+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Quick question: for the Tr to Pr application was it necessary for spouse to also submit a langauge test result ? or was it only required of prinicipal applicant ? If it was not required then for OWP submission for spouse (of Tr to Pr applicant) the spouse also does not need to submit a test results ?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi, I just received the CIC note, my medical is expired , do I need to take the medical again:
No, you do not need to redo the medical exam. In most cases, the officer will extend the validity since you are an inland applicant.
If a new medical exam is required, the officer will send you a medical request form (IMM 5753E).

Reactions: maxiie and teogk89

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Quick question: for the Tr to Pr application was it necessary for spouse to also submit a langauge test result ? or was it only required of prinicipal applicant ? If it was not required then for OWP submission for spouse (of Tr to Pr applicant) the spouse also does not need to submit a test results ?
Language test is only required for the principal applicant

Reactions: T0pubo and fooqs

fooqs

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
I read, someone posted in a facebook post, that after they called up IRCC, an agent said atm all agents are busy with refugees & similar cases. Other streams, including Tr to Pr, will be picked up only after Oct 28th (end of the month). So i am guessing there will be some movement in November, then it will be slow again in December (due to Christmas break & other reasons), and it will pick up again in Jan/Feb

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Guys, what is the last date IRCC mentioned they will complete backlogs for tr to pr program? is it Dec 31, 2023? or Dec 31, 2024?
According to IRCC's last budget earlier this year, it looked like the plan was to clear the last TR2PR applications in 2023, or at least the numbers that had been processed in 2021 and the remaining budgeted for 2022 & 2023 seemed to add up to the approximate 90,000+ applications. BUT, then they extended the validity of OWP under TR2PR to a maximum of Dec 31, 2024, leading many to believe that IRCC might be planning to still be processing applications into 2024. Perhaps a clearer answer will be in the new budget. It's supposed to be released by November 2022. We might have a better indication of their plans soon.

Last edited:

dav1112542

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
According to IRCC's last budget earlier this year, it looked like the plan was to clear the last TR2PR applications in 2023, or at least the numbers that had been processed in 2021 and the remaining budgeted for 2022 & 2023 seemed to add up to the approximate 90,000+ applications. BUT, then they extended the validity of OWP under TR2PR to a maximum of Dec 31, 2024, leading many to believe that IRCC might be planning to still be processing applications into 2024. Perhaps a clearer answer will be in the new budget. It's supposed to be released by November 2022. We might have a better indication of their plans soon.

Thanks for the clarification

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Applied in wrong stream smh. Screw Fraser

Reactions: waitingforPR123

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
I'll keep trying the IRCC call centre but haven't got through today. My girlfriend (a Canadian citizen) & I have been living together for just over 2 years now. We have been to each others family events (Christmas, vacations, birthdays, weddings), and share living expenses, and are committed to each other. Both of our names are on our lease & we just signed our 3rd lease this September. For the first year of living together we we didn't give much thought to ourselves as 'common law' spouses, however, given that we are 2 months into our third year of living together, we now do & plan to notify the CRA of our common law relationship for the 2022 tax year (when we file taxes in March/April 2023). I believe I'm required to keep IRCC up to date on my 'marital' status.

We already know what she would have to complete/provide if she were to sponsor me under a Spouse our Common Law application, and we may do so shortly, however:
  1. Does anyone have advice on notifying IRCC of a common law relationship with a Canadian citizen while a PR or TR2PR application is in process (w/o a spousal application also in process)?
  2. Just send a webform with a letter? Signed by me & my common law spouse?
Your experience is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: PR Dreamer

waitingforPR123

Star Member
Jun 14, 2022
hey guys received my ATIP notes today that I applied for on June 29th 2022.
and its just disappointing:
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
criminality: in progress (for 3-4 months now)
info Sharing: complete
medical: passed but expired.

• Angry
Reactions: maxiie

dav1112542

Star Member
Feb 11, 2022
hey guys received my ATIP notes today that I applied for on June 29th 2022.
and its just disappointing:
Eligibility: not started
Security: not started
criminality: in progress (for 3-4 months now)
info Sharing: complete
medical: passed but expired.
everything same, except my criminality check has been in progress for 6 months

Reactions: maxiie

Ccltheo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Have anyone received the Work permit extension till December 31st 2024 by mail as promised by IRCC for the TRtoPR?