to an agent today (about someone else’s issues) whose problems have multiplied by falling out of status and by not applying for restoration until after the 90 day window. IRCC can withhold or delay your PR while you wait, for example, for a Visitor Record update (with an extra $200 restoration fee), which is currently taking about 131 days.

STAY IN STATUS with updated Study or Work permits, or at the very least an updated Visitors record. Apply before your current status expires so you can continue working or studying under maintained status. Having a PR in progress alone
does not maintain your status. You can also apply for the “OWP under TR to PR Pathway”.
Thanks for responding! That is not my situation though. I have already applied for extensions for me and my family. I was just hoping that we would get PR instead of applying for extensions.

Reactions: CherAmie

Preet Patel

Mar 8, 2023
Provide the paystubs from that period. I'm guessing here but since the timeframe seems to be just prior to your application date, they may be trying to confirm that you were employed on the day you applied, or perhaps they need to tally up some more hours for your eligibility. If they are just trying to confirm that you were employed, remember that you do not have to be employed in the same job/NOC that you accumulated your eligible hours from, so you can submit paystubs from a different employer without a problem. And, if you are not currently employed at all, that's ok as long as you were employed when you originally applied. If you were still employed at that time but perhaps on vacation, or on an extended leave, or on sick leave, or maternity/parental leave, or something like that were you don't have pay stubs, get something from your employer confirming that you were on a short-term leave but technically still employed. Depending on the complexity of your story, you should provide a Letter of Explanation with your pay stubs. There is no specific signature required. Best wishes.
Thank you so much,
I have been working at same place from 2019 after coming to Canada and syill working there. So I don’t have a issue, i have access to all paystubs and everything. I have uploaded the document.
Thank you again to all of tou for guidance
finger crossed

Reactions: kagawa and CherAmie

jaspreet231

Sep 1, 2022
So, If u dependent got portal in his email and you are getting in Yours email so do I need to submit his portal information email from his email or i can do from mine email for both of us.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Any help on this? @CherAmie please advise?
The fact that ADRs are happening is a good thing. Someone is working on your file. The fact that Criminality is passed is awesome. If all of your supporting documents were provided upfront, Eligibility doesn’t take that long once an agent sits down to review it. There is no set order for reviewing/passing steps, and you may not even see your Eligibility pass until after you get PR.

As hard as it is to do, be patient, and stay in status, apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway if you need to, keep your passport up to date, respond promptly to requests, keep your contact info up to date, & always check your junk/spam folder. Best wishes.

Reactions: Redan33

Redan33

Star Member
May 29, 2023
The fact that ADRs are happening is a good thing. Someone is working on your file. The fact that Criminality is passed is awesome. If all of your supporting documents were provided upfront, Eligibility doesn’t take that long once an agent sits down to review it. There is no set order for reviewing/passing steps, and you may not even see your Eligibility pass until after you get PR.

As hard as it is to do, be patient, and stay in status, apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway if you need to, keep your passport up to date, respond promptly to requests, keep your contact info up to date, & always check your junk/spam folder. Best wishes.
Thank you so much!!! this is really helpful than what I would hear after a consultation with "immigration lawyer"
On the ADRs - they were requested on May 17th with a deadline for May 24th 2023 except police clearance (due on July 24th) although I submitted all the supporting documents the same day (May 17th), I found out that they were not received during a call with IRCC on May 26th which is past the due date stated.
IRCC agent advised to submit through webform which I did on May 26th and she confirmed on May 29th that they were received and uploaded to file for officer review. However on my portal it still says "we require additional documents from you..."

The agent also said background is in progress, could this be because of the police clearance certificate requested? Given that I provided it on May 26th, do you know how long it takes approximately to get a police clearance reviewed/verified and have background check complete?

Also, im on a PGWP that expires in Oct 2023, I did not opt in due to the issue of people getting shorter than 18 months promised. Do you advise I apply for extension online around September or go for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway ?

thanks once again @CherAmie

Narender kaur

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
Thank you so much!!! this is really helpful than what I would hear after a consultation with "immigration lawyer"
On the ADRs - they were requested on May 17th with a deadline for May 24th 2023 except police clearance (due on July 24th) although I submitted all the supporting documents the same day (May 17th), I found out that they were not received during a call with IRCC on May 26th which is past the due date stated.
IRCC agent advised to submit through webform which I did on May 26th and she confirmed on May 29th that they were received and uploaded to file for officer review. However on my portal it still says "we require additional documents from you..."

The agent also said background is in progress, could this be because of the police clearance certificate requested? Given that I provided it on May 26th, do you know how long it takes approximately to get a police clearance reviewed/verified and have background check complete?

Also, im on a PGWP that expires in Oct 2023, I did not opt in due to the issue of people getting shorter than 18 months promised. Do you advise I apply for extension online around September or go for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway ?

thanks once again @CherAmie
After 2 3 days you will get acknowledgment that they received your document and status will change to documents under review and after few days you get GU otherwise I’d they need something else they will send another ADR or pr portal

Reactions: Redan33

Camash002

May 31, 2023
Durosinmi Yusuf, a military personnel officer, currently serving.
I submitted my application on 31/05/2023
On express entry with my common spouse. I await a vibrant update on how my aims & objective can be achieved. Thanks & God bless

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Applied 5th June 2021 essential, non-health
AOR 17 Feb 2022, E0026
ADR 23 Feb 2022
BIL fees 27 Feb 2022
BIL request 9 May 2023
BIL submitted 11 May 2023
ADR request 11 May 2023

GU for documents being reviewed and background in process 30 May 2023

Primary office Whitehorse, secondary office Sydney centralized intake office; two notoriously slow horses of the entire IRCC network.
you will get it on June

• Love
Reactions: Ash05