+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022

Thank you for this breakdown @CherAmie. I had given up on the application and thought it would be returned as incomplete because I didn’t submit some documents with my application.

Really hopeful now and looking forward to the next steps
I suspect you've already thought of this but now that you have linked & have an application number to reference, you should make sure that you have any missing documents ready to submit upon request, AND you have the option to submit them by webform with a letter of explanation as to why they might have been missed in the original submission. It might cut down on processing time and save them from having to make an ADR (additional document request) to you. Just a thought. Good luck.

Last edited:

kayekaye123

Jun 22, 2022
Hello, been reading everyone’s updates hoping mine will come any sooner but no luck.
Here’s some info I have,

Stream - International graduate (English)
Submitted - May 06, 2021 around 11pm PST
Marital status - Single
Linked - Mar 22, 2022
NO UPDATES TIL THIS DAY.
Contacted my MPs office - June 15,2022
Got a response from MP today (June 22,2022):

“I spoke to iRCC this morning and As of June 22nd:
TR/Permanent Residence, May 6, 2021, Whitehorse office
- Criminality is in progress
(there is no biometrics enrollment number, can she confirm that she did a biometric in January 2022?)
- Other assessments haven't been started
- No pending documents”

IRCC never gave me a request letter for biometrics so I dont know why they even asked to confirm that. Any ideas? Anyone else have the same timeline or thing going on?

Reactions: Clei

CherAmie

Mar 23, 2022
Hello, been reading everyone’s updates hoping mine will come any sooner but no luck.
Here’s some info I have,

Stream - International graduate (English)
Submitted - May 06, 2021 around 11pm PST
Marital status - Single
Linked - Mar 22, 2022
NO UPDATES TIL THIS DAY.
Contacted my MPs office - June 15,2022
Got a response from MP today (June 22,2022):

“I spoke to iRCC this morning and As of June 22nd:
TR/Permanent Residence, May 6, 2021, Whitehorse office
- Criminality is in progress
(there is no biometrics enrollment number, can she confirm that she did a biometric in January 2022?)
- Other assessments haven't been started
- No pending documents”

IRCC never gave me a request letter for biometrics so I dont know why they even asked to confirm that. Any ideas? Anyone else have the same timeline or thing going on?
I haven’t had the same thing, however, I would call IRCC (if you have time to spend trying) or send a webform stating the difference between what the MP has said about your file versus what you’ve received and/or what shows on your account, and ask them what might explain the difference and what steps you should take, if any. Also, double-check that IRCC has your correct email & check your junk email folder for possible IRCC notifications.

Last edited:

Alexaaa06

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
Hey everyone, i have a quick question
I have to apply for bridging work permit and when i am trying to submit it shows i have to pay 0$ is this correct?

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
I have to apply for bridging work permit and when i am trying to submit it shows i have to pay 0$ is this correct?
In this link, did you see the following?

"You’re exempt from paying the open work permit holder fee (CAN$100). Don’t pay this fee.

You must pay the work permit processing fee (CAN$155).

Because you’re exempt from paying one of the fees (open work permit holder fee), you need to pay your fees before you apply online."

Tola02

Sep 21, 2018

I suspect you've already thought of this but now that you have linked & have an application number to reference, you should make sure that you have any missing documents ready to submit upon request, AND you have the option to submit them by webform with a letter of explanation as to why they might have been missed in the original submission. It might cut down on processing time and save them from having to make an ADR (additional document request) to you. Just a thought. Good luck.
Yes I have all documents ready now

Reactions: CherAmie

AnD2021

Star Member
Jun 23, 2022
We applied through stream A. Here is our timeline:

Applied: may 6 2021 12.30pm EST
AOR: Feb 7 2022
Medical: passed
Biometrics: Done
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started
Eligibility: not started

We got our GCMS notes on June 7th and it shows primary office as Whitehorse, secondary is Sydney.

Our file has not progressed since Feb. Our officer is SM10353. I believe there are others on this thread in a practically identical situation.

After over a year of trying to gleam information from IRCC, I found this yesterday:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-mar-03-2022/inventories-processing-times.html

Halfway down the page it aludes to TR to PR having a 100% success rate and a process time of 7 months.

Any thoughts on the validity of this? Or any comments from fellow Feb AOR's on any progress with their files?

Reactions: Clei

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Bridging work permit is different than TR2PR work permit. For TR2PR WP you don't need to pay the open work permit holder fee and only the processing fee is required which is $155.
That is why in the questionnaire to get a reference number, you need to select that you are exempt from paying your fee and then you need to separately pay the fee and attach it in client information part of the application.

Reactions: maxiie

yoomi0516

Star Member
Sep 13, 2021
I mistakenly submitted my application in the international graduate stream without the biometrics fee payment only the processing fees were paid. I didn’t know I had to retake them. Will they ask me for the fee when they make a request for my biometrics? I’m really worried, please advise.
Also the payment system has been crashing for more than 3 hours straight and I can’t login to pay
They asked BIL, but didn't charge the fee.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
We applied through stream A. Here is our timeline:

Applied: may 6 2021 12.30pm EST
AOR: Feb 7 2022
Medical: passed
Biometrics: Done
Criminality: in progress
Security: not started
Eligibility: not started

We got our GCMS notes on June 7th and it shows primary office as Whitehorse, secondary is Sydney.

Our file has not progressed since Feb. Our officer is SM10353. I believe there are others on this thread in a practically identical situation.

After over a year of trying to gleam information from IRCC, I found this yesterday:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/committees/cimm-mar-03-2022/inventories-processing-times.html

Halfway down the page it aludes to TR to PR having a 100% success rate and a process time of 7 months.

Any thoughts on the validity of this? Or any comments from fellow Feb AOR's on any progress with their files?
Since the 7 month processing is based on all of the applications processed so far, it's only for reporting and it cannot be used for individual applicants. I have seen some people got approval in 1-2 months while some are waiting over a year. It depends on a lot of factors including number of applicants in the applications, travel history, previous occupations, etc. Moreover, IRCC system is not designed for such number of immigrants and there is not an efficient and transparent way that they follow to process the applications.
In addition to all of this, there are some steps which are done by other agencies like CBSA and CSIS which can also lead to vague processing time based on their workload.
All I can say is that none of the numbers and reports generated in this way are helpful because they are just created for the sake of publications.

Reactions: CherAmie

bhindasekhon

Jun 10, 2022
Hello Everyone
I just got a message from cic to get medicals done for me, my wife and my daughter
The medicals that were submitted upfront were not expired at submission time.

i dont know, why they are asking for them again
Does anyone got the same message from cic?

AnD2021

Star Member
Jun 23, 2022
Since the 7 month processing is based on all of the applications processed so far, it's only for reporting and it cannot be used for individual applicants. I have seen some people got approval in 1-2 months while some are waiting over a year. It depends on a lot of factors including number of applicants in the applications, travel history, previous occupations, etc. Moreover, IRCC system is not designed for such number of immigrants and there is not an efficient and transparent way that they follow to process the applications.
In addition to all of this, there are some steps which are done by other agencies like CBSA and CSIS which can also lead to vague processing time based on their workload.
All I can say is that none of the numbers and reports generated in this way are helpful because they are just created for the sake of publications.
Agreed, but they broadcast this as an innovatice, fast track pathway to PR. Mendicino gave multiple television/radio interviews stating exactly that.

They must have had some kind of idea how long an application would take to process when they were deciding what forms were needed, otherwise mendicino's statements were lies/virtue signals and they actually had no clue.

2 weeks after the pathway opened, Dan Mills admitted to Parliament that they'll only be able to process 35K-44K in 2021. They couldn't even manage that. They did 23K.

Either way it is a disappointment. I've been out of work for months as my permit ran out and I'm not the PA. It's almost like they want people to fail.

They'll give priority processing for essential workers outside canada yet take 149 days to process essential worker WP from inside canada.

And they'll take our money but give zero useful communication.

We are beyond stressed at this point.

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Agreed, but they broadcast this as an innovatice, fast track pathway to PR. Mendicino gave multiple television/radio interviews stating exactly that.

They must have had some kind of idea how long an application would take to process when they were deciding what forms were needed, otherwise mendicino's statements were lies/virtue signals and they actually had no clue.

2 weeks after the pathway opened, Dan Mills admitted to Parliament that they'll only be able to process 35K-44K in 2021. They couldn't even manage that. They did 23K.

Either way it is a disappointment. I've been out of work for months as my permit ran out and I'm not the PA. It's almost like they want people to fail.

They'll give priority processing for essential workers outside canada yet take 149 days to process essential worker WP from inside canada.

And they'll take our money but give zero useful communication.

We are beyond stressed at this point.
That's true and it's the typical of IRCC. They said that this program should be an accelerated path for temporary resident to become permanent resident. Yet now, the processing time of TR2PR is more than CEC. Recently, they said that they are working on a new 120-days TR2PR which does not make any sense given the current backlog and delays.
Although it is disappointing but the truth is there is not long term plan for anything in this government. They only take action when the issue arises. Like the one you're seeing with passport line up at the moment. They never though about such case before summer and all of the problems it can cause.

Same for this program, originally, they never announced that the whole program will be processed by the end of 2023 (or even 2024 !) and when they saw there are a lot of applicants which cannot be fitted into the immigration target of 2021, they started coming up with solutions.

Reactions: AnD2021

Sharan98

Star Member
Jun 13, 2022
Hello everyone

I applied in essential worker stream on June 15
I got my aor on 28 feb
Then they asked for additional documents after 1 week of aor
4 months will complete by this 28 after aor but i didn’t get any update .
what should i do ? Should i call to ircc or something else or have to wait

please give me suggestions if anybody know

AnD2021

Star Member
Jun 23, 2022
That's true and it's the typical of IRCC. They said that this program should be an accelerated path for temporary resident to become permanent resident. Yet now, the processing time of TR2PR is more than CEC. Recently, they said that they are working on a new 120-days TR2PR which does not make any sense given the current backlog and delays.
Although it is disappointing but the truth is there is not long term plan for anything in this government. They only take action when the issue arises. Like the one you're seeing with passport line up at the moment. They never though about such case before summer and all of the problems it can cause.

Same for this program, originally, they never announced that the whole program will be processed by the end of 2023 (or even 2024 !) and when they saw there are a lot of applicants which cannot be fitted into the immigration target of 2021, they started coming up with solutions.
Yes, they are incompetent at all levels. They promise things to make themselves look good, knowing full well that there is no way of delivering on those promises. They just want to virtue signal and look like hero's so that they can stay in power. They do not care about us at all.

I'm surprised, (actually...no I'm not), that Sean Fraser had the audacity to admit that they have 120 days to come up with a new pathway. He said it with a straight face, knowing there are over 2 million people in the current backlog.

Here's an idea...clear the backlog to a reasonable level before opening new pathways! Otherwise all you are doing is increasing the backlog to an even more unmanageable level.

That $85 million has done SFA to help reduce WP processing times as they have increased!! And now there will be even more WP applications as they have at least 45K TR to PR applicants who will need one, not to mention all the PGWP holders who missed out on EE for the last 9 months, plus all of the eligible family members.

What a freaking joke.