+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

TRtoPRJuly16

Mar 10, 2023
Check if you & your common-law partner meet the requirements & that you can provide sufficient proof:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-determining-spouse/assessing-relationship.html

If you believe you meet the requirements for common-law, send a webform with proof of your common-law relationship (they may ask for more) and ask for her to be included. Or, get legally married & provide a webform with the marriage certificate, and ask to add her to your application. Waiting to sponsor her later under a Spousal application will require the same proof and take longer, so depending on your personal preferences & timelines, you may want to do it now. Best wishes!
Thank you CherAmie for your quick answer. It is good to know that it might be a possibility.

Reactions: CherAmie

Khhhh

Feb 7, 2022
I need suggestion. Got gu on friday nothing change in my account . Called ircc on monday

Applied 6 may 2021
Boimetrics- 20 october 2021
Aor- 25 october 2021
Adr request- 25 november 2021
Submitted - 30 november 2021
Recieved and update on account- 6 december 2021
Lonnnng silence
In july i noticed gu on my account u do not need medical
Then again silence
GU on 7 september 2022 nothing change in account
GU on 8 september 2022 about medical passed again

long silence.....
Called ircc in october got to know eligibility, medical, security and info sharing passed criminality had not started.
Called multiple times got same response look like no one touch my file
Another GU on 3 march nothing change in profile
Called ircc 6 march and got to know my ciminality passed . According to agent everything has been passed but file is still in processing in whitehorse office .

Someone has an idea how much time now ircc will take to finalize my application.
I open my gc key account 3 to 4 times everyday
But did not get new update yet

Applied BOW undet tr to pr on december 5 2022,did not get any response yet.

i think i am the only one who got aor in 2021 and still waithing....
finally i recieved my ecopr today.
Approval email- 8 march 2023
Portal confirmation- 9 march 2023
Ecopr received- 10 march 2023
Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and positive messages to others.

Can someone help me how to link PR card.
Thanks in advance.

taranvirmodi

Oct 15, 2017
Hi
I have a doubt please anyone clear it.
I got the approval letter for my pr and informed about the marriage while i was in india.
Ircc sent the ADR for SPOUSE. I sent all the docs they requested.
Can someone please tell me that

1. do i have to wait in india or i can travel to canada on my work permit.

Or

2. I have to wait for wife to be added and reviewed and then i can travel with her.

I really want to come back and not wait for eternity for spouse to be added.

Pocketlive

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hello. Quick one please and I will appreciate your response on this.
I got an ADR request to submit a new IMM 008 form. This is because I added my stepson in my previous application but I did not add is information on the previous form I filled because he I felt since he wasn’t accompanying, there was no need. My spouse had this child out of wedlock so the boy stays with his mum. The issue now is there is a space for my spouse information where they asked if he has had a previous marriage or a common law relationship. Do you think I should include my stepson mother’s name in this space or leave it blank? And what is the implication of this.

They were never in a defined relationship because it was a on and off kind of thing and they have both gone their separate ways except that my husband send monthly upkeep to his son and pays his school fees.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Important: Hey guys I am in a bad condition. My passport was stamped and delivered to my St. John’s, NL address. I had moved to Toronto last month but had my previous ups mailbox address. It was safely delivered to it. But here is when the problem begins, I know I should have travelled and collected it in person but now it’s late, please help and suggest.

So I requested the ups store guy in St. John’s to send my passport and 2 other mails through XpressPost to my Toronto ups store address. There’s only 1 update since March 9th of item being processed at St. John’s, NL and nothing after that. Just stuck “in transit”. My previous packages were delivered in less than a day. But this one has not even been scanned at destination facility yet. I am fearing the worst that they lost my passport and my other 2 mails including 1 cra mail. What to do? I don’t have a job here, don’t have a residential address, I am super stressed.

Please help me what to do, how longer I can wait? Is it lost for real? I am repenting not travelling and collecting it in person. Please tell me the procedure step by step to request a new Indian passport and timeline for it. I needed to go home asap. Would they mail the new passport to residential address? Can’t they mail it to my ups mailbox in Toronto? I am still in Airbnb here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Important: Hey guys I am in a bad condition. My passport was stamped and delivered to my St. John’s, NL address. I had moved to Toronto last month but had my previous ups mailbox address. It was safely delivered to it. But here is when the problem begins, I know I should have travelled and collected it in person but now it’s late, please help and suggest.

So I requested the ups store guy in St. John’s to send my passport and 2 other mails through XpressPost to my Toronto ups store address. There’s only 1 update since March 9th of item being processed at St. John’s, NL and nothing after that. Just stuck “in transit”. My previous packages were delivered in less than a day. But this one has not even been scanned at destination facility yet. I am fearing the worst that they lost my passport and my other 2 mails including 1 cra mail. What to do? I don’t have a job here, don’t have a residential address, I am super stressed.

Please help me what to do, how longer I can wait? Is it lost for real? I am repenting not travelling and collecting it in person. Please tell me the procedure step by step to request a new Indian passport and timeline for it. I needed to go home asap. Would they mail the new passport to residential address? Can’t they mail it to my ups mailbox in Toronto? I am still in Airbnb here
I would first request that UPS put a trace on your mail. Sorry, I don’t know anything about replacing a passport from India but I would ask the Consulate General of India (in Toronto) for assistance and/ or at least start by following this message posted on their website:

“For any queries related to Visa, Passport, OCI, Surrender Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate, please call BLS helpline at +1 289 498 1320. In case of death of immediate family members, for visa/passport services please call/message/WhatsApp at +1 647 6684108 (This number is available after office hours only).” Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello. Quick one please and I will appreciate your response on this.
I got an ADR request to submit a new IMM 008 form. This is because I added my stepson in my previous application but I did not add is information on the previous form I filled because he I felt since he wasn’t accompanying, there was no need. My spouse had this child out of wedlock so the boy stays with his mum. The issue now is there is a space for my spouse information where they asked if he has had a previous marriage or a common law relationship. Do you think I should include my stepson mother’s name in this space or leave it blank? And what is the implication of this.

They were never in a defined relationship because it was a on and off kind of thing and they have both gone their separate ways except that my husband send monthly upkeep to his son and pays his school fees.
Include the fact that your spouse has a son and a letter of explanation that the son’s mother was not in a common law relationship or marriage with him. And, he can ask IRCC in the letter if they require any further details on the son’s mother. He does not want to be accused of misrepresentation now or in the future if he ever decides to sponsor his son to come to Canada.

MMK2022

Star Member
Feb 13, 2020
@CherAmie could you provide some thoughts about my situation? I have an OWP through PGWP that expires in Aug 2024. My son’s passport will expire in April 2023, his TRV also expire in April 2023. I updated his passport and IRCC request it to add to my application.

Now my problem is: should I renew his visa? If yes, under my PGWP or under TR2PR?

thank you for your help XOXO

Skaur37

Star Member
Aug 1, 2018
what is your current status and did u apply for tr to pr prohram for pr
I am holding PGWP and yes I applied under TR to PR IG English stream alone then I added my spouse in december 2021 by a webform. Aor in 21 March, 2022 and everything is passed on file from september 02, 2022. then they requested my current status in canada on january 04,2023 and I uploaded the document same day. but dint get the received email or reviewing my document email yet. I called IRCC three four times but status is still the same Everything passed and received the document but the officer dint review it.

so continue waiting…

16july

Star Member
Feb 15, 2023
I am holding PGWP and yes I applied under TR to PR IG English stream alone then I added my spouse in december 2021 by a webform. Aor in 21 March, 2022 and everything is passed on file from september 02, 2022. then they requested my current status in canada on january 04,2023 and I uploaded the document same day. but dint get the received email or reviewing my document email yet. I called IRCC three four times but status is still the same Everything passed and received the document but the officer dint review it.

so continue waiting…
yes u can apply for owp under tr to pr policy....but i am not sure if u can apply now....because i think u can only apply 4 months before of pgwp expiry...maybe someone can help u better.....all the best.

Reactions: CherAmie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
@CherAmie could you provide some thoughts about my situation? I have an OWP through PGWP that expires in Aug 2024. My son’s passport will expire in April 2023, his TRV also expire in April 2023. I updated his passport and IRCC request it to add to my application.

Now my problem is: should I renew his visa? If yes, under my PGWP or under TR2PR?

thank you for your help XOXO
Is your son under the age of 18 (a minor) or under the age of 22 (and still dependent on you) and what is his current TRV? Visitor or Student? And, it sounds like he is in Canada.

Given your TR to PR timeline, there is a possibility that you will get PR soon but you shouldn't count on that alone. If he is a minor & visitor, I would simply ask for a visitors' extension adding a letter of explanation that you have valid status under a PGWP and have applied for PR under the TR to PR Pathway, which your son is also a part of as your dependent child. At the very least, you will have submitted his visitors' extension application in before the current one expires, keeping your son in 'maintained' status while IRCC is processing the TRV and your PR. I'm sorry that I don't have a definitive answer but I would also call the IRCC call centre and ask for clear direction (see if they confirm what I suggest), and then decide on next steps. (I'm familiar with applying for an OWP under TR to PR but not familiar with extending children's TRVs.) Best wishes.

From IRCC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/extensions-minors.html

Temporary resident extensions for minors
This section contains policy, procedures and guidance used by IRCC staff. It is posted on the department’s website as a courtesy to stakeholders.
Minor children who are applying for an extension of temporary residence in Canada, even when studying without a permit [A30(2)] must satisfy the officer that they intend to reside only temporarily in Canada. (IGNORE THIS COMMENT -- YOUR LETTER OF EXPLANATION SHOULD CLARIFY YOUR SON'S SITUATION.)
Children of parents who are visitors in Canada require a study permit to engage in studies in Canada.
Children of workers or students (or persons without status) may study without a permit, but must maintain their temporary resident status. Officers should grant this status for the same validity period as their parents' status by issuing a vistor record authorizing entry [A29].
A child who held a study permit on entry should be encouraged to apply to renew the study permit in Canada, when the time comes. Once the child is in Canada, they do not legally require a study permit, but they may find it easier to obtain a new TRV and/or study permit in the event that they leave and then seek re-entry into Canada. This is because, while temporary resident status expires automatically upon leaving Canada, a valid study permit indicates that permission to study in Canada still exists (upon the reauthorization of TR status). It is evidence that an officer was satisfied that the child met the requirements of a temporary resident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jb24