+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Hello,

I’m asking a question on behalf of my friend.

He’s currently waiting on a decision for his tr-pr application, he applied under the French IG stream. He recently submitted a police report, but his work permit is expiring next month. I told him to apply for a bridging open work permit.

Please correct if I’m wrong, couple months ago I read on a website and saw people on this forum talking about IRCC sending emails to people whose work permit were expiring soon to extend their work permit while they still wait on their pr decision? My friend should have gotten an email right?

I’m so confused because I swear I read about it somewhere, now I can’t find anything about it. Or am I trippin lol?

Reactions: T0pubo

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello,

I’m asking a question on behalf of my friend.

He’s currently waiting on a decision for his tr-pr application, he applied under the French IG stream. He recently submitted a police report, but his work permit is expiring next month. I told him to apply for a bridging open work permit.

Please correct if I’m wrong, couple months ago I read on a website and saw people on this forum talking about IRCC sending emails to people whose work permit were expiring soon to extend their work permit while they still wait on their pr decision? My friend should have gotten an email right?

I’m so confused because I swear I read about it somewhere, now I can’t find anything about it. Or am I trippin lol?
It depends. My understanding is that people who applied under the initial OWP for TR to PR pathway were originally given a permit expiring in December 2022. Those people are eligible for automated extensions to December 2024 or to the validity of their passport/travel documents whichever is shorter, if their contact info is up to date, etc. (check the details). Some have received extension emails already & others will be receiving them in October. So if your friend’s work permit was not requested specifically under the OWP for TR to PR pathway, then he/she should apply right away. Does anyone with recent experience in this area have anything to add? I believe there may be extensions also available under the PGWP program—can anyone else comment?

Last edited:
Reactions: T0pubo

SomeoneAsking

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
It depends. My understanding is that people who applied under the initial OWP for TR to PR pathway were originally given a permit expiring in December 2022. Those people are eligible for automated extensions to December 2024 or to the validity of their passport/travel documents whichever is shorter, if their contact info is up to date, etc. (check the details). Some have received extension emails already & others will be receiving them in October. So if your friend’s work permit was not requested specifically under the OWP for TR to PR pathway, then he/she should apply right away. Does anyone with recent experience in this area have anything to add? I believe there may be extensions also available under the PGWP program—can anyone else comment?
It’s his PGWP that’s expiring next month. I guess he’s not eligible for the automated extension. Thanks for help!

Reactions: CherAmie

midousa2006

Jan 27, 2019
Hey guys, I'm sorry that I will ask about something that you already answered a lot of times but I really still don't get it.
If I plan to travel outside Canada in January and I get my ecopr right before that but not my PR card. Can I still travel with my TRV?

jacob1234

Aug 7, 2020
Category........
Other
Hey guys, I'm sorry that I will ask about something that you already answered a lot of times but I really still don't get it.
If I plan to travel outside Canada in January and I get my ecopr right before that but not my PR card. Can I still travel with my TRV?
If you get ecopr, your TRV becomes invalid. You have two options:
1. You can apply for PRTD outside Canada, and you can enter Canada using PRTD. but its processing time can be different based on your home country.
2. You can enter using ecopr from the USA by land.

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I have a question.
My work permit expires next month end.
I already applied my WP under TR to PR policy in June end.
I am not working currently.
As my current work permit is expiring, my EI will stop next month as well.
It will be 4 months at the end of October since I applied for WP but my EI will stop from mid October.
I am just wondering why they're not clearing the backlogs?
When will I get my WP or PR?
It's been 15 months almost since I applied for PR and 3 months for WP.
If they delay it for too long, I might've to end up leaving because of exhaust savings.
What's the current time period for WPs?
Please share your views.

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
TR2PR-IG
Hi all, I just received an update for my TR2PR application. And they are asking "A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669) form bearing an original signature with updated personal, address and travel history since the age of 18 with no gaps in addresses or activities."
Clearly I only filled only 5 rows provided in the document but I have to prepare an extra Word document to support full 10 years I believe.

QUESTIONS:
1-
Is this format okay for "dates, no gaps"?
2020-07 - 2020-12
2020-01 - 2020-06
or it has to be exact same month 2020-06 2020-06 or 2020-07 2020-07?

2-
I'm already providing which city/country I am at under Personal Information in Schedule A, do I have to also mention 2-3 weeks of family visits/travels in Schedule A? I already had provided them in the travel background.

3- I went on vacation and came back right before my TRV+Work Permit ended. (So I am still maintained status)
Do I actually have to inform anything about this to an officer?

4- My marital status changed from single to common-law in the meantime, after informing CIC, they are asking for more information through GCKey portal.
"If your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) is a Canadian citizen or if they have obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you are required to send us a proof of their status (birth certificate, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)."

"If your spouse or CLP is NOT a Canadian citizen or has NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you will need to complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application and examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security). Unless otherwise stated, the following is mandatory whether or not your spouse or CLP decides to accompany you to Canada."

My common law partner is Canadian Citizen/Canada born, in this case is it safe for me to only upload documents like birth certificate, passport, drivers license etc as she is not necessarily accompanying me?

I need to upload Schedule A by Tuesday 09/27 so I really would appreciate the info you may have available for this. Thank you.

Reactions: Lily444

drk9563

Mar 8, 2022
Hi everyone, please I need help and advise. I applied for a work permit extension since February 24th. My current work permit expired on June 9th. It’s 7 months and I haven’t heard a single thing from IRCC. I no longer have OHIP, I need to travel to see my dad, but my visiting visa application was canceled because I don’t have a legal status in Canada. Im sick and frustrated as I don’t know what else to do. I have called several times, they say it’s still in process. I’ve sent multiple web forms. Someone mentioned contacting the local MP. Please how can I contact them? Please does anyone have their contact information, or a directory I can find it from? I stay in Mississauga Ontario. Please help me, I’m mentally drained and it’s affecting my physical health already.
I spoke to IRCC over the phone last month. Rest assured that your right to work in Canada will be protected while waiting for your OWP final decision to be made.

Wpiumi

Star Member
Sep 23, 2021
I have a question.
My work permit expires next month end.
I already applied my WP under TR to PR policy in June end.
I am not working currently.
As my current work permit is expiring, my EI will stop next month as well.
It will be 4 months at the end of October since I applied for WP but my EI will stop from mid October.
I am just wondering why they're not clearing the backlogs?
When will I get my WP or PR?
It's been 15 months almost since I applied for PR and 3 months for WP.
If they delay it for too long, I might've to end up leaving because of exhaust savings.
What's the current time period for WPs?
Please share your views.
I applied OWP April 29 and i got 1 of September
but TR TO PR i Applied June 10 2021 and got AOR November 16 after that no update yet

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I applied OWP April 29 and i got 1 of September
but TR TO PR i Applied June 10 2021 and got AOR November 16 after that no update yet
Thanks, but as per data, the backlogs of WP are gonna rise up to end of this year so time period might stretch. Waiting now

• Wow
Reactions: jacob1234