+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I recieved CBSA notes today, and the due date for security is April 2023. Does it mean that I my application will be finalized before this date?

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I recieved CBSA notes today, and the due date for security is April 2023. Does it mean that I my application will be finalized before this date?
my due date for criminality is feb 2023 but it still hasn't passed despite providing them both pcc and rcmp :mad:

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hey Guys,

probably a dumb question, but what exactly is pr credentials, pr portal, pr confirmation email??

So yesterday I got an email for which I had to send a reply including my UCI, application #, height etc? What do you call this email?? And what will be the next steps?? If someone could answer these questions and explain me steps that would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Yes, the wording can indeed be confusing! Points 1 & 2 below are not "actual/legal PR" but they are a huge relief when they start coming in. Legal PR occurs at point 3 below, when you actually print off & sign your ECOPR, but ECOPR alone is not enough to travel. For travel, you will need your PR card in point 4 below, or if you card is lost or expired, you will need a PRTD to return to Canada.
  1. The first email you receive should be what we have generally been calling the initial PR confirmation email which may have a subject line like: "Subject: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (Calgary - CGY4604) – App # E00266..." It will ask you these questions for each of you & your immediate family members (spouse, children/dependents), but it does not allow access to the actual portal:
    • Name:
      UCI:
      Application #:
      Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
      Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
      Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
      Location of where you last entered:
      Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
      If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
      If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country)
    • And you will then receive an automated reply when you send them the info. It will say, "Subject: Automatic reply: Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" which will confirm that "Your application is in our virtual landing queue" and it will provide you with general answers on what to expect next, and a link to more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html
  2. A few days or a week later, you should receive what we have been calling the PR portal credentials &/or PR portal which may say: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveaux authentifiants pour le Portail de RP."
    • It will provide you with a link to the portal and a temporary password for you to access the portal. There will be instructions to sign in & create a permanent password, then, when you sign back in with your permanent password, you will be asked to confirm that you are in Canada, provide your mailing address (for them to eventually send you the PR card) and you will upload a digital photo (also for your PR card).
    • After submitting the above info/photo, you will receive an automated reply like: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - Your PR Confirmation case has been successfully submitted | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - votre dossier de confirmation de RP a été soumis avec succès" advising you that you have successfully submitted the required information to confirm your status as a permanent resident in Canada, that an IRCC case worker will send you a message if further information is required, and if the information is complete, your status as a permanent resident will be confirmed and your permanent resident card will be printed and mailed to you.
  3. And then, about 2 to 4 weeks later, you should receive 2 emails (mine arrived 2 minutes apart). We have been calling this receiving ECOPR with subject lines like: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - eCoPR Available for Download | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - CRPe prête à être téléchargée" followed by "Subject: Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! E00266..."
    • The first will instruct you that your ECOPR is available to download from the portal.
    • The second will provide Instructions for your eCoPR document (print & sign & save it 'forever'), what you can do & apply for with your eCoPR, and when you can expect to receive your PR card in the mail.
  4. PR card -- mailed to you 2-8 weeks later (according to yesterday's processing times as stated online).
I can't guarantee that all of the landing offices are using the same subject lines but I hope this give you a better understanding of the general PR portal/landing steps. Each email has more instructions than what I summarized above so don't worry about the details too much -- follow the instructions & you should be fine.

And lastly, I'm not sure why you were asked for your height?

Still waiting for my PR card. Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
My GCMS/CBSA notes had a due date on security & a few other steps as May 9, 2023, which was the day before the one year anniversary of my AOR. So I was hoping to get PR at least in May. Luckily I received my first PR email on Jan 24, 2023, while others have passed their 'due dates' without any updates. It is rather unpredictable.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
be it waiting for pr or trv or even government job applications under this Liberal government is a nightmare. such a lazy and unaccountable process and that too in a first world country without repercussions or concerns from general public is simply abysmal. your several months and even years of life get wasted in uncertainty all this while

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
@CherAmie see his spouse owp refused under tr to pr same.
Sorry, I wish I could be more help. Based on my reading of the "OWP under TR to PR" pathway guidelines, I don't understand why they were denied unless they simply applied for a regular OWP while not following the proper instructions for "OWP under TR to PR" or they followed guidelines for a Spousal OWP (SOWP) which, as I understand it, is only for spouses already in Canada. Different programs can use the same generic OWP application form but if you're not following the instructions for the right type of OWP, SOWP or "OWP under TR to PR," your application may not get directed to the correct area for processing. I am truly guessing here, so I can only suggest waiting for PR, re-reading your guidelines & application forms to see if you can see a discrepancy, and/or checking in with a reputable consultant. Best wishes!

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT OF QUESTIONS LATELY ABOUT HOW DO OUTLAND APPLICANTS &/OR THEIR DEPENDENTS GET BACK TO CANADA. I KNOW THAT A TRAVEL PERMIT IS REQUIRED TO GET BACK TO CANADA BUT I DON'T KNOW THE SPECIFIC STEPS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN IT OR IF IRCC WILL PROVIDE THESE FOLKS WITH INSTRUCTIONS AFTER THEY RESPOND TO THEIR FIRST PR EMAIL THAT THEY ARE OUT OF COUNTRY.

ANYBODY STILL OUT THERE WITH THIS EXPERIENCE? WHAT DID YOU DO?

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Oh! My application assignment due date is November 2022, which is passed now. but I didn’t find any due date for criminality
I am speaking from gcms notes, only 1 time I had received them, never received them again. Other time I got CBSA notes. Oh yeah, add this too, can't even work on gcms. Failure across all sections.

Just like Captain Planet - IRCC backlogs, GCMS notes, Government jobs, inflation, rental prices, crime........all your powers combine.......I am Captain Liberal lmao

Peter365

Feb 10, 2023
Yes, the wording can indeed be confusing! Points 1 & 2 below are not "actual/legal PR" but they are a huge relief when they start coming in. Legal PR occurs at point 3 below, when you actually print off & sign your ECOPR, but ECOPR alone is not enough to travel. For travel, you will need your PR card in point 4 below, or if you card is lost or expired, you will need a PRTD to return to Canada.
  1. The first email you receive should be what we have generally been calling the initial PR confirmation email which may have a subject line like: "Subject: IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal (Calgary - CGY4604) – App # E00266..." It will ask you these questions for each of you & your immediate family members (spouse, children/dependents), but it does not allow access to the actual portal:
    • Name:
      UCI:
      Application #:
      Email for the Permanent Resident Portal:
      Original entry date (YYYY/MM/DD):
      Date of last time you entered Canada (YYYY/MM/DD):
      Location of where you last entered:
      Are you currently inside Canada? (Yes/No):
      If you are not inside Canada, when is your expected return date?:
      If you are not inside Canada, please specify your current location (city and country)
    • And you will then receive an automated reply when you send them the info. It will say, "Subject: Automatic reply: Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal" which will confirm that "Your application is in our virtual landing queue" and it will provide you with general answers on what to expect next, and a link to more information on the PR Portal, please consult our website: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html
  2. A few days or a week later, you should receive what we have been calling the PR portal credentials &/or PR portal which may say: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - New Credentials for the PR Portal | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - nouveaux authentifiants pour le Portail de RP."
    • It will provide you with a link to the portal and a temporary password for you to access the portal. There will be instructions to sign in & create a permanent password, then, when you sign back in with your permanent password, you will be asked to confirm that you are in Canada, provide your mailing address (for them to eventually send you the PR card) and you will upload a digital photo (also for your PR card).
    • After submitting the above info/photo, you will receive an automated reply like: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - Your PR Confirmation case has been successfully submitted | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - votre dossier de confirmation de RP a été soumis avec succès" advising you that you have successfully submitted the required information to confirm your status as a permanent resident in Canada, that an IRCC case worker will send you a message if further information is required, and if the information is complete, your status as a permanent resident will be confirmed and your permanent resident card will be printed and mailed to you.
  3. And then, about 2 to 4 weeks later, you should receive 2 emails (mine arrived 2 minutes apart). We have been calling this receiving ECOPR with subject lines like: "Subject: PR Portal (PR confirmation) - eCoPR Available for Download | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - CRPe prête à être téléchargée" followed by "Subject: Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident (PR) of Canada! E00266..."
    • The first will instruct you that your ECOPR is available to download from the portal.
    • The second will provide Instructions for your eCoPR document (print & sign & save it 'forever'), what you can do & apply for with your eCoPR, and when you can expect to receive your PR card in the mail.
  4. PR card -- mailed to you 2-8 weeks later (according to yesterday's processing times as stated online).
I can't guarantee that all of the landing offices are using the same subject lines but I hope this give you a better understanding of the general PR portal/landing steps. Each email has more instructions than what I summarized above so don't worry about the details too much -- follow the instructions & you should be fine.

And lastly, I'm not sure why you were asked for your height?

Still waiting for my PR card. Best wishes!
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, They asked for my height as well as my eye colour.

Reactions: CherAmie

AKDHALIWAL

Star Member
Jan 31, 2020
I am speaking from gcms notes, only 1 time I had received them, never received them again. Other time I got CBSA notes. Oh yeah, add this too, can't even work on gcms. Failure across all sections.

Just like Captain Planet - IRCC backlogs, GCMS notes, Government jobs, inflation, rental prices, crime........all your powers combine.......I am Captain Liberal lmao
I ordered gcms in May 2022, never received

Reactions: maxiie

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah, They asked for my height as well as my eye colour.
The only thing I can think of at this stage (after your first PR email) is that they are verifying info related to the preparation of your PR card. I'm still waiting for mine but if PR cards are still the same as they were a few years ago, they have your eye colour & height on the back.

Reactions: El_Jefe