+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>> 2021 TR to PR Pathway AOR & Timelines <<<<<< Join here

ismaiel.hydro

Mar 22, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I contacted my local MP regarding my tr to pr application status but MP wants me to fill form which includes constituent information and applicant information I'm not sure what should I fill in constituent information. Does anyone knows what should I fill under that section(constituent information)?

Thank you in advance.
I think that section refers to your local MP info. You can ask them for details if they reply quickly to your email/call.

Reactions: Patelpk

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for your response.

Renewing the passport right now might be too much of a hassle. I will apply with my current passport, which means I might get my new OPW with validity till July '23. Hopefully, I will get my PR by then. If not, I can look into requesting an extension of my OPW closer to expiry.

Does this approach make sense to you? I am just trying to save time now by accepting the risk of getting an OPW with the expiry of July '23.
Yeah sure, you can apply for it now and then extend it in the future.

Reactions: sharma.a

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Hi SmzAmir. I am counting on your response.

you can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires. Your family members can apply at any time.

My PGWP expires Sept 2023. Do I need to apply now? inorder to get OWP for my wife? AmI allowed to do it. They say 4 months before?
I believe this for the people who already applied for a WP under this policy and now wants to get an extension.
If you look at the webpage here, under the Step 6: Upload the correct documents it says that
- Documents for your initial open work permit
- Documents to extend your permit under this pathway

The first one should be the case that you need to do if you're applying for a WP for the first time under this policy (even if you have a valid PGWP) and the term You can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires. is applicable if you're looking to extend your TR2PR-WP under this policy. Meaning that you already got one and now you're looking to extend (for various reasons like your passport got renewed, etc.)

I also saw that one of the required documents for initial open work permit is a "Proof that you were allowed to work when you applied for permanent residence" and I think this should be our PGWP.

Let's see what are other people's opinions and thoughts on this.

Last edited:

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks for your response.

Renewing the passport right now might be too much of a hassle. I will apply with my current passport, which means I might get my new OPW with validity till July '23. Hopefully, I will get my PR by then. If not, I can look into requesting an extension of my OPW closer to expiry.

Does this approach make sense to you? I am just trying to save time now by accepting the risk of getting an OPW with the expiry of July '23.
Let me know your opinion about this idea https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/2021-tr-to-pr-pathway-aor-timelines-join-here.731318/post-10110036

Reactions: sharma.a

Cath28

May 13, 2022
Hi everyone,

I received a GU last week Wednesday- when I called IRCC they informed me its because my eligibility had passed and my secondary VO was also updated.
I received a second GU yesterday with my medicals changing to " you do not need a medical exam" Anyone know what the next step is?

Reactions: shakarchy

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
You think PNP is any better ? I got nominated by Ontario last October. Applied for PR to IRCC based on that in January since I did not even have a file number for my TR to PR. I am still waiting for AOR on my provincial PR application :))))))
no, I would use that nomination for EE PNP

maxiie

Champion Member
Jul 21, 2021
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
15-07-2021
I believe this for the people who already applied for a WP under this policy and now wants to get an extension.
If you look at the webpage here, under the Step 6: Upload the correct documents it says that
- Documents for your initial open work permit
- Documents to extend your permit under this pathway

The first one should be the case that you need to do if you're applying for a WP for the first time under this policy (even if you have a valid PGWP) and the term You can apply up to 4 months before your current work permit expires. is applicable if you're looking to extend your TR2PR-WP under this policy. Meaning that you already got one and now you're looking to extend (for various reasons like your passport got renewed, etc.)

I also saw that one of the required documents for initial open work permit is a "Proof that you were allowed to work when you applied for permanent residence" and I think this should be our PGWP.

Let's see what are other people's opinions and thoughts on this.
is this new wp valid upto 2024 or 2022?

SmzAmir

Oct 24, 2021
Last edited: