+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

fukahachiru

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Just the N/A for now. Hopefully someone was able to get a hold of an agent to see what is going on though
yeah. some people called IRCC but they said their application has nothing change, like their criminality is still in progress. They asked IRCC agent what happened with N/A and they said they had no idea

• Angry
Reactions: maxiie

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
Mine too,
Background check
  • Not applicable.
I saw someone on facebook talked with IRCC:

Just finished talking to IRCC agent.I asked about the status of my application and asked about the background check and he said that my background check is still in progress.I asked why in my gckey is saying that it is N.A already and he said he dont have any idea.he dont want to give speculations but one thing is for sure he said,background check still in progress

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
But there are some different explanation, it comes from EE processing experience :

https://www.justforcanada.com/9-from-aor-to-ppr.html?fbclid=IwAR1iJJZI3ZtsJ7D1lOvVdemmJLlmH0EP2PqqLcEYoyuOu1TkXDnYmkvIbPY#/

Status updates from AOR to PPR
Generally, your application will follow the following path after receiving the AOR. This is the trend which is happening with most of the applicants. It may or may not match with your application process:

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA1) - As soon as you submit your EE application, and receive your AOR, the "Background check" section of your application status will say "Not applicable.". This status will generally not change until your medical results are reviewed and validated.

• Review of medical results: Medicals passed (MEP) - Approximately one month after your AOR, you should receive this message: “You passed the medical exam“. It will typically take more time for applicants with a provincial nomination.

• Background check: In Progress (IP1) – Either the same day, one or two days after the MEP update, your "Background check" section will change to “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.”.

• Background check: Not Applicable (NA2) – After your IP1 is finished, your "Background check" section will revert to "Not Applicable.". Most of the time, IP1 only takes a few hours, and if you do not check your account during that short window, you will miss the update.

• Background check: In Progress (IP2) – The "Background check" status message will change to “We are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information“. After completion of the IP2 stage, the Passport Request (PPR) e-mail is sent if the applicant already paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fees upfront. PPR e-mails are taking 7-20 days after the IP2 stage.

• Background Check: Not Applicable (NA3) – This means that IP2 is finished. This "Background check" status will not be displayed in some cases, and PPR is triggered while the IP2 status is still visible.

• PPR: Passport Request - You will receive the golden e-mail directly to your e-mail account and you may not get an update in your Express Entry account. You should check your junk e-mail folder, as the e-mail does not come from IRCC but from your country's embassy (usually).
  • CoPR: Confirmation of Permanent Residence

Reactions: KIKI@KIKI

zhangji80

Star Member
May 26, 2022
No matter which kind of message or potential information behind it, I think IRCC's information system is stupid and disorganized.
It should give the client clear and predictable information, actually I don't care how long the time it gonna take from me, but if it is a good enough system, I can arrange my family and life plans, we're talking about years not weeks right?
But right now, it is hopeless, confused and inexplicable, it is a disgrace to this country.

Last edited:

KIKI@KIKI

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
No matter which kind of message or potential information behind it, I think IRCC's information system is stupid and disorganized.
It should give the client clear and predictable information, actually I don't care how long the time it gonna take from me, but if it is a good enough system, I can arrange my family and life plans, we're talking years not weeks right?
But right now, it is hopeless, confused and inexplicable, it is a disgrace to this country.
That is so true for sure. IRCC system is confusing on its own. That is why agents also said they dont know anything. huh

Paurvi

Jun 10, 2022
Called IRCC, they said it's nothing just a technical glitch. Your file status is the same, no update.
Same here. I think they are using our applications and lives as testers and teasing us for applying under this program.

I don’t understand how hard is it to go through criminality and security check for an individual even though we had provided them required docs such as PCC. My patience