+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Peachesxoxo

Nov 17, 2020
Hello guys! I extended my work permit but my passport was expiring this year so I couldn’t get the full number of years for extension. I have not yet heard on my TRPR app, how do I extend my work permit, I have a new passport now. I have looked online for weeks and can’t seem to find where to go to extend for the second time. Please help

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Is anyone else experiencing this?
I got PR on Feb 9th, 2023 but my PR card application says awaiting registration.
I'm sure it's nothing but I'm scared they'll take it back (I know it's ridiculous but it's been almost 2 months and it's not registered yet)
My PR card took 39 days after photo submission and 23 days after eCOPR. There have been quite a few different card processing times reported on this forum.

The current processing time for first-time PR Cards is 34 days. It was 39 days when mine was being processed, so your's is overdue.

According to IRCC (below) you can submit a solemn declaration at 34 + 42 days = 76 days. So, give it another couple of weeks to a month, then submit a solemn declaration.

"For PR card processing times please visit our website. Please be advised that the estimated processing time does not account for shipping, including any possible shipping delays. If you still have not received your PR card after waiting at least six weeks longer than the normal processing time, you may submit a solemn declaration."

In the meantime, if you haven't already, link your new PR Card application to your GC Account using the date of your eCOPR:

Linking your PR Card to your GC Account key (after you receive eCOPR):
  • Sign in to your GCKey Account home page.
  • Below the list of your Submitted Applications, click on "Add (link) your application to your account."
  • Select the category of Permanent Resident Card.
  • Select 'UCI & Family Name' (I first tried Application Number & Family Name & it didn't recognize it. I entered UCI without a hyphen & entered Family Name in all caps.)
  • Fill in the rest of the info (place of birth, country of citizenship, marital status, etc.) and make sure you enter the date that you received PR as the date printed on your eCOPR (not any of the PR email dates).
  • Then click on 'search for my application', followed by 'link my application'.
Best wishes!

Update: You will eventually see the following message in your account under the PR application details "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive."

Last edited:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello guys! I extended my work permit but my passport was expiring this year so I couldn’t get the full number of years for extension. I have not yet heard on my TRPR app, how do I extend my work permit, I have a new passport now. I have looked online for weeks and can’t seem to find where to go to extend for the second time. Please help
If you initially extended your work permit under the temporary public policy "OWP for TR to PR Pathway", you may apply to extend it out to a maximum of December 31, 2024, which your new passport should now allow. Or if your last extension was under a different program, your can apply for an initial one. From IRCC's application guidelines:

Special instructions for the open work permit for this public policy
When you fill out the work permit application form, enter the following in the “Details of Intended Work in Canada” section:

• Box 1: What type of work permit are you applying for?
    • Select “Open Work Permit”.
  • Box 4: Job title and Brief description of duties
    • If this is your initial open work permit under this public policy
      • Enter “TRPR pathway PP OWP” in the Job Title box.
    • If you’re extending your open work permit
      • Enter “TRPR pathway PP OWP-EXT” in the Job Title box.

Jan 28, 2022
Wait so you applied through EE after applying through the TR to PT?
I might go ahead and do this because this is taking a ridiculous amount of time.
That's right. I opened a new EE in Jan 2022, received my invitation in September, submitted on Sept. 29th and received ECOPR on March 1st.

Reactions: Jb24

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
You can file an official complaint about it to office of information commissioner
Even they fall on deaf ears. Complaining will not speed up the request.

• Angry
Reactions: hopingfortrtopr

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Called again
Agent said no update but necessary action will be taken to complete the processing.
They just fool around. Each agent comes up with new excuse to pass on. They just cook it up instantly. Otherwise the common excuses were - “Covid”, “no processing time”

Last edited:

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Dunno which mf is working on my file :mad: 2 years and can't process a file? Need to be some seriously mentally handciapped person