Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality:Cancelled
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled

Can someone please explain what’s the meaning of “Cancelled” for Criminality and Other Reqs ?
Maybe doesn’t mean anything my profile say “ everything “ In progress “ andbackground check N/A and I got my pr confirmation and portal request this week and my account didn’t updated.

Reactions: July14

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Maybe doesn’t mean anything my profile say “ everything “ In progress “ andbackground check N/A and I got my pr confirmation and portal request this week and my account didn’t updated.
you will get it soon ! I got mine 20 days after my medical change to “passed “

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi everyone, I received my first GCMS note that I applied 3 weeks ago;

Eligibility: In Progress
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality:Cancelled
Org Crime:
Misrepresentation:
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled

Can someone please explain what’s the meaning of “Cancelled” for Criminality and Other Reqs ?
I don't want to cause a heart attack but there is some evidence on this forum, that 'cancelled' steps could mean that they are reviewing & preparing for a rejection: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/security-“cancelled”-what-does-it-mean.737660/

However, it could also say 'cancelled' if an agent accidentally ordered a second check & needed to cancel one.
  • Please make sure you have provided everything they've asked for and that they have acknowledged receiving it. If you are concerned that an ADR response was not received, resubmit it by webform with an explanation that you've submitted it but have not received acknowledgement of its receipt and therefore are resending it.
  • Check with a reputable immigration rep to ask if they know more about 'cancellations' & rejections.
  • Make sure your status in Canada is extended for as long as possible (for example, apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway valid until Dec 31, 2024, or TRV, or Study, or whatever applies best) and that your passport is also not about to expire, so that you have time to work on a request to re-open your file and provide updated/corrected info (if they've made an error in rejecting it), or so that you have time to review other IRCC programs to apply on.
  • Anybody out there with more advice or this exact experience?
I hope this is not your situation and that you get PR soon, but best to be prepared.

• Sad

July14

Apr 27, 2023
I don't want to cause a heart attack but there is some evidence on this forum, that 'cancelled' steps could mean that they are reviewing & preparing for a rejection: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/security-“cancelled”-what-does-it-mean.737660/

However, it could also say 'cancelled' if an agent accidentally ordered a second check & needed to cancel one.
  • Please make sure you have provided everything they've asked for and that they have acknowledged receiving it. If you are concerned that an ADR response was not received, resubmit it by webform with an explanation that you've submitted it but have not received acknowledgement of its receipt and therefore are resending it.
  • Check with a reputable immigration rep to ask if they know more about 'cancellations' & rejections.
  • Make sure your status in Canada is extended for as long as possible (for example, apply for the OWP under TR to PR Pathway valid until Dec 31, 2024, or TRV, or Study, or whatever applies best) and that your passport is also not about to expire, so that you have time to work on a request to re-open your file and provide updated/corrected info (if they've made an error in rejecting it), or so that you have time to review other IRCC programs to apply on.
  • Anybody out there with more advice or this exact experience?
I hope this is not your situation and that you get PR soon, but best to be prepared.
I called IRCC today, the agent said your eligibility is in progress and they've received the additional document I submitted on March 7, 2023. There's no update made on the application since then.
What should I do next?

Reactions: CherAmie

July14

Apr 27, 2023
There's also a note on GCMS notes;
**Batch Note** Item(s) received on this date, see incoming correspondence for details. Verification line cancelled as requested document(s) received where applicable. 2023/03/10

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
There's also a note on GCMS notes;
**Batch Note** Item(s) received on this date, see incoming correspondence for details. Verification line cancelled as requested document(s) received where applicable. 2023/03/10
So, it can be difficult to interpret some notes, but perhaps the 'cancelled' note is referring to this cancelled 'verification line' after they received your new Schedule A. There may be nothing to do next but wait. I was only urging you to make sure all your doc's are in and that you make sure your status is valid in Canada for as long as possible ... just in case something goes wrong. I'm truly hoping that the 'cancelled' notation is just IRCC correcting an internal matter. Be positive but be prepared to extend your validity in Canada, if needed. Best wishes!

Again, anyone out there with advice or experience with a 'Cancelled' Criminality status?

aman11200

Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone,
I got a reply from IRCC today in my online account. It’s a letter requesting my information like name, UCI, entry date etc.
They said that they tried to contact me by email but I didn’t reply so they sent this letter now.
but the email in that letter is wrong, I don’t know how they got it wrong.
Anyway, I sent them my information from my actual email.

does anyone know if I’m supposed to reply to the email instead of sending a new one?
I can’t reply because they sent the email to a wrong address so I just sent a new email.

will this Cause any delays?
And which email am I supposed to reply to? There was an email in the letter I replied to that, but I don’t know if it’s the right one.
IRCC.ClientPortalOntario-OntarioClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

July16

Apr 21, 2023
Hi , i applied under essential workers - non health care in July 16. Application starts with E00272 ….
I have got aor in july 2022, and got biometrics done in October. No update after October. My work permit is expiring in next year july 2024 and I don’t have enough points to apply in express entry or neither do i have a lmia.
I am very tensed . Everytime i reach out to Ircc officer they says no changes since October.
Is there anyone in same situation?
I don’t know if i should wait for tr to pr or apply thorugh something else without spending time on this?
Please leave relative comments, it will be much appreciated

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thank you for your reply!
If you don’t mind me asking, did you get any ADR after you have given your medical exam? And how long after that you got portal request?
Thanks again
Sorry for missing your question earlier. Per my signature, I did not have any ADRs. My new medical was passed on June 11, 2022 and I received PR portal request Jan 24, 2023, with no correspondence in between and no update in my account until eCOPR received on Feb 13.

Last edited: