+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

16july

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
my spousal open work under tr to pr pathway for my spouse( he is in india) got refused twice ...first saying i did not pay the fees....second time refused because they say i don't have noc b right now...they are doing wrong.....

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Hi
Thanks alot for replying to my post,
By few times I am 11 times in 5.5 years.
My study permit is valid till this July so only 2 months left.
The last subject that is left is a core subject, so I have to pass it there is no way i can get around it.
Yes , I am pushing hard on my department and university, have already talked to student union as well about my situation if they can give me another chance to take that subject so I can pass and get my degree.

Thanks
Yo
I got the note from CSIS, it only says this

Security Assesment/Advise-CSIS PPU 005- A search of this bank was conducted and no personal information concerning you was located.

Thats it.
yeah I received the same

Reactions: Ash05

PRJuneChaser

Star Member
Feb 1, 2023
u see every post that is anti me, you will find CherAmie liking it. & then she acts she doesn’t have any grudges against me. I have noticed it since several months.
So will PR make you a better person? ...am not judging but then see a counselor if you can...Canada can destroy ple and it seems things r taking a toil on you and instead of dealing with ur problems....they r all brought into this forum, and refugees, and mps.....and CherAmie....we need to coexist...just curious how u relate with ple out there...pls gv us a break...

Kahuda

Dec 3, 2021
Apply for an "OWP under the TR to PR Pathway" right now, before your Study Permit expires. You will be able to work while you wait for PR and/or wait for a year to go by so you can complete your degree. Personally, I do not recommend that you leave the country until you have your OWP but you can leave, but you could go on a brief vacation home. If you have no money and need to go home, IRCC should not reject your PR for being out of the country. IRCC will not issue you a new Study Permit until your probation at school is over so a TRV or the OWP is highly advisable. (Double check the details on your probation period -- often it is only 2 semesters (8 months), not a whole 12 month year.) The issue is that if you leave Canada and do not get PR, you may have issues getting back in a timely way if you have let your status expire. You can go home but complications have happened to others causing longer delays in processing. Best wishes.
Hi CherAmie,

I was just scrolling through the forum and saw your signature says you applied for an OWP in January 2023.
Can I ask you why? On August 10th, 2022 I received a notice of special measure informing me that IRCC might not be able to finalize my PR application by the end of the year and saying they might mail a new work permit but that the conditions on my current work permit will be extended until December 31st 2024.

Do you recommend applying for a BOWP? Or do you think it's unnecessary since I received this notice?

Happy victoria day all!

Narender kaur

Star Member
Mar 3, 2022
my spousal open work under tr to pr pathway for my spouse( he is in india) got refused twice ...first saying i did not pay the fees....second time refused because they say i don't have noc b right now...they are doing wrong.....
hello sir I was thinking to apply for it can we apply for that like it has to be owp under tr to pr or it can be pgwp

Ash05

Oct 26, 2018
You didn’t get my point. I said I should’ve chosen USA. The only downfall would’ve been the gun violence there
Same here, I could have gone to states and I would after P.R. you can ho to universities or invest in usa and pay local fees and local treatment as Canadian p.r.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hi CherAmie,

I was just scrolling through the forum and saw your signature says you applied for an OWP in January 2023.
Can I ask you why? On August 10th, 2022 I received a notice of special measure informing me that IRCC might not be able to finalize my PR application by the end of the year and saying they might mail a new work permit but that the conditions on my current work permit will be extended until December 31st 2024.

Do you recommend applying for a BOWP? Or do you think it's unnecessary since I received this notice?

Happy victoria day all!
Hi Kahuda,

I actually applied for the OWP in June 2022, and received it in Jan of 2023. The reason I applied last June is because IRCC reissued me a Study Permit at that time but made an error stating that I was not eligible to work off campus, when I had already been a student for years and had already been working off campus. I chose to do the following to remedy this:
  1. To correct the error on my Study Permit, I got the Dean of my program to write a letter stating that I did qualify to work off campus as an international student and he corrected a misinterpretation that the agent had made regarding my program of study.
  2. As a back up, just in case the agent did not accept the Dean's explanation, I also submitted an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway' application because I was eligible. I had not yet graduated so I could not apply for a PGWP or extension.
  3. And, because my Study Permit was set to expire in March of 2023, I also wanted to be extra cautious (with all the back-ups I could think of just in case PR processing took even longer) and take advantage of the fact the the 'OWP under TR to PR' extended my valid status out to Dec 31, 2024.
As it turns out, IRCC corrected my Study Permit to allow me to work off-campus. My OWP was approved in Jan 2023, but technically was not really necessary because I received the first PR email 3 days later. So, for me, the OWP was a back up plan to extend my stay & work in the event of issues or bad news.

It seems to me that you are in a good spot. As long as you are sure that you have valid status until Dec 31, 2024, you have time on your side. Keep your passport up to date and extended for as long as possible. If you are out of status (or some other PGWPs out there fall out of status) in 2023, read this from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/03/canada-announces-extension-of-post-graduation-work-permits-for-up-to-18-months-to-retain-high-skilled-talent.html

Canada announces extension of post-graduation work permits for up to 18 months to retain high-skilled talent

Foreign nationals whose PGWP has already expired in 2023 and those who were eligible for the 2022 PGWP facilitative measure will also have the opportunity to apply for an additional 18-month work permit. Those with expired work permits will be able to restore their status, even if they are beyond the 90-day restoration period, and will receive an interim work authorization while awaiting processing of their new work permit application.​

Based on IRCC's stated priority to 'finish' TR to PR this year (2023) you should get PR this year, hopefully soon. If processing slides into 2024, you still have the option to apply for the above, a BOWP or any new temporary policies that IRCC may put out providing additional extensions for TR to PR Pathway applicants still in processing.

Best wishes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kahuda

Kahuda

Dec 3, 2021
Hi Kahuda,

I actually applied for the OWP in June 2022, and received it in Jan of 2023. The reason I applied last June is because IRCC reissued me a Study Permit at that time but made an error stating that I was not eligible to work off campus, when I had already been a student for years and had already been working off campus. I choose to do the following to remedy this:
  1. To correct the error on my Study Permit, I got the Dean of my program to write a letter stating that I did qualify to work off campus as an international student and he corrected a misinterpretation that the agent had made regarding my program of study.
  2. As a back up, just in case the agent did not accept the Dean's explanation, I also submitted an 'OWP under TR to PR Pathway' application because I was eligible. I had not yet graduated so I could not apply for a PGWP or extension.
  3. And, because my Study Permit was set to expire in March of 2023, I also wanted to be extra cautious (with all the back-ups I could think of just in case PR processing took even longer) and take advantage of the fact the the 'OWP under TR to PR' extended my valid status out to Dec 31, 2024.
As it turns out, IRCC corrected my Study Permit to allow me to work off-campus. My OWP was approved in Jan 2023, but technically was not really necessary because I received the first PR email 3 days later. So, for me, the OWP was a back up plan to extend my stay & work in the event of issues or bad news.

It seems to me that you are in a good spot. As long as you are sure that you have valid status until Dec 31, 2024, you have time on your side. Keep your passport up to date and extended for as long as possible. If you are out of status (or some other PGWPs out there fall out of status) in 2023, read this from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2023/03/canada-announces-extension-of-post-graduation-work-permits-for-up-to-18-months-to-retain-high-skilled-talent.html

Canada announces extension of post-graduation work permits for up to 18 months to retain high-skilled talent

Foreign nationals whose PGWP has already expired in 2023 and those who were eligible for the 2022 PGWP facilitative measure will also have the opportunity to apply for an additional 18-month work permit. Those with expired work permits will be able to restore their status, even if they are beyond the 90-day restoration period, and will receive an interim work authorization while awaiting processing of their new work permit application.​

Based on IRCC's stated priority to 'finish' TR to PR this year (2023) you should get PR this year, hopefully soon. If processing slides into 2024, you still have the option to apply for the above, a BOWP or any new temporary policies that IRCC may put out providing additional extensions for TR to PR Pathway applicants still in processing.

Best wishes!
Thanks for your reply! Just wanted to make sure you didn't know anything that I didn't catch, like we had to apply for a new WP.
Glad to see I can relax for now.

Reactions: CherAmie

Oluwabusolami

Dec 2, 2022
Hello everyone. Kindly help with my dilemma. I submit my POF document to ircc but I got a mail from them later saying the document was not received and I need to send my updated POF document.
I initially submitted a POF containing my liquidation of investment but I'm unable to get supporting document like a Certificate of liquidation. Is it okay to do a gift deed at this point and submit as my POF?

Houzi11

Apr 4, 2022
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows the timeline or how long it takes to receive ecopr from the day photo and address are submitted in portal? I appreciate ya’ll!