+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hello,
I wish everyone here good luck.

My husband applied for TR to PR in May 2021 and received AOR in May 2022 (including dependent families).

His closed work permit expires on January 16, 2023. So he applied for BOWP in November (including the extension of the permit for all my family) and received the following email from IRCC. It says March 02, 2023.

===========================================================
This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on _____________________ (yyyy/mm/dd).
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 02, 2023, or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
===========================================================

In this situation, his mother in our home country is in critical condition and we have to visit her. We want to stay there for 2-3 months and then come back to Canada.

Q. If we return before March 2, 2023, will his status remain under BOWP processing? So he can keep working (because he applied for BOWP before his WP expired)?
If your husband leaves Canada and want to come back while his current work permit is expired and BOWP is in process, he is not allowed to work until BOWP is approved. This means that at the port of entry, your husband has to show proof of financial support until the application is finalized.
The only situation when you can continue working while waiting for the work permit is to stay in Canada during the processing of the application.
In your case, ask your husband to have a copy of his current work permit + the letter above + proof of financial support for 2-3 months after he is back. Also, make sure his temporary resident visa is valid until the date he is planning to return to Canada.

Reactions: CherAmie

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi everyone
Date applied - July 15, 2021
AOR, BIL request and ADR IMM5756 - 4 July 2022( linked same day)
My account shows :
Biometrics - not required
Medical - not required
Eligibility- reviewing
Add Doc - IMM5756
Background - processing
GU we have recieved the doc. and we are reviewing . - oct6
Contacted MP
She said :

Below is the information that was shared with us.

Medicals passed, but expired. Reworked and valid until November 9, 2023

Criminality is in progress

Security and Eligibility has not started

No outstanding documents requested at this time

Anyone has any idea what will be the next step and how much time it would take.
Processing time varies from person to person and officer to officer.
But here are what the above statement means, if criminality has started, it means that most probably your file has been transferred to Whitehorse office which is responsible for processing TR2PR applications. In this case, it also means that the initial assessment is completed (at Centralized Intake Office).
You can also order GCMS notes which can give you this information. The guide is in my signature.

waitingforPR123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi everyone
Date applied - July 15, 2021
AOR, BIL request and ADR IMM5756 - 4 July 2022( linked same day)
My account shows :
Biometrics - not required
Medical - not required
Eligibility- reviewing
Add Doc - IMM5756
Background - processing
GU we have recieved the doc. and we are reviewing . - oct6
Contacted MP
She said :

Below is the information that was shared with us.

Medicals passed, but expired. Reworked and valid until November 9, 2023

Criminality is in progress

Security and Eligibility has not started

No outstanding documents requested at this time

Anyone has any idea what will be the next step and how much time it would take.
yeah there is no time period on when you're file will be processed. I'm also in the same position as you, my criminality has been under process for the past 8 months. security and eligibility not started. info sharing complete. medical passed then expired.

yuaki123

Oct 23, 2018
Hi, is anyone is in the same boat as my friend?
They applied for TR-PR on May 2021 and finally got approved September 2022. They created their PR landing portal and uploaded requested photos and made declaration that they are present in Canada within 4 days of receiving the approval letter.
Until today, there has been no update, the status on portal said the officer is reviewing their photos and declaration, no COPR has been issued. It is a bit unusual that it would take more than 3 months for COPR to be issued even though the application has been approved. Any thoughts?

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
They applied for TR-PR on May 2021 and finally got approved September 2022. They created their PR landing portal and uploaded requested photos and made declaration that they are present in Canada within 4 days of receiving the approval letter.
Until today, there has been no update, the status on portal said the officer is reviewing their photos and declaration, no COPR has been issued. It is a bit unusual that it would take more than 3 months for COPR to be issued even though the application has been approved. Any thoughts?
https://t.me/+nqyC2NCTWT0wNmJh

kartik Sharma234

Jun 19, 2020
OK, I saw way too many people saying that their employer refused employment letter. They then submitted whatever they could and are waiting for IRCC to deal with employers. The problem is that it is not IRCCs jurisdiction to follow-up with employers who refuse employment letter. That is illegal. No one can deny you employment letter if you worked there (legally). Only reason could be if you were employed on cash...This tactic is used by employers so that they don't have to pay taxes. But it is only possible if you agreed to get paid in cash. It is not illegal to work on cash as long as you pay taxes by yourself and your employer does it too. If the employer is doing something shady and not disclosing your worked hours or your pay and playing with numbers on T4, then they are shody. Please check your paystubs and T4. Employers won't deny employment letters unless they or you as an employee were doing something illegal.

Brother,

i believe you have not seen these people yet, i used to work at transport company and at the end date of my employment year that guy just straight up denied to letter saying that work or he will not provide. Small companies paystub doesn't have positions written on them so these guys manipulate ircc saying that oh this guy worked as a sweeper not the position he actually stated on the application. i have seen it happened in front of me, owner got a call from ircc and he straight up denied that employee lied on the application and please don't issue him PR.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: maxiie

Clei

May 18, 2022
Healthcare Stream English
Single applicant
Applied Oct 31
Application no. E266
Aor apr 21
Biometrics Apr 21
Submitted Biometric Apr 22
Medical passed June 10
No ADR
GU 1 June 10
GU 2 Oct 15
GU 3 Oct 24
Received portal approval email - today Dec 13th

God is good all the time. I pray for all still waiting, may God make it happen for you too.
God bless you

aboelsheem

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Brother,

i believe you have not seen these people yet, i used to work at transport company and at the end date of my employment year that guy just straight up denied to letter saying that work or he will not provide. Small companies paystub doesn't have positions written on them so these guys manipulate ircc saying that oh this guy worked as a sweeper not the position he actually stated on the application. i have seen it happened in front of me, owner got a call from ircc and he straight up denied that employee lied on the application and please don't issue him PR.
to be safe, you have to have your own proof that you worked there. Colleagues, site supervisors etc.. get them to sign a paper that you typed yourself

Alexaaa06

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hello Guys, i got an ADR for background form.
Now i was travelled to India and London in this period. Lets say i was in India from sep- dec 2020. So in activity should i mention that i was travelling/family visit or unemployed?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
There are many people like you atm. Unfortunately, the virtual landing queue has a backlog and eCOPR are getting issues with delays.
I have seen very few people got eCOPR after Sep-Oct 2022.

Ramin_eg

Jan 15, 2022
What I did in total was enough.
I submitted my resignation letter, proof of address, information that the address is my sister's, proof that I could register as an Engineer in my new province, etc. It was a short letter but all proofs were attached.
How long does it take after explaining the intention to leave Quebec and next update if you have any?

Sid_116

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Finally! My Journey ends here! Thank you every one for sharing your timelines, answering questions and sharing frustrations along. I wish you all the best and Merry Xmas and NY!

Applied:
May 06th 2021 , 8:55 pm Est.(IG Stream)
Jan 04th : submitted change of status from single to married via webform.
AOR: Feb 15th
Linked: Feb 15th
Medical : passed- Feb 15th
ADR for PCC & Spouse related documents : Feb 15th
ADR Docs submitted: my PCC, Wife Medicals
Docs Received: April 20 & dependent added to file and can be viewed in secure account.
Medical Passed again: April 20
Bio-metrics: July 25
Medical Passed again: Sep 23
GU 1: Oct 18
Portal request: Dec 13th

I have one last question. I received the portal request asking to confirm email address so that they can send me the portal credentials. Now that I am planning for a vacation from Dec 18 to Jan 03 in USA. Can I ask them to send me the credentials after that? or Should I respond to the email after my vacation? There is no deadline provided in the email. I would appreciate if anyone can help!

@SmzAmir I am counting on your response too. Please help.