+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Eddy17

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Finally Got the AOR today which should be sent at Dec 2021.
I found it is missing from the GCMS note at the end of May 2022 and called for re-send at June 2022.
:eek:
Congratulations I hope all we soon
Trick and tip
Try to call them (Thursday or Friday to get latest updates / week) around 2-3.30 then waited for 54 seconds, then press 2 and then 3 then 2 then 2 and 0.

If you have better luck the automatic line will be transferred you to the next available agent service. And then again!
waited at least +30 minutes to speak with agent (real person)
Thanks

Reactions: cantoxxyyzz

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Got this from my mp:

After speaking with IRCC, eligibility remains in progress. You should have received a request to submit documentation yesterday from IRCC.

I replied that I haven't received anything by email and my gckey messages are empty.
Can someone help?
I would give it a a day or two. Some things may be batched and sent out on evenings or weekends. I would also send a webform saying what you’ve said above, that it hasn’t been received and could they resend it. It’s slow so get that started ASAP. Of course, make sure they have all of your current contact information. In the meantime, call IRCC again and ask them to put a note on the file that nothing has been received (if they will do that, if you can get through, if they haven’t done it already). MPs don’t appear to get any more information than we can see. Let us all know what happens. Best wishes.

Reactions: HopefulCanadian!!

Ap dhillon

Aug 1, 2022
Brampton
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Whitehorse
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi all PR chasers and new Canada Permanent Resident,
Do you have any idea about time frame " Your applications have been passed and completed all steps, and moved to the virtual landing "

Any idea/suggestion for this situation ? please share your experienced be kind of you thank you!

Primary office = Whitehorse
Secondary office = Calgary

Latest updated on NOV 10 2022 (Spoke with IRCC agent)
Hii, can I know when did you applied and which stream ? Because, I can’t see you profile and signature.

Reactions: cantoxxyyzz

justjessieee

Nov 8, 2022
Hey all. I am in a bit of a situation if anyone can help as I try to apply for an open work permit.

Background
Applied PR June 12th 2021.
Returned to Australia in September 2021 for a family emergency.
Work permit expired Feb 2022.
Returned to Canada in March 2022 on a visitor visa.
Was unable to get my work visa extended or implied status as I was not in the country. Spoke to 2 immigration consultants about this. Very unhelpful.
Visitor visa extended until April 15th 2022.
My passport expired next year so got a new one so I can apply for this Open Work Permit.
Was accepted to apply for open work permit and am filling out forms

HERE IS MY PROBLEM
In the eligibility form I answered the following:

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
Visitor

When does your status in Canada expire?
Date

April 15, 2023

In the form Imm5710e - I followed the guide exactly on how to fill it out for an open work permit. I have in there I am on a visitors visa. I require restoration of status etc.

7: Current country or territory of residence:
Canada
Other: Requires restoration

When I upload the document it states the following:

Error: We couldn't upload your file.
  • Error Description:
    Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.

I tried to change number 7 to put in my visitor visa with the dates EXACTLY as on the eligibility but it comes up with the same.

I don't know what to do! Anyone had something similar happen?
I tried calling the IRCC during the week multiple times but can't get through to anyone.

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey all. I am in a bit of a situation if anyone can help as I try to apply for an open work permit.

Background
Was unable to get my work visa extended or implied status as I was not in the country. Spoke to 2 immigration consultants about this. Very unhelpful.
My passport expired next year so got a new one so I can apply for this Open Work Permit.

HERE IS MY PROBLEM

Visitor

Date

April 15, 2023

In the form Imm5710e - I followed the guide exactly on how to fill it out for an open work permit. I have in there I am on a visitors visa. I require restoration of status etc.

Canada

• Error Description:
    Your status expiry date in the answer you provided previously does not correspond to the Restoration in your form. Modify your answers or the value in your form.

I tried to change number 7 to put in my visitor visa with the dates EXACTLY as on the eligibility but it comes up with the same.

I tried calling the IRCC during the week multiple times but can't get through to anyone.
You can change it to the dates if it allows you to do so. But attached the letter of explanation explaining all the details so that officer knows what is happening with your WP application. Make sure to follow the Tr2pr WP guidelines properly so that you do it correctly the first time. The good thing is that you have valid status till Apr 2023. Hopefully, you will get PR approval before that.

Egg Head

Nov 12, 2022
I need your help on this; I have a work permit till 2025 (LMIA), wife has OWP expiring end of the month. We have applied for TR2PR Healthcare. Wife needs to extend her OWP. I looked at the instruction on the Temporary Pub Policy TR to PR. The condition for dependant is that Primary applicant should have applied for OWP under same pub policy. I don't need any extension for now and my WP is not open.
Who understand this better or have been in a similar position? Thank you.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I need your help on this; I have a work permit till 2025 (LMIA), wife has OWP expiring end of the month. We have applied for TR2PR Healthcare. Wife needs to extend her OWP. I looked at the instruction on the Temporary Pub Policy TR to PR. The condition for dependant is that Primary applicant should have applied for OWP under same pub policy. I don't need any extension for now and my WP is not open.
Who understand this better or have been in a similar position? Thank you.
Since her open work permit expires at the end of this month, she must apply ASAP in order to maintain her ability to work under maintained status.

I read the instructions the same way you do—that the applicant has to apply first, then the dependent/spouse. You could apply, then her, though in the long run it will likely be rejected because your application would be too early (greater than 4 months before expiry), but perhaps you will have PR long before then.

Would it not be simpler to apply for an extension to her existing Open Work Permit (not under TR2PR)? Perhaps I’m missing some details?

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022

Background

HERE IS MY PROBLEM

Visitor

Date

April 15, 2023

Canada

• Error Description:

Per the instructions:

If you need to restore your status:

When asked “What is your current immigration status in Canada?”, select “Worker”.

AND

If you need to restore your status:
For question 3 in the first section, I am applying for one or more of the following:, make sure you also choose:
Restore my status as a worker
For question 7 In the Personal details
Under Status, select “Other”
Under Other, type in “Requires restoration”
Leave the From and To boxes blank

Follow the instructions exactly. They are counterintuitive, for example, students also have to enter worker in order to correctly have this application routed to the OWP under TR to PR pathway.

Let us know if you we’re able to submit it. Best wishes!

Last edited:

Gippygippy

Aug 10, 2022
For those who were outside canada when they got approval email, Did IRCC ask them to provide proof of return once they return after a few months? We’ve been asked to provide proof of return but I’ve heard that the passport doesn’t always get stamped at arrival ( which is the best proof of return one can provide).