+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
You can leave and come back to Canada without any problem if you have a valid TRV and WP.
The only thing you need to consider is to come back before the expiry of your current WP.
If it's passed, you'll be allowed to enter with the proof that you've applied for the extension but you won't be able to work anymore until the decision is being made. Therefore, you need to show enough funds to the border officer for the duration of waiting period.

The TR2PR application is useless for you now because you haven't received an approval yet. Therefore, you need to rely on your TRV and WP.
This was enlightening thank you, but also kind of shocking.
I would think that I would be in the "implied" status since I am working + have applied to both PR and WP extension.

1- Are you sure I won't be able to work at all after my WP ends?
2-How do I calculate the funds? even for a few months I believe I have to show something like $1000-1500 a month worth of funds?

Alexaaa06

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
I would think that I would be in the "implied" status since I am working + have applied to both PR and WP extension.

2-How do I calculate the funds? even for a few months I believe I have to show something like $1000-1500 a month worth of funds?
I had a chat with a lawyer about this, when you’re current wp is expired and for extension the decision is under review, you can come back to canada but cannot work.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021

No, you're not in implied status because your current WP is valid. Implied status is when your current permit expires and you're waiting for your extension or your PR.

1- Are you sure I won't be able to work at all after my WP ends? only if you leave Canada and come back after your current WP expires. If you came back before the expiry date, you can continue working until a decision is being made.

2-How do I calculate the funds? even for a few months I believe I have to show something like $1000-1500 a month worth of funds? You can check this link here (per year): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/eligibility.html#money

TheVape

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
No, you're not in implied status because your current WP is valid. Implied status is when your current permit expires and you're waiting for your extension or your PR.

1- Are you sure I won't be able to work at all after my WP ends? only if you leave Canada and come back after your current WP expires. If you came back before the expiry date, you can continue working until a decision is being made.

2-How do I calculate the funds? even for a few months I believe I have to show something like $1000-1500 a month worth of funds? You can check this link here (per year): https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/eligibility.html#money
Okay this answer was exactly what I was looking for.
Of course I am planning to come back before my current WP ends. Therefore, I would still be in Canada while waiting for a decision. As soon as my WP ends by Aug 30, I would still be in Canada (back from travel, arrival Aug 20-21), and awaiting : which should put me in the implied status. Correct?

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
Even EI dept is fucked under this Librandu Govt. waiting since over 70 mins to connect to agent

Kirandeep Kaur Maher

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
Hi guys wanted to update - I applied under tr to pr pathway Health Care Worker stream A English speaking on October 29, 2021 9 pm est. Primary office Sydney
All documents submitted upfront.
AOR received 14 April and application linked same day and medical passed same day as well.
1st ghost update June 19th, 2022 profile updated but nothing changed.
2 Nd ghost update just now changing medical passed to you don't need medical.
However I did not receive any other email or message.
I have also requested gcms notes and CBSA notes a week ago and reached out to my MP 2 weeks ago.
Can anyone comment on how long the process takes from here? Thanks
Also wanted to add just now I received call from MP office -
Application is in Whitehorse.
Criminality in process
Security and eligibility not started yet
Medical passed - but expired on the 9th of this month so they may request it.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Okay this answer was exactly what I was looking for.
Of course I am planning to come back before my current WP ends. Therefore, I would still be in Canada while waiting for a decision. As soon as my WP ends by Aug 30, I would still be in Canada (back from travel, arrival Aug 20-21), and awaiting : which should put me in the implied status. Correct?
Yes, after Aug 30, your status is implied.

Reactions: TheVape

ksenia

Oct 12, 2021
I got my eCOPR on May 25 and still waiting for my PR card. My work permit is still valid until September. I need to travel, does anyone know if I can still travel using my TRV that I got based on my Work Permit?

• Wow
Reactions: maxiie

modmaxbc

Star Member
May 6, 2022
I got my eCOPR on May 25 and still waiting for my PR card. My work permit is still valid until September. I need to travel, does anyone know if I can still travel using my TRV that I got based on my Work Permit?
How long were you waiting for CoPR if I may ask?

Regarding your question, I think you need to apply for the travel document for CoPR. It's on the IRCC website.

Lily444

Sep 10, 2019
Why dont u call ircc pr line ? N let them know...or line pick calls very easily

Reactions: maxiie