+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello all,

I just realized that I lost my legal status of remaining in Canada while waiting for my TR to PR application to come through. My work permit expires last October. While I have been waiting for it to be automatically extended, as the email I received last August from CIC indicated that I could work until May 2023 (I raised a post about it on this forum last October). However, CIC never mailed the automatic extension of the WP through the snail mail. Sadly I realized that I’ve passed the 90 day restoration date now that my PGWP expired last October.

In this case, it looks I do not have any option but to go back to my home country. Wonder if anyone is in the same boat? I also recently get unemployed, hence I can’t even continue working now that I do not have a valid work permit, even by that email from CIC that I could work until May 2023.

Any advice anyone? I wonder if I go back to my home country, would it affect my TR to PR application? I’m the international student category applied on May 6th 2021. The last and only ADR I received from CIC is May 2022 asking for the biometric fee, which I did as per their request. Thank you!!!!
First, I would take the time to try to get through to the call centre to see if there’s a way to get the work permit extension they promised you. If it looks like you can get it (or some other means of extending your valid status) and it’s good to May 2023, then apply for the ‘OWP under TR to PR Pathway’ before the May expiry to maintain your status if your PR has not yet come through. If the call centre is not helpful, contact an immigration consultant or lawyer (for example, the people at CanadaVisa). You can return to your home country without jeopardizing your TR2PR application.

Reactions: Summer2022

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Finally after a long wait I received my confirmation letter today
Apply 17 June 2021
AOR 12 May 2022
3 GU last one yesterday night
Stream B essential workers
Confirmation email 8 February 2023

I hope all remains ones recivev theirs approval email soon.
I always follow this stream and I am sure all of us will PR soon
Congtats ramin, what province did you apply for?

Reactions: aidinvm

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
OMGGGGG GUYS!
Finally! I got my email confirmation just now!!!
I have to fill in the info and sign in for the portal thingy with the photo and stuff.
Any idea how much time do I have to submit the photo and stuff? if I do it on Saturday will it be fine?

Applied: June 24, 2021 [Stream B, English]
AOR: March 24, 2022
Medical Passed: December 13, 2022
Email Confirmation: February 8, 2023
ECOPR: -waiting
PR Card: -waiting
brooooooooooooooo congratsssssss. its beeeeen comingggggg

hopingfortrtopr

Star Member
Jan 23, 2023
Today i got another ghost update 4th one; nothing changed.
Ghost update pe ghost update[ only and only ghost update]
Ghost update aati rhi jnaab [ only comes the ghost update, Sir]
Nhi aayi to PR nhi aayi [but no sign of PR]
Your honor saab [Your, Honor! I want PR]
youre about to get approval lets gooo . Be patient its coming

PRD98

Nov 10, 2022
Many congratulations to those who received it today. I will still be in this group and forum for other stuff :)
@PRD98 I am not pointing out but just giving hope- yours and my timeline are almost same, please don't give up.

I almost give up by this time- but I would say everyone in this forum, please don't give up. :')
Congratulations!!!!
I will wait another week I've been waiting for almost 20 months, so another week doesn't hurt .
My timeline:
Applied: June 25, 2021
AOR: March 8, 2022
First ADR: March 8, 2022 (new passport)
Second ADR: December 20, 2022 (New PCC)

Wishing everyone the best.

_prabh@25

Aug 7, 2021
Received eCopr today from Calgary office

Approval email - 23rd January (was in India)
Replied back - 31st January ( same day I came back to Canada)
Portal Credentials - 2nd February
eCoPR - 8th February
Congratulations. The wait was long.
Could please tell us if you replied to the approval email when you were in India or you waited to come back?

Rihaan

Sep 5, 2020
OMGGGGG GUYS!
Finally! I got my email confirmation just now!!!
I have to fill in the info and sign in for the portal thingy with the photo and stuff.
Any idea how much time do I have to submit the photo and stuff? if I do it on Saturday will it be fine?

Applied: June 24, 2021 [Stream B, English]
AOR: March 24, 2022
Medical Passed: December 13, 2022
Email Confirmation: February 8, 2023
ECOPR: -waiting
PR Card: -waiting
Did you already get your portal credentials?

Reactions: helpneeded_please