+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

Great2bMe

Oct 29, 2022
Hello All! This is my first post. I've read through many past posts but am still not sure what to do in my case.

Applied TR to PR in June, 2021, Stream B, English.
AOR in May, 2022. No further updates.

I've run out of money to pay tuition fees for next term. I have spent 2.5 full years studying and working under study permit conditions but need 1.5 more to graduate. Was hoping that TR to PR would come through long before now so that tuition under PR would be less and my funds would last longer.
  1. My Study/Work permit expires in May 2023, but if I can't pay tuition in January and am forced to withdraw, I think that this means that I can no longer work under the Study/Work permit. Is that right?
  2. If I apply for an OWP under TR to PR pathway, I cannot apply until 4 months before which would be Feb 2023. Is that right?
  3. But if I already know that I won't be able to continue as a student passed the end of Dec 2022, can I apply for OWP now or is there something else I should be doing or applying for?
Thank you for any advice you may have.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Just my opinion. Lease and bills are not sufficient as you can easily go on lease and change address for billing. Strong proofs which you can show are a job letter from an Ontario employer, ON paystubs, ON Health card, ON driving license. If you have them, send them through a webform and ask the call center agent to put notes on GCMS about the additional proofs sent by you.
I used my bank statements as proof of address. It was strong enough.

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Guys, what is the last date IRCC mentioned they will complete backlogs for tr to pr program? is it Dec 31, 2023? or Dec 31, 2024?
I believe 2024. That's why work permits are being offered up until that date.

Reactions: harkunwar_Singh

Missy_

Sep 23, 2022
Hey guys I applied when I got 1600 hours and they only needed 1560 hours but the thing is I acquired the hours in less than a year of working am I eligible ? Or do I need a whole year of work experience to be eligible in TR to PR?

aboelsheem

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
Hey guys I applied when I got 1600 hours and they only needed 1560 hours but the thing is I acquired the hours in less than a year of working am I eligible ? Or do I need a whole year of work experience to be eligible in TR to PR?
If im not mistaken, i believe the criteria was 1560hrs within the last 3 years (not sure if it was required to be acquired within atleast 1 year.
Another question I have is;
I acquired over 1560hrs over 1.5yrs of a mix of full-time and part-time (i was a student). BUT work did not indicate how many hours i worked because they wouldnt give me a new letter (I instead submitted a year-old employment letter i had needed for some landlord in the past, T4's, Paystubs and a typed paper signed by my site supervisors and colleagues + LOE) . how will they know exactly how many hours i worked?

Missy_

Sep 23, 2022
So what you saying It doesn’t matter how long it took you to get it even if it’s less than a year so long as you have 1560 hours??

Missy_

Sep 23, 2022
No of hours is checked through t4 slips and record of employment so they’ll be able to tell how many hours you worked I guess

Reactions: T0pubo

megapint

Jul 26, 2022
You need minimum 12 months to make the required hours. They count max 30hr a week (at least 1,560 hours) in the past 3 years. You cannot work more hours to make the 1560 in less than 1 year. So if you work say 45 hours a week, they will only take 30hrs. It's impossible to build the hours in less than a year.
Here is the ref: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/tr-pr-pathway/who-can-apply.html#s2_experience

T0pubo

Dec 11, 2021
St. John's/Montreal
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-11-2021
Doc's Request.
14-03-2022
AOR Received.
14-04-2022
Med's Done....
03-11-2021
Hi Everyone,
I applied under Stream B- AOR June 10th

I am worried now. In my employment letter I had all details but NOC Code was not mentioned. Do you think it will create problem for eligibility?
I shared notice of assessment , T4, payslip, hours mentioned, duties mentioned but no NOC code. There is only a line that says as he is Material Handler as per National Occupational classification .

please help
I also didn't have NOC code in my letter. I was approved.

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hope we all hear from them soon. Have just 14months left on PGWP, do you think its okay to change Job and look for NOC jobs. I am with same employer because of worry I might be asked for additional employment verification information.
You are not required to stay with the same employer after you applied. You need only to have been employed on the day you applied and not necessarily for the same company you received your qualifying hours from. Your qualifying hours can also have been accumulated working for more than one company. If you’re worried about verification information, print off all of your historical pay stubs before you leave (covers hours & dates of work) and make sure you get your ROEs (records of employment) when you do resign. I assume you already submitted the required employment confirmation letter with job duties but if you think it was not correct or complete, ask for another one now ‘for immigration purposes’ before you hand in your resignation. And for good measure or if you’re still worried, find/keep your original job offer letter with your title on it and if your company has written job descriptions, save/print that, too. Many people have switched jobs since applying for TR to PR. I changed jobs in July/Aug 2022.

Sak786

Nov 8, 2021
Omg. I am so worried about my application now. I linked my application on Nov 2021. They sent me request letter and saying I didn't pay the fee on Feb 2022 (BUT I actually did pay). And now there is no update, I am so worried. My application is in White horse, that all I know.
You can call IRCC to verify about your payment receipt, if it is not attached to your file you can request them to do it manually by telling them the receipt number. Hope this helps.